Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomlin Reveals Steelers Got 9-Yard 1st Down

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;3875523]I think it stinks that the Mendenhall gets a 100-yard game with that in mind. Jets had a nice streak going, even if it's something that's ultimately inconsequential.[/QUOTE]

Back in the day when Freeman McNeil lit up Cincinnati for 202 in the playoffs they discovered a mistake in the stats and took 10 yards away. He then wound up with 192. That happened on the days after the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets27-23;3875563]Can you imagine if this happened for the Jets in a game versus the Pats, and it resulted in a Jets win? That would be a bigger story than tripgate. Why is this being swept under the rug???[/QUOTE]

It would never happen. Goodell would return all the players, coaches, refs, etc. to the stadium and make them replay the game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HitSomeone41;3875615]Forget other teams getting phantom 1st downs.....
    WE NEED TO GET BETTER ON 3rd and LONG with this DEFENSE.

Re-watched the game and its sickening and maddening to watch time and time again we giving other teams offenses life by picking up those 3rd down conversions.

3rd and 13
    3rd and 16
    3rd and 24 !!!!
    all converted !!!!
    Just makes the stomach turn. All four quarters yesterday we gave them up.
    Steelers had like three 90+ yard drives!!!!!

We have to fix this ... its getting ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? We beat the Steelers, we're awesome! Superbowl here we come...lol ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3875771]It would never happen. Goodell would return all the players, coaches, refs, etc. to the stadium and make them replay the game.[/QUOTE]

+1... Your not lying. :yes:

I like how all the news networks mentioned the missed PI call and forgot to mention the 3 9 yard first downs Pitt got along with not getting called for holding once all game. The Steelers were getting away with murder and didn't even have a penalty called against them until late in the 3rd. This type of crap would never happen to Goodell's babies (Pats, Colts, ect).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3875603]Because if not for the refs the Steelers didn't get the 1st? With the call they then went on to score a TD instead of attempting a FG?

I'd rather keep those extra 4 points off the board. :yes:[/QUOTE]

So your saying that 1 yd cost us the TD? I like our defense, but I doubt they were going to stop Pitt on 2 plays to get 1 yd. i'd rather try to stop them from getting 10 in 3 plays. That's all i'm saying.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Steelers and Patriots only need to get 9 yards for a first down.

It's in the rule book.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    nothing is ever going to change. The NFL doesn't want to deal with an officials union. So they will continue to hire and reward old, fat, incompetent, nearly blind and possibly corrupt people like Ron Winter and Walt Coleman for decades.

Twenty seven game changing screwups a week is a better choice for the owners than having to deal with professional officials and their quick to be formed "Officials Union"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets27-23;3875563]Can you imagine if this happened for the Jets in a game versus the Pats, and it resulted in a Jets win? That would be a bigger story than tripgate. Why is this being swept under the rug???[/QUOTE]

Because it favored America's second favorite team?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at the game. After the 9 yard run, and (correct) spot of the ball...the PA announcer at the stadium goes...'And that's another Steelers first down!'....and then EVERYONE...steeler and jet fan alike look at each other and go...'no it's not...'

Then there's mass confusion, and it looks like the referees just go with it and continue on as a first down.

Truly embarrassing.