Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60

Thread: Mo's Early Mock Draft

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Problem with that is that Scott has a contract past 2010 and Harris doesn't.

    CB is there a time and date set for this news to be released?
    later tonight, but here's an early one- Robert Quinn is presently in LA training for the combine...

    here's one for GGI- will hill entering the draft; evidently he has no other options....

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    later tonight, but here's an early one- Robert Quinn is presently in LA training for the combine...

    here's one for GGI- will hill entering the draft; evidently he has no other options....
    Heard that- dude has 2 kids that need supporting and I'm not so sure he would have started his SR. year under Coach Boom.

    Everyone expected Janoris Jenkins to be a sure bet to go, but apparently he had surgery on his labrum or something so, besides not playing in the Outback Bowl, he might not be 100% for the postseason so...that could be a big influence in the decision.

    At the same time, he grew up in "the Muck" here in FL so the kid has never had money...we'll see...

    I thought Jaye Howard was going to jump too, but Muschamp recruited him out of HS at Auburn so that might influence him to stay...
    Last edited by gangGREENinsider; 12-22-2010 at 02:52 PM.

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Heard that- dude has 2 kids that need supporting and I'm not so sure he would have started his SR. year under Coach Boom.

    Everyone expected Janoris Jenkins to be a sure bet to go, but apparently he had surgery on his labrum or something so, besides not playing in the Outback Bowl, he might not be 100% for the postseason so...that could be a big influence in the decision.

    At the same time, he grew up in "the Muck" here in FL so the kid has never had money...we'll see...

    I thought Jaye Howard was going to jump too, but Muschamp recruited him out of HS at Auburn so that might influence him to stay...

    Jenkins is gone.....labrum injury for a DB is not serious...the Indiana-Pa kid the cowboys took in round 4 last April had the same issue....

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Addazio to Temple and Hill to the NFL...Christmas came early for GGI.

    Really interested to see how Janoris runs...he really bumped his tock this season after a **** SO. year.

    Kinda funny- VERY similar career path to Haden.

    Solid freshman years, **** SO. year when they were moved to the "field" CB position, awesome JR. year when moved back to the "boundary" CB position.

    Haden's a better athlete, but I think Janoris is a little more polished...

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    later tonight, but here's an early one- Robert Quinn is presently in LA training for the combine...

    here's one for GGI- will hill entering the draft; evidently he has no other options....
    Oh, and what does that mean?

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Oh, and what does that mean?
    <2.0


    another one- Akim Ayers/LB/UCLA will enter the draft...two more by tonight....

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    <2.0


    another one- Akim Ayers/LB/UCLA will enter the draft...two more by tonight....
    I have Ayers as a better ILB prospect than OLB prospect in a 3-4. Agree or disagree?

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    I have Ayers as a better ILB prospect than OLB prospect in a 3-4. Agree or disagree?
    not imo- OLB in a 4-3 (strong side) or 3-4 (rush LB)....

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is he strong enough as a pass rusher? How much does that matter?

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    <2.0


    another one- Akim Ayers/LB/UCLA will enter the draft...two more by tonight....
    What an incredible @$$hole...

    If I say any mock drafts with him in them, I'm going to flip sh!t.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    <2.0


    another one- Akim Ayers/LB/UCLA will enter the draft...two more by tonight....
    Aldon Smith/DE-OLB/Mizzou entering.....

    Muhammed Wilkerson/DL/Temple entering....

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    Aldon Smith/DE-OLB/Mizzou entering.....

    Muhammed Wilkerson/DL/Temple entering....
    Nice...

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    Aldon Smith/DE-OLB/Mizzou entering.....

    Muhammed Wilkerson/DL/Temple entering....
    Oh wow...those are two damn good prospects...What're the chances either goes in the first?

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Oh wow...those are two damn good prospects...What're the chances either goes in the first?
    smith- absolutely...

    wilkerson- doubt it....first round talent but just so many d-linemen this year...

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    smith- absolutely...

    wilkerson- doubt it....first round talent but just so many d-linemen this year...
    Any chance Smith drops to the Jets?

  16. #36
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    N.Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    3,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always interested in the draft, especially with guys who actually know what they are talking about. A couple of questions.

