Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: " Redskins an absolute mess " ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

" Redskins an absolute mess " ~ ~ ~

Redskins an absolute mess

> [url]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/12/20/redskins-an-absolute-mess[/url]

I really like Donovan McNabb but I believe , deep down, you can't win the big one with him.

Now, as an older player, you just can't win with him at all.

"What the Redskins need to do is seriously consider [B]relieving Kyle Shanahan of his offensive-coordinator duties[/B], according to a veteran personnel executive familiar with Shanahan from his time in Houston under Gary Kubiak, a former Broncos assistant under Shanahan.

[B]"Kyle never should have been a coordinator," the personnel exec told PFW.[/B] "He should be a WR coach or QB coach. [B]He was handed that (coordinator) job; he did not earn it. [/B]The players don't respect him (in Washington). Donovan does not respect that little punk [B]he has not done anything.[/B] He (Shanahan) played at Texas he was an undrafted free-agent receiver who could not make it, and Daddy brought him up from there. Kubiak was the coordinator in Houston. [B]He gave (Kyle) the title for his old man[/B], but Kubiak was calling the plays.

"Their problem right now is pretty simple," added the personnel exec. "They have a head coach. [B]They don't have capable coordinators.[/B] (Defensive coordinator) Jim Haslett is not getting it done (either). If I were there, they would be running a 4-3, and Haynesworth would not be getting run off. They have completely mishandled their two most important players on each side of the ball (McNabb on offense, Haynesworth on defense), and it's because their coordinators don't have the interpersonal skills to make it work.

"It's embarrassing. It really is. (Redskins owner) Dan (Snyder) fired Marty Schottenheimer after a year. Who's to say he couldn't do the same thing with Shanahan? (Snyder) has got to be searching for answers. [B]I'll tell you what is weakening this league. It's incompetence and nepotism and I'm not sure which is first."[/B]

If I didn't know better, I would think they were talking about Brian Schottenheimer.

Ah, what else is new for the Redskins? :yes:

[QUOTE=escamoter2;3875602]

If I didn't know better, I would think they were talking about Brian Schottenheimer.[/QUOTE]

Come on, I know fans on the board don't like Schottenheimer. But he is respected around league, and has been for years now. This isn't the case of a coach bringing his own son into coordinate for him.

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3875659]Come on, I know fans on the board don't like Schottenheimer. But he is respected around league, and has been for years now. This isn't the case of a coach bringing his own son into coordinate for him.[/QUOTE]

Respected for what?

[QUOTE=escamoter2;3875661]Respected for what?[/QUOTE]

You took the words right out of my mouth.

His daddy dearest got him his shot, and he will be a head coach. No matter how poorly he does he's gonna be moving on up. (Sh!tty=golden child=head coach=gone next season).

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3875560]I really like Donovan McNabb but I believe , deep down, you can't win the big one with him.

Now, as an older player, you just can't win with him at all.[/QUOTE]

You are probably right about that but this team is no where near winning the big one and he should absolutely be the starter. There are a lot deeper problems than the qb position. Let him stay, draft a guy who you can work with over the next year or two while the rest of the team gets caught up and see if he will become a tutor.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3875659]Come on, I know fans on the board don't like Schottenheimer. But he is respected around league, and has been for years now. This isn't the case of a coach bringing his own son into coordinate for him.[/QUOTE]

Its not really worth it.

Hall Of Fame
    Redskins planning exit strategy with McNabb

> [url]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/12/19/redskins-planning-exit-strategy-with-mcnabb[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=el_dub80;3875654]Ah, what else is new for the Redskins? :yes:[/QUOTE]

They beat the Bears..:eek:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=kelly;3876285]Redskins planning exit strategy with McNabb

> [url]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/12/19/redskins-planning-exit-strategy-with-mcnabb[/url][/QUOTE]

And... enter Favre. *Nothing* would be more entertaining than a Bret, Shanahan and Snyder circus next season. I can only pray that this happens.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3875661]Respected for what?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=srobjets;3876040]You took the words right out of my mouth.

[B]His daddy dearest got him his sho[/B]t, and he will be a head coach. No matter how poorly he does he's gonna be moving on up. (Sh!tty=golden child=head coach=gone next season).[/QUOTE]

I understand the vitriol, but Drew Brees, for one, would disagree with this analogy. Shanahan hasn't developed anyone; so the thought rings hollow.

- I've always thought Haslett was a crap coach, head coach and coordinator.
    - Players, even seasoned vets need to shut their mouths about coaches and play their best for them. There has only been about 100 coaches in this league who did not 'earn' their spot as a head coach or coordinator.
    - The McNabb move was dumb from the beginning. I was amazed at people wailing on the Eagles for 'disrespecting' and dumping McNabb in the first place. Shanahan is smart to correct his (or the owners) mistake by getting rid of McNabb now.
    - Yeah Washington is a mess, no arguements. Snyder is a terrible owner. Heart is in the right place as far as wanting to win and spend to do it, but has never learned that shortcuts don't often work.

there's a rumor that the skins are tanking the season to get a high draft pick so Shanny can get the QB he really wants. they have enough wins with 5 and dont want more.

usually i don't believe these types of stories but with the Redskins ya never know.

