Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily News callin out Fatcessa

Hall Of Fame

All Right...Which of You Guys Ghost Wrote This Column For Raissman ??

Whoever it was....Great Job !! :yes:

[QUOTE][B][SIZE="2"]Mike Francesa Lets Giants Off the Hook for Sunday Meltdown Against Eagles on Ch. 4's 'Pope'd Up'[/SIZE][/B]

Wonder what Mike (Sports Pope) Francesa would've said if the Jets gagged on a lead the way the Giants did Sunday in PSL Stadium?

That hook His Holiness let the Giants off of Sunday night, during his audience with the unwashed masses on Ch. 4's "Pope'd Up," grew bigger by the second.

The fire and brimstone Francesa reserves for Rex Ryan, the kind of stuff he torches the Fat Man with on a daily basis, was nowhere to be found. It must have been locked in a Big Blue safe under the pulpit.

The pontiff called the Giants' 38-31 choke job at the hands of Philly, and the feet of Michael Vick, "stunning," and "almost impossible to fathom." Francesa said, "You cannot have the mistakes." He called it "an anatomy of a disaster," but never jumped to the dark side, never afforded Tom Coughlin Rex-like treatment.

On Sunday night the Pope didn't take off the holy gloves.

If this were a Jets opponent coming back on a Gang Green team up three touchdowns with eight minutes to play, Francesa would've come out swinging. Loud and ranting, he would have pinned the disaster on the "loose" operation Ryan runs, or Rex's big mouth, or "Hard Knocks," or cheeseburgers, or "needless" Santonio Holmes celebrations, or Sal Alosi and his chorus line (by the way, the Giants could've used Alosi when DeSean Jackson was running to daylight)."

Yeah, you can just hear Francesa saying: "They haven't won anything and they continue to talk. After choking on a three-touchdown lead, what's Rex got to say now?"

In the Pope's world, no 2010 Giants do any trash talking or boasting. Perhaps one of Francesa's lackeys should've told him about David Diehl's appearance on Ch. 9's postgame show. Even after the embarrassment Diehl, showing he has chutzpah and a lot of Ryan in him, said: "We have a goal in mind and that's winning a Super Bowl."

No, on Sunday night, Francesa didn't go as far as he's capable of going on any of the Giants players or coaches. Why not single out the four Giants who whiffed on Jackson, or the players who, like robots, peeled back aiding and abetting the Eagles successful onside kick.

As for the coaches, if discipline or fear were part of the equation, Matt Dodge would not have dared kick a low liner to Jackson. That Dodge vapor-locked is not just on him, it's on the coaches, too. If the staff can't get through to Dodge at this point in the season, why is he still on the roster?

There were plenty of Giants targets. Francesa shot blanks.

The Pope has never been shy about shining a light on Ryan and his assistants, who he once referred to as "renegades." On Sunday night, when it came to the Giants, Francesa never used the word "choke" or "gag," or another set of adjectives he directed toward the Jets when they went to New England and were crushed by the Pats.

About as far as His Holiness went was to hold Coughlin "culpable" for the loss. Not exactly a big stick moment. If anything, Francesa turned part of the proceedings into a Pity Party for the Giants coach.

"Remember, Tom Coughlin only has one year left on his contract," Francesa said. "So now people are going to snipe at him again. Talk about Bill Cowher (replacing Coughlin) has already started."

Of course, if Ryan were on the wrong end of an epic collapse, Francesa would be doing more than just sniping, he would be talking about Woody Johnson backing up the truck, putting Ryan in it, and driving him off to San Jacinto Junior College.

The Jets? This just in: They won a game in Pittsburgh Sunday, a victory that surprised many "experts." As he stepped out on his balcony, Francesa spoke of the Jets victory but said he must "lead" with the Giants' debacle (he was right). He also acknowledged Jets fans would be upset with him for relegating them to second-story status.

When Francesa finally got around to the Jets, he said: "From soup to nuts they (the Jets) deserve a lot of credit." Still, this would not be some love fest. A clip of Ryan's postgame press conference aired.

"... Same old Jets," Ryan said, "came down to Pittsburgh, got a win."

Francesa couldn't bring himself to leave the line alone and let Ryan bask in the glow of a defiant moment.

"There's always got to be a snide one (remark from Ryan), you know that going in," Francesa said.

The pontiff blessed a coach and two Jets for their performance: Brian Schottenheimer, Braylon Edwards and Mark Sanchez. His praise of the quarterback was faint, to say the least.

"He wasn't exceptional," Francesa said, "but he was good enough to win."

How charitable of the All-Knowing One.

He credited the Jets with a "big win."

Then the Pope went back to pulling Big Blue from the ashes, saying the Packers' loss to New England was "a big break" for the Giants.

Amen?

