Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your best-case scenario regarding playoff seeding? Here's mine!

The team I really just want to avoid is San Diego. I know we have beaten them in the past but they are incredible at home and IMO the most talented team in the NFL. They just happen to have an idiot for a head coach. Im not crazy about the Colts either, but after watching them the last few weeks my opinion on them has soured. They have a ton of weak spots.

Beyond that I dont care much. If we must play the Pats Id rather do it in round 2 than 3 even with NE having a week off to prepare. As a playoff team they are young on defense and i think catching them early is better than late. I think our guys would put way too much pressure on themselves if it was the AFCCG. Plus I would hate losing in that game to them. It would leave such an awful taste. A 2nd round loss wouldnt hurt me as much.

[QUOTE=Much ado about Nothing;3875561]If it came down to it I don't think the Ravens are significantly better than us. I'm not a Flacco fan, they beat us by one whole point, and we totally could have had that first game if Keller didn't step out of bounds short of that first down. I fully believe they could have gotten into FG range and maybe stolen that game if it wasn't so clearly fixed (I'm still trying to figure out what caused Keller to step out).[/QUOTE]

IIRC he took a huge shot from Ray Lewis or some other backer the previous play and he was still kinda woozy.

All League
    [QUOTE=njherdfan;3875495]Didn't even realize the Jets would host the Ravens in my scenario, but that would be an added bonus.[/QUOTE]

With way our team plays at home we'd be better off playing all road games in the playoffs. Our only bad road game this season was vs. New England. It would be nice to finally see a playoff game in NY though.

All League
    [QUOTE=Much ado about Nothing;3875561]If it came down to it I don't think the Ravens are significantly better than us. I'm not a Flacco fan, they beat us by one whole point, and we totally could have had that first game if Keller didn't step out of bounds short of that first down. I fully believe they could have gotten into FG range and maybe stolen that game if it wasn't so clearly fixed (I'm still trying to figure out what caused Keller to step out).[/QUOTE]

Remember the pats/ravens playoff game last year? Yeah neither do the patriots because they drank themselves into oblivion after that game.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetsfan66;3875465]i agree 100% and then id be road tripping down to jacksonville[/QUOTE]

I'm 95% going to Jacksonville if the Jets play there. Have relatives in the area. Not crazy about going to KC but might consider it.

If SD wins the Division (is that still possible?) and the Jets end up there it would be hard not going again after last year. But can we really pull that off again? Talk about an f'ing dagger in the heart of Chargers fans. We ripped their hearts out in 2004 when Kaeding missed those FGs, we stomped on their hearts last year, and to go back there again for the playoffs this year. Holy cow would they want revenge badly.

[QUOTE=Jason423;3875669]The team I really just want to avoid is San Diego. I know we have beaten them in the past but they are incredible at home and IMO the most talented team in the NFL. They just happen to have an idiot for a head coach. Im not crazy about the Colts either, but after watching them the last few weeks my opinion on them has soured. They have a ton of weak spots.

Beyond that I dont care much. If we must play the Pats Id rather do it in round 2 than 3 even with NE having a week off to prepare. As a playoff team they are young on defense and i think catching them early is better than late. I think our guys would put way too much pressure on themselves if it was the AFCCG. Plus I would hate losing in that game to them. It would leave such an awful taste. A 2nd round loss wouldnt hurt me as much.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...the Chargers were my AFC Super Bowl pick in the preseason. The Rivers is ready for primetime.