Thread: Rep. Peter King's "Radicalization" hearings

Hall Of Fame

Rep. Peter King's "Radicalization" hearings

I think its an excellent idea, especially after I found this: http://www.newsweek.com/2009/03/13/j...to-london.html

(the above link is too long to re-post)

(below is hearings story)

Representative Peter King (R-NY) says he'll call for hearings into the radicalization of Muslim Americans when he takes over as chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security in the new congressional term.

In an interview on FOX's "America Live," King said "We have to break through this politically correct nonsense which keeps us from debating and discussing what I think is one of the most vitally important issues in this country. We are under siege by Muslim terrorists and yet there are Muslim leaders in this country who do not cooperate with law enforcement."

And he also notes a rise in terrorist recruitment in the United States saying, "We have the reality that Al-Qaida is trying to recruit Muslim-Americans, and yet we have people in the Muslim community who refuse to face up to this."

King cites foiled terror plots to bomb Times Square and the New York Subway, the 2009 Fort Hood shootings, and arrests of who he calls "homegrown Muslim terrorists" in Texas, Chicago, Virginia, New Jersey, San Diego and Portland, Oregon as examples of the type of radicalization on which the hearings would focus.

But some Muslim groups have said such hearings would be an anti-Muslim witch hunt and lead to an era of McCarthy-type hearings.

"Rep. King has dedicated years of his career peddling extremist rhetoric and baseless claims concerning the Muslim community and its leadership," said Faiza Ali, community affairs director of the New York chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. "Instead of promoting counterproductive strategies that risk alienating partners within the community, Rep. King would better serve our nation if he actually engaged mainstream American Muslim leaders and organizations on issues related to national security."

But the congressman says he'll use the hearings to drill deeper into the divisive issue and points out that Muslims themselves are most susceptible to being victims of terrorism. "The immediate victims are Muslims themselves, whose sons and daughters could end up being killed as suicide bombers," he said.

Hall Of Fame
    What will he gain by holding hearings? Calling out an entire religion in hopes to help them?
    Grandstanding?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Cried of McCarthyism inbound in 3....2......1......

"Are you now, or have you ever been, a part of a Radical Muslim Group, sir?"

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Cried of McCarthyism inbound in 3....2......1......

"Are you now, or have you ever been, a part of a Radical Muslim Group, sir?"

Nothing fights terrorism better than congressional and senat hearings. Point em all out and yell "You hate America!".

Watch everyone line up to help.

Why not just make being Muslim illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Nothing fights terrorism better than congressional and senat hearings. Point em all out and yell "You hate America!".

Watch everyone line up to help.

Why not just make being Muslim illegal?
    "We have to break through this politically correct nonsense which keeps us from debating and discussing what I think is one of the most vitally important issues in this country."

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    "We have to break through this politically correct nonsense which keeps us from debating and discussing what I think is one of the most vitally important issues in this country."
    Don't worry...we have those terrific TSA employees to prevent any mishaps with them terrorist types who of course come in all shapes and sizes. Thanks be to God.... My grandmother just got patted down.

Anybody hear about the Charlotte boy who snuck on a flight from Charlotte to Boston and whose body was found in near Boston as he fell from the plane when the wheels were put down?

Yes...we are totally safe.

Can't wait until TSA is unionized and all those "workers" are taken better care of.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    What the f does that have to do with fighting terrorism? D.C. needs to pass laws and give the people fighting terrorism the necessary tools to do so, last I checked King doesn't investigate or arrest anyone.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    What the f does that have to do with fighting terrorism? D.C. needs to pass laws and give the people fighting terrorism the necessary tools to do so, last I checked King doesn't investigate or arrest anyone.
    Translated....we need more money, more resources, more people.

Hall Of Fame
    Bad idea for Congress to investigate. Good idea to have the FBI, police and Intel investigate real threats.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Bad idea for Congress to investigate.
    disagree- i agree 10000% with King's (one of my favorite congressman) assertion about breaking through political correctness...

they have no problem openly speaking about white militia groups...

they have no problem openly speaking about christian groups that bomb abortion centers....

they had no problem openly identifying the IRA as an irish revolutionary group...

etc, etc, etc.....

continue to not identify these people for what they are, radical muslims, in order to protect the "innocent", which no one gave a crap about per white non-militias, irish, christians, etc, etc, is BS....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    disagree- i agree 10000% with King's (one of my favorite congressman) assertion about breaking through political correctness...

they have no problem openly speaking about christian groups that bomb abortion centers....

they had no problem openly identifying the IRA as an irish revolutionary group...

etc, etc, etc.....

continue to not identify these people for what they are, radical muslims, in order to protect the "innocent", which no one gave a crap about per white non-militias, irish, christians, etc, etc, is BS....
    I don't understand - I thought we already do: Al Qaeda, Crimson Jihad etc.

And I think 'Biggs hit it on the money. This is the FBI's, NSA's and law enforcement's job - not Congress.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post

etc, etc, etc.....

Have we had Congressional investigations into "White" Militia groups? Have we had Congressional investigations into "Christian" Terror against Womens access to legal health services?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Have we had Congressional investigations into "White" Militia groups? Have we had Congressional investigations into "Christian" Terror against Womens access to legal health services?
    that's the point- there was no need to have investigations as it (or they) were called for what they were....for cripes sakes- the ayatollah doesn't want to call it terrorism anymore rather "man-made cause disaster"....give me a fuqin break already...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Translated....we need more money, more resources, more people.
    Nice try Sideshow Bob.

Hall Of Fame
    Bad idea for Congress to investigate. Good idea to have the FBI, police and Intel investigate real threats.
    At the very least, they should look into prison chaplins that are turning criminals into terrorists; then start shutting down mosques where hate speech is directed against the US and/or non-Muslim countries.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    its a good thing we invaded those 2 islamic countries... and occupied them for almost a decade... better to fight all those homegrown terrorists.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    At the very least, they should look into prison chaplins that are turning criminals into terrorists; then start shutting down mosques where hate speech is directed against the US and/or non-Muslim countries.
    Nice you want to put limits on speech and religion. You can take every chaplin out of the prisons and it would not make a difference.