[email]braissman@nydailynews.com[/email]
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2010/12/21/2010-12-21_mike_francesa_lets_giants_off_the_hook_for_sunday_meltdown_against_eagles_on_ch_.html[/url]

lol, that article was great.

All Pro
    I've been waiting for a full-length summary of Mike's thoughts from 32green, but this will do for now.

Nobody does the Fatcessa speak quite like 32.

read that on the train this morning...

it was epic

All League
    I heard him one morning this weekend and he openly admitted to not giving the Jets any "slack" because of them pulling their players off the station. Said he would give others the benefit of the doubt, but not the Jets.

So basically he would bash them on any little thing he could...and he's a "journalist'?

All League
    I was going to post this article, it was right on target. I tell you one thing
    WFAN & Fatcessa are peeing in their pants if the Midgets complete their
    collapse and miss the playoffs again!!! Because they'll be in the same
    situation as last year, the Jets in the playoffs and their shows having
    no access

Great article. :yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=KRL;3874916]I was going to post this article, it was right on target. I tell you one thing
    WFAN & Fatcessa are peeing in their pants if the Midgets complete their
    collapse and miss the playoffs again!!! Because they'll be in the same
    situation as last year, the Jets in the playoffs and their shows having
    no access[/QUOTE]

I am going to post it on the WFAN facve book page!!

Loved it. Fatty is a douche. Now write one about BT and his schtick he's been doing lately.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southside;3874951]Loved it. Fatty is a douche. Now write one about BT and his schtick he's been doing lately.[/QUOTE]

I hate BT almost as much as I hate Mike. Pompous know-nothing who thinks his opinions are granite fact, and all his ideas are revolutionary and his first (even when blatantly obvious).

With that said though, this is due to years of listening to him. I don't get to hear him much any more so I don't know what his current schtick is. Please enlighten me.
    Last edited by JMJ; 12-21-2010 at 02:00 PM.

[QUOTE=southside;3874951]Loved it. Fatty is a douche. Now write one about BT and his schtick he's been doing lately.[/QUOTE]

BT tried to bait to Rex yesterday on the michael kay show, and Rex completly out classed him.

This article hits the nail right on the head. Francesa always has been,and always will be, a namedroping,self serving egomaniac.He treats himself as bigger than any game he discusses, and I truly feel sad for the people who continue to listen to his crap.But,as Forrest Gump's mom always said "stupid is what stupid does." RIP Mike.

[QUOTE=Rich Caster;3874987]BT tried to bait to Rex yesterday on the michael kay show, and Rex completly out classed him.[/QUOTE]

Whenever I hear BT,the thought" I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man" comes to mind. His latest salvo that Cliff Lee going to the Phillies was a bigger blow to the Mets than it was to the Yankees sealed the deal for me.

[QUOTE=section314;3875009]His latest salvo that Cliff Lee going to the Phillies was a bigger blow to the Mets than it was to the Yankees sealed the deal for me.[/QUOTE]

He's absolutely right...

SAR will not be happy his idol is being abused

Terrific and accurate article.

Send a Thank you to Bob.

[COLOR=#015fb6]braissman@nydailynews.com[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=JMJ;3874972]I hate BT almost as much as I hate Mike. Pompous know-nothing who thinks his opinions are granite fact, and all his ideas are revolutionary and his first (even when blatantly obvious).

With that said though, this is due to years of listening to him. I don't get to hear him much any more so I don't know what his current schtick is. Please enlighten me.[/QUOTE]

He's got this anti Jets attitude lately. Blessing the Giants whenever he can but the Jets are in trouble. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=section314;3875009]Whenever I hear BT,the thought" I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man" comes to mind. [B]His latest salvo that Cliff Lee going to the Phillies was a bigger blow to the Mets than it was to the Yankees sealed the deal for me[/B].[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3875029]He's absolutely right...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, BT is 100% right about that.

Any Met fan you thinks otherwise is a fool.

Jets Insider VIP
    You kidding me? Lee going to the Phillies is a BLESSING for the Mets!

I'm dying for the Mets to go the "Knicks route." Suck (intentionally rather than unintentionally) for a year or two, sell some aging and/or under performing veterans to rebuild their farm system, and then come back in 2013 or so and start really trying to compete. The Mets would be FOOLISH to spend a dime this offseason as no matter who they get, even if it is Matt Garza (best available starting pitcher), they are 1. Still going to suck, and 2. Fans still aren't going to buy tickets and come out to the ballpark.

So with that being said, prior to Lee signing with the Phillies, I was afraid the Mets might not go this route and actually try and compete this year when it would be foolish for them to do so. Now that Lee virtually assures the Phillies the NL East, hopefully the Mets are more willing to rebuild.

Sell Beltran, maybe sell Reyes, let Ollie and Castillo's contracts expire, see if K-Rod can get healthy at all and sell him, etc.

If your name is not David Wright, Ike Davis, Angel Pagan, or Jason Bay ... you should be available on the open market. Period.