The Redskins have two problems:

#1 -- A Bad, Poor Judgement, Meddling Owner. Sadly (for them), this one is terminal.

#2 -- A Fan Base who seems to think the Redskins are the Yankees, and by right of birth should be awesome every single year, and abandon the team in droves if they're not. It's quite laughable tbh.

Whats happening under Shanny is called "rebuilding", with a dose of "meddlesome owner wanted shiny-shiney QB".

The Skins are one of the oldest teams in the NFL, with the least talent and developmental guys, having had the fewest draft picks the past decade (almost all traded away for temporary shiny-FA's that sucked and left).

What Shanny is doing is 100% right for a first-year-rebuild. See what you have (in his case, not much), play out the year, THEN knock it all down and start the rebuild process knowing whats worth keeping, and what isn't.

Too bad Skins Fans (and their owner) don't have a clue, and the outrage will likely push Shanny out early, thus starting teh whole sad process yet again.

If I was a Skins Fan, I'd be heartbroken. Since I hate them, I enjoy this greatly, although it's getting to the "sad and pathetic, too much so to enjoy" phase soon.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3876344]I understand the vitriol, but Drew Brees, for one, would disagree with this analogy. Shanahan hasn't developed anyone; so the thought rings hollow.[/QUOTE]

The only reason Drew Brees may disagree is that the two of them are friends. But, guess who else are friends? Mark Sanchez and Schotty. How has that worked out? Let's be real. If anybody "developed" Drew Brees into a great player, it's Sean Payton. Drew Brees was already a good QB before he got to San Diego.

The biggest difference between Kyle Shanahan and Schotty is that we have no idea if any of the Skins problems can be attributed to Kyle (who is in his first year) since his dad is a control freak and always has an agenda. Schotty has performed poorly for five years for defensive-minded head coaches who want nothing to do with the offense (and have no agenda).
    Last edited by escamoter2; 12-22-2010 at 12:17 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3876364]The Redskins have two problems:

#1 -- A Bad, Poor Judgement, Meddling Owner. Sadly (for them), this one is terminal.

#2 -- A Fan Base who seems to think the Redskins are the Yankees, and by right of birth should be awesome every single year, and abandon the team in droves if they're not. It's quite laughable tbh.

Whats happening under Shanny is called "rebuilding", with a dose of "meddlesome owner wanted shiny-shiney QB".

The Skins are one of the oldest teams in the NFL, with the least talent and developmental guys, having had the fewest draft picks the past decade (almost all traded away for temporary shiny-FA's that sucked and left).

What Shanny is doing is 100% right for a first-year-rebuild. See what you have (in his case, not much), play out the year, THEN knock it all down and start the rebuild process knowing whats worth keeping, and what isn't.

Too bad Skins Fans (and their owner) don't have a clue, and the outrage will likely push Shanny out early, thus starting teh whole sad process yet again.

If I was a Skins Fan, I'd be heartbroken. Since I hate them, I enjoy this greatly, although it's getting to the "sad and pathetic, too much so to enjoy" phase soon.[/QUOTE]
    i agree to a point, but basically the offense is mcnabb with a truckload of crap around him. santana moss was never a #1. we all know that deep down. that's why there wasn't a lot of noise about the trade for coles. there's no seeing what you have on offense. rex grossman is a pile of s*** and everyone knows that. this is simply a case of shanahan being a dick and benching mcnabb to preserve a draft pick to get a qb. i'm not against drafting a young qb to groom, but i am against treating someone like crap to intentionally throw the season.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Warfish;3876364]The Redskins have two problems:

If I was a Skins Fan, I'd be heartbroken. Since I hate them, I enjoy this greatly, [B]although it's getting to the "sad and pathetic, too much so to enjoy" phase soon[/B].[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its hard to derive such pleasure out of such a sorry state of affairs. After a while, you start feeling pity no matter how much you hate a team.

As an Islander fan, I don't feel such venom from Ranger fans anymore. That, more than anything, is an indicator of how bad they are. We've become worse than a rival...we've become irrelevant.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3876394]The only reason Drew Brees may disagree is that the two of them are friends. But, guess who else are friends? Mark Sanchez and Schotty. How has that worked out? Let's be real. If anybody "developed" Drew Brees into a great player, it's Sean Payton. Drew Brees was already a good QB before he got to San Diego.

The biggest difference between Kyle Shanahan and Schotty is that we have no idea if any of the Skins problems can be attributed to Kyle (who is in his first year) since his dad is a control freak and always has an agenda. Schotty has performed poorly for five years for defensive-minded head coaches who want nothing to do with the offense (and have no agenda).[/QUOTE]

You're dancing around; Payton developed a team around what Brees can do; Brees says Brian helped him tremendously. Brees was thought of as a project out of Purdue; great production, but kind of small (cant see over those linemen). Doug Flutie was a cmparison tossed around. I was shocked to see his success in San Diego; Brian became a hot commodity because of both name and results.

I still think it is a poor analogy; I am not saying BS deserves any particular credit or he's teh awesome. But he is no Kyle Shanahan, as embattled as he is right now.

EDIT redundant