Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has TE Jeff Cumberland been activated at all this year?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3875480]Yeah, because out of the 25 or so jags that have had a mysterious following here, he would be the first to make it on any level.[/QUOTE]

The Jets obviously see a lot of potential in him and he would be picked up if they tried to get him on practice squad. There are plenty of players that become good to great players from UDFA. Hes raw and the Jets need to develop him still, this is a way they can keep him on the team. They have more knowledge on him than we do.

Danny Woodhead isn't anything special, you can find RBs easily. Hes succeeding with the Patriots because hes running behind gigantic holes and having Brady finding him in space. The reason they cut Woodhead was because of signing Clowney, I think. I would take a TE that is 6'4 260 and can run a 4.4, potentially being a big target, over a little RB that needs huge holes to run behind.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;3875497]The Jets obviously see a lot of potential in him and he would be picked up if they tried to get him on practice squad. There are plenty of players that become good to great players from UDFA. Hes raw and the Jets need to develop him still, this is a way they can keep him on the team. They have more knowledge on him than we do.

Danny Woodhead isn't anything special, you can find RBs easily. Hes succeeding with the Patriots because hes running behind gigantic holes and having Brady finding him in space. The reason they cut Woodhead was because of signing Clowney, I think. I would take a TE that is 6'4 260 and can run a 4.4, potentially being a big target, over a little RB that needs huge holes to run behind.[/QUOTE]

Woodhead has as many TDs as LT and zero fumbles.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;3875529]Woodhead has as many TDs as LT and zero fumbles.[/QUOTE]

Don't you know Woodhead sucks and anybody can be successful in New England? Which is why they traded their loser high draft pick RB away for being so productive?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this was Dixon has only been active 1 or 2 games

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;3875497]The Jets obviously see a lot of potential in him and he would be picked up if they tried to get him on practice squad. There are plenty of players that become good to great players from UDFA. Hes raw and the Jets need to develop him still, this is a way they can keep him on the team. They have more knowledge on him than we do.

Danny Woodhead isn't anything special, you can find RBs easily. Hes succeeding with the Patriots because hes running behind gigantic holes and having Brady finding him in space. The reason they cut Woodhead was because of signing Clowney, I think. I would take a TE that is 6'4 260 and can run a 4.4, potentially being a big target, over a little RB that needs huge holes to run behind.[/QUOTE]

Every team has guys like him, you have to fill out the roster with someone, doesn't mean that they think the guy will ever be more than a body, someone you cart out to practice etc.

My point had nothing to do with his talent level though. It was to the comment that somehow if he turned into Gates (yeah, that'll happen) someone will eat crow. The list of players that were thought of in the same way on this board over the years is long. Just saying one out of 100 wouldn't be that impressive. :D

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3875539]Don't you know Woodhead sucks and anybody can be successful in New England? Which is why they traded their loser high draft pick RB away for being so productive?[/QUOTE]

They traded their RB away because besides collecting picks they had someone on the roster they liked better.

Who then got hurt.