Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has TE Jeff Cumberland been activated at all this year?

Has TE Jeff Cumberland been activated at all this year?

He is a pretty good athlete!

Yes.

Who's he going to play instead of though? He's a pass catcher and we can't even get Keller the ball.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3875396]Yes.

Who's he going to play instead of though? He's a pass catcher and we can't even get Keller the ball.[/QUOTE]

Good Question!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Didn;t he drop a pass Sunday vs. Pitt?

I recall early on some TE not named Keller was targeted but dropped it?

[QUOTE=Warfish;3875410]Didn;t he drop a pass Sunday vs. Pitt?

I recall early on some TE not named Keller was targeted but dropped it?[/QUOTE]

That was Matthew Mulligan.

[QUOTE=Warfish;3875410]Didn;t he drop a pass Sunday vs. Pitt?

I recall early on some TE not named Keller was targeted but dropped it?[/QUOTE]

I remember a TE dropping the ball too.... Not sure who..

IF we activate him, our sideline wall will not be as effective.

Good thing we kept him on the roster. Sure would have been a shame if we released him and someone signed him.... since we've been using him a lot and all.

Sorry, Rex made a ridiculous decision keeping this absolutely no impact player on our roster while releasing the beast to the AFC East rival. I will never let it go.

Hall Of Fame
    [IMG]http://www.pxleyes.com/images/contests/typography/fullsize/Just-another-BRICK-in-the-wall-4cc812f852100.jpg[/IMG]

IF my memory serves me right, he was active 1st game vs. the Ravens. Threw 1 pass to him, it was incomplete.

[QUOTE=southside;3875423]Good thing we kept him on the roster. Sure would have been a shame if we released him and someone signed him.... since we've been using him a lot and all.

Sorry, Rex made a ridiculous decision keeping this absolutely no impact player on our roster while releasing the beast to the AFC East rival. I will never let it go.[/QUOTE]

If Cumberland becomes the next Antonio Gates, you'll shut your mouth real quick.

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;3875440]If Cumberland becomes the next Antonio Gates, you'll shut your mouth real quick.[/QUOTE]

You want that to happen? Best find a new OC then.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;3875440]If Cumberland becomes the next Antonio Gates, you'll shut your mouth real quick.[/QUOTE]

Nevertheless, it is curious that the Jets felt that Cumberland, an UDFA TE, was too valuable to risk going to the Practice Squad and yet hasn't been active all season.

Likewise, Matt Mulligan is our 2nd blocking TE, hasn't caught a pass (IIRC), is active for 1/2 (or less) of games and doesn't play all that much as the Jets typically use Rob Turner as a 6th Olineman in jumbo packages.

And if we consider the fact that we have 2 FBs on the roster, that is a couple of roster spots that could have gone to guys that have been poached this year. Chauncey, Woodchuck or Kenwan Cummings.

All Pro
    A HUGE problem in our offense is that we have one pass catching TE and pure two blocking TEs. Every opponent knows that Hartsock and Mulligan will only block and dont need to be covered. If there were any doubts, look at the video from Sunday. That not only gives us problems running the ball because we get predictable and easier to attack but also passing the ball to Keller. If he is the only TE or middle receiver that we really have, of course they will double him.

[QUOTE=Flaming Mo;3875472]A HUGE problem in our offense is that we have one pass catching TE and pure two blocking TEs. Every opponent knows that Hartsock and Mulligan will only block and dont need to be covered. If there were any doubts, look at the video from Sunday. That not only gives us problems running the ball because we get predictable and easier to attack but also passing the ball to Keller. If he is the only TE or middle receiver that we really have, of course they will double him.[/QUOTE]

Thats what im talking about. Right there!!! Jets need another Pass catching TE to compliment Keller...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Yeah, because out of the 25 or so jags that have had a mysterious following here, he would be the first to make it on any level.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/roster/Jeff-Cumberland/57e1c15d-f0a0-4dc2-a2b2-0a2cc6a78c11[/url]

You Mean The guy who was getting open all over the field during pre-season? It makes way too much sence to use a guy like this in Sh!ttys offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

:yes:[QUOTE=crasherino;3875459]Nevertheless, i[B]t is curious that the Jets felt that Cumberland, an UDFA TE, was too valuable to risk going to the Practice Squad and yet hasn't been active all season. [/B]

Likewise, Matt Mulligan is our 2nd blocking TE, hasn't caught a pass (IIRC), is active for 1/2 (or less) of games and doesn't play all that much as the Jets typically use Rob Turner as a 6th Olineman in jumbo packages.

And if we consider the fact that we have 2 FBs on the roster, that is a couple of roster spots that could have gone to guys that have been poached this year. Chauncey, Woodchuck or Kenwan Cummings.[/QUOTE]

He's been active.

ST's?

Pretty sure he has never been active. They were thinking of activating him after Cotchery got injured but brought up Turner instead. Interesting that they released Turner over Cumberland when Cotchery came back.