Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets playoff picture: Win and we're in!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets playoff picture: Win and we're in!

TheJetsStream

[QUOTE]Playoff picture is simple for #Jets this week: Win and they're in. Lose and they're in IF Colts or Jaguars lose.[/QUOTE]

Colts play Oakland. Jags play Redskins.

Seems simple enough. :O

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a better chance that Oakland beats Indy than there is Washington beating Jacksonville IMO. But the Jets really need to take care of business and not rely on help from other teams anyways.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3875032]There's a better chance that Oakland beats Indy than there is Washington beating Jacksonville IMO. But the Jets really need to take care of business and not rely on help from other teams anyways.[/QUOTE]

Boom, right here.

It sure would be nice to lock up a playoff spot before the last week of the season by WINNING. Losing and then backing in will only raise echoes of SOJ.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bullitt245;3875400]Boom, right here.

It sure would be nice to lock up a playoff spot before the last week of the season by WINNING. Losing and then backing in will only raise echoes of SOJ.[/QUOTE]

I hate the term "backing in". I really do.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My faith in this team is still shaken from 45-3 & 10-6. But what a confidence-builder it would be to knock off two top-10 teams, on the road, in the cold, with the playoffs looming...

Jets history says they lose this week and take Buffalo to the 4th quarter with the playoffs on the line. But knowing that this is likely not the year to go all the way (too many holes on both sides), it would be nice to at least wrap up a playoff spot with a chance to tie the best record in franchise history.

Tired of getting into the playoffs in the final week. Get it done this weekend, and then let's see what happens. Who knows, they caught fire in Week 16 last year and look what almost happened...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are going to wrapup a playoff spot with a win this weekend vs the Bears in Chi.:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any talk about the bears "resting" some starters now that they have clinched the North????

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3875427]I hate the term "backing in". I really do.[/QUOTE]

+1

May be the dumbest term mentioned in football. As if a win in week 16 somehow carries more weight than a win in week 1.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's a chowd troll and giaints fan concept. consider the source.

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3875527]+1

May be the dumbest term mentioned in football. As if a win in week 16 somehow carries more weight than a win in week 1.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're going to have a hard time beating Da Bears in Chicago and the Colts and Jags have favorable matchups...especially the Jags. IMO it's probably going to take us beating Buffalo to get in.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3875504]Any talk about the bears "resting" some starters now that they have clinched the North????[/QUOTE]

No, because they are still playing for a first round bye.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont worry,, We are IN.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I like the fact that Sanchez is having to play these late season cold weather games outside. Hopefully games in Pittsburgh and Chicago will condition him for what's ahead in another possible trip to Pitt or NE in the playoffs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather win and clinch but I'm not picky.

We're the 1:00pm game so we'll know if we're going to clinch by ourselves before Indianapolis/Oakland even kicks off.

Jacksonville/Washington "should" be an easy W for the Jaguars.

Basically the only way we're missing the postseason is if we finish 0-2 and both Jacksonville and Indianapolis finish 2-0. Personally I feel like all three scenarios are unlikely to happen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look, we have not had as many as 10 wins this early in the season since 1998.....i think in 2004 we had 10 the second to last game and lost to the Rams but made it anyway.....it would feel great to clinch this week by beating Chicago on the hallowed grounds of Soldier field and then have a chance to basically run a scrimmage against Buffalo next week and get McKnight and Brunell some playing time......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;3876113]Look, we have not had as many as 10 wins this early in the season since 1998.....i think in 2004 we had 10 the second to last game and lost to the Rams but made it anyway.....it would feel great to clinch this week by beating Chicago on the hallowed grounds of Soldier field and then have a chance to basically run a scrimmage against Buffalo next week and get McKnight and Brunell some playing time......[/QUOTE]

Even with a win this week you need to play to win against Buffalo and hope that Pittsburgh loses and Baltimore wins so that we can move up to the 5th seed, allowing us to possibly have a home game in the AFCCG.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;3876173]Even with a win this week you need to play to win against Buffalo and hope that Pittsburgh loses and Baltimore wins so that we can move up to the 5th seed, allowing us to possibly have a home game in the AFCCG.[/QUOTE]

And I would also prefer to get seeded where we would only play NE in the championship game as that would be a perfect time for payback for 45-3

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3875504]Any talk about the bears "resting" some starters now that they have clinched the North????[/QUOTE]

Oh please. Not again!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets clinch a playoff spot this week, do you think Rex will take his foot off the accelerator against the Bills next week?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3877112]If the Jets clinch a playoff spot this week, do you think Rex will take his foot off the accelerator against the Bills next week?[/QUOTE]

I really don't think we can afford to tiptoe around the Bills.