    1. How do you assess this up coming draft for overall talent. Last year was supposed to be as deep a draft as we've had recently. I've read recently where they think that this draft might be the thinnest draft since 2007 (which is considered the worst overall draft in the past decade) Where does this on rank?

    2. Robert Quinn is on my radar for the Pats. I think it looks like the Pats will have a 9-16th pick, more likely closer to 16 than 9 (Damned those Raiders). But sill BB will have enough ammo to move up if he has to. Where do you think Quinn will be taken? Which LB position is he likely to play?

    I'm thinking BB will look at his athletic ability and be thinking LT redux, But I don't know enough about the kid to know if he has the mental make up to be great. But I am hoping him missing the entire season will help drop him into the low teens.

    I'm all ears.

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    Always interested in the draft, especially with guys who actually know what they are talking about. A couple of questions.

    1. How do you assess this up coming draft for overall talent. Last year was supposed to be as deep a draft as we've had recently. I've read recently where they think that this draft might be the thinnest draft since 2007 (which is considered the worst overall draft in the past decade) Where does this on rank?

    Just to start off, '05 was much worse than '07. '07 had Thomas, Johnson, Peterson, Willis, and a couple others. '05 got salvaged alot by Ware and Merriman at the time though Rolle is turning himself into a great player. Edwards is showing upside himself.

    Anyway, this year's draft has a marquee QB prospect which always helps. It's loaded with DL and WR, there's some good CBs, and some talented safeties (though never enough). It's short on OL (though that's been overstated) and RBs. Everything else is about average. It's not a bad draft by any means.


    2. Robert Quinn is on my radar for the Pats. I think it looks like the Pats will have a 9-16th pick, more likely closer to 16 than 9 (Damned those Raiders). But sill BB will have enough ammo to move up if he has to. Where do you think Quinn will be taken? Which LB position is he likely to play?

    I'm thinking BB will look at his athletic ability and be thinking LT redux, But I don't know enough about the kid to know if he has the mental make up to be great. But I am hoping him missing the entire season will help drop him into the low teens.

    Quinn is a top 6 player in this draft IMO, but my gut keeps telling me he'll fall to the 10-15 range. Take that for what it's worth.
    Sorry for the weird format, but replies are in bold.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 12-24-2010 at 07:30 PM.

  18. #38
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    25,583
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much ideal.

    If Jordan were to fall out of the Top 20, I really wouldn't be opposed to trading up a few spots for him.

  19. #39
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    N.Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    3,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Sorry for the weird format, but replies are in bold.
    Thanks for the response. With 7 picks in the top 4 rounds and 3 in the top 33, I'm hoping the Pats can come up with at least TWO impact rookies and a few more who might develop.

    If you had asked me before the season started, I would have GUARANTEED that BB would do whatever he had to in order to get the best 3-4 DE prospect available. However the Pats have had a lot of very young DLmen get a lot quality snaps this season. Brace has risen from rookie year busthood to quality starts this season. Deadrick a 7th round pick also has had some quality starts, but seems to have hit the rookie wall, and last year's surprise, Myron Prior has been hurt a good deal of the season. Also Ty Warren coming back healthy for the first time in 3 years will be more a DL impact player than anyone they could draft, so now I don't know where they will go.

    Other "common wisdom" directions is for them to go RB with the bama kid, but
    why waste first round capital when you have 2 young UDFAs who are giving you all the running game you need. And why risk a high pick on a RB which carries a big risk, when good ones can be found all through the draft and more proven ones in FA

    The Pats definitely need to look to start rebuilding the OL. Who knows what will happen with Mankins. If he signs the Pats will need to think about drafting a replacement for Light and Koppen, but I think both will be back for 2011.

    That leaves the usual suspect, which is the OLB/pass rushers that EVERONE wants. That's why Quinn is so interesting to me. While BB is always looking to add picks, I think THIS draft will see a change in stragety. Because he's hit so well in the last 2 drafts and has so many picks this draft, I think he will be looking more for quality than quantity. I think the team is good enough for BB to take more risks on drafting a few exceptional players than a lot of good ones

    My issue is wondering if there are more than a few exceptional players in this draft.

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Pretty much ideal.

    If Jordan were to fall out of the Top 20, I really wouldn't be opposed to trading up a few spots for him.
    No trading up. this draft is deep enough on the de/nt/lb spots that we dont need to move up. stay where we are and accumulate young depth.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us