Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How about Braylon Edwards!!!

How about Braylon Edwards!!!

How good was he vs the Steelers? He is having a great season for the jets at WR.:):D

BE came up big in this game. We need to get him the ball as much as possible...

Still the team's best and most consistent WR this year...they need to get him the ball more.

somewhere along the way it became more important for Sanchez to go to Holmes. With that, BE did a disappearing act for a while. BE was our big play WR until Holmes got back from suspension.

However, the Steelers game was a role reversal. The defense was taking Holmes away from the passing game. Sanchez was going to BE because that is what the defense was giving him. What's even more impressive though is how well BE played. Zero drops in this game and a lot of tough catches to make.

I believe Sanchez must find a happy medium. He needs to learn how to utilize both WR's equally. I believe that will make the Jets a much better team. I just hope the Jets can manage to resign BE. I think he's a money receiver and one we just cannot afford to lose.

[QUOTE=Mainejet;3875559]somewhere along the way it became more important for Sanchez to go to Holmes. With that, BE did a disappearing act for a while. BE was our big play WR until Holmes got back from suspension.

However, the Steelers game was a role reversal. The defense was taking Holmes away from the passing game. Sanchez was going to BE because that is what the defense was giving him. What's even more impressive though is how well BE played. Zero drops in this game and a lot of tough catches to make.

I believe Sanchez must find a happy medium. He needs to learn how to utilize both WR's equally. I believe that will make the Jets a much better team. I just hope the Jets can manage to resign BE.[B] I think he's a money receiver [/B][B]and one we just cannot afford to lose[/B].[/QUOTE]

Agree

braylon has been great this season (other than the dwi). he's significantly cut down the drops and made some big plays for us. in fact, santonio has way more bone-head drops than braylon does.

Just watched the game again.....some real nice catches and toughness shown by Braylon! He needs to be heavily involved in every game plan from here on out.

GO JETS!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

He's a beast. Every time that we were faced with a crucial situation I found myself saying (and posting in the game thread) that we needed to throw it to Braylon. I hope we don't have to choose between him and Santonio this offseason.

[QUOTE=Mainejet;3875559]somewhere along the way it became more important for Sanchez to go to Holmes. With that, BE did a disappearing act for a while. BE was our big play WR until Holmes got back from suspension.

I believe Sanchez must find a happy medium. He needs to learn how to utilize both WR's equally. I believe that will make the Jets a much better team. I just hope the Jets can manage to resign BE. [B]I think he's a money receiver and one we just cannot afford to lose.[/B][/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3875649]He's a beast. Every time that we were faced with a crucial situation I found myself saying (and posting in the game thread) that we needed to throw it to Braylon. I hope we don't have to choose between him and Santonio this offseason.[/QUOTE]

Really, they really seem to compliment each other, plus no issues with who wants the ball.

Really somewhat low key for a guy who has come up so big for the Jets.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3875649]He's a beast. Every time that we were faced with a crucial situation I found myself saying (and posting in the game thread) that we needed to throw it to Braylon. I hope we don't have to choose between him and Santonio this offseason.[/QUOTE]

Toon/Walker and Keyshawn/Chrebet (for just one season) were arguably the only better WR combos that the Jets have had in the last 30 years. If the Jets can find a way to keep both guys and Sanchez continues to improve, we've only scratched the surface with the passing game.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Mainejet;3875559]I believe Sanchez must find a happy medium. He needs to learn how to utilize both WR's equally. I believe that will make the Jets a much better team. I just hope the Jets can manage to resign BE. I think he's a money receiver and one we just cannot afford to lose.[/QUOTE]

Teams pick their poison. There might be games where one is doubled more than the other. Sanchez needs to go to whichever WR is open.

Santonio went through a stretch were he set up or got the winning score in 3 straight games.

Teams adjusted their coverages over to Holmes.

Happens. It's why we need both WRs.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=GreenWave;3875667]Toon/Walker and Keyshawn/Chrebet (for just one season) were arguably the only better WR combos that the Jets have had in the last 30 years. If the Jets can find a way to keep both guys and Sanchez continues to improve, we've only scratched the surface with the passing game.[/QUOTE]

Keyshawn/Chrebet and no mention of Maynard/Sauer????:eek:

The Braylon was HUGE!!

and he absorbed some HUGE HITS too.

Harrison should have been flagged on his hit though.
    He clearly hits him helmet to helmet.

BE held on to the ball both times he was crushed.

Braylon and the Offensive line get high praise.

OLine Sacks Allowed: ONE
    Woodley and Harrison Sack Totals: ZERO

Thats saying something right there. Big challenge this week too.
    The Peppered one who should have been a NY JET....dammit.

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;3875673]Keyshawn/Chrebet and no mention of Maynard/Sauer????:eek:[/QUOTE]

I said over the last 30 years in my post. Wouldn't forget those old guys...especially had I been fortunate enough to see them play.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=GreenWave;3875719]I said over the last 30 years in my post. Wouldn't forget those old guys...especially had I been fortunate enough to see them play.[/QUOTE]

Don't ever cut out those guys. If you're going to go back 30, why not another 10 and get to the best of them all? :D

[QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3875571]Agree[/QUOTE]

Can some of our cap/salary gurus know whether we can sign both Edwards and Holmes? Would Cotchery have to be cut?

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3875649]He's a beast. Every time that we were faced with a crucial situation I found myself saying (and posting in the game thread) that we needed to throw it to Braylon. [B]I hope we don't have to choose between him and Santonio this offseason[/B].[/QUOTE]

we wont. both will be back.

Jets Insider VIP
    [IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Jets/EdwardsCatchsteelers12-19-10.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    I'm starting to love the guy. He is sort of an individualist type, attention seeker but he was all business this time, playing a very business like game. That long throw catch he made where he had to grab the ball behind his head was awesome, and that next one where he took that sick hit, I can't believe he didn't sustain some internal injuries.

ETA - that's a great picture above.