Thread: Senate Removes Reparations From Defense Authorization Measure

All Pro

Senate Removes Reparations From Defense Authorization Measure

My guess is that Haley the Barbour-ian types rule in the Senate also. There will never be reparations

http://www.pacificnewscenter.com/ind...ews&Itemid=156

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

don't worry- obozo will try and work reparations in through executive fiat right before 2012 to pimp the vote- but it'll backfire like everything else.......wonder if it will include reparations for the victims of affirmative action....

btw- why is guam seeking "war" reparations from the United States and not Japan?? shouldn't the US seek reparations from guam for disposing of the japan in their region 65 years ago???

any senator who tried to sneak this in the bill should be recalled immediately- thank you Haley Barbour and co....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 12-22-2010 at 09:23 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    There will never be reparations
    Nor should there be.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Nor should there be.
    What exactly is generations of welfare, food stamps and public housing if not reparations???

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    What exactly is generations of welfare, food stamps and public housing if not reparations???
    The Census Bureau's most recent annual poverty report found that urban black mothers constitute less than one out of six of all poor households. Rural white families account for more--one out of five. White surburban families accountfor even more--one out of four.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    btw- why is guam seeking "war" reparations from the United States and not Japan?? shouldn't the US seek reparations from guam for disposing of the japan in their region 65 years ago???
    That was by immediate question as well.

The scaled back version of the war reparations bill only includes compensation to living survivors of World War II on Guam. However, the remaining survivors say it's not about the money, but the United States acknowledging they suffered during the Japanese occupation.
    Bullsh!t...its always about the money....

Otherwise talk to Japan if you are looking for "acknowledgement".
    Last edited by Phoenixx; 12-22-2010 at 11:41 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    They (who support it) would call it a quest for Social Justice.

I would call it a wasteful Albatross around the collective necks of the down, poor and needy. A self-replicating circle of povery, entilement, and failure.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    That was by immediate question as well.

Bullsh!t...its always about the money....

Otherwise talk to Japan if you are looking for "acknowledgement".
    that's the hysterical thing about the left- we should pay reparations to guam because they suffered under jap occupation....the fact we freed guam from imperial japan means little...

just like they expect the nation to apologize to japan for dropping the A-bombs....

Hall Of Fame
    Reparations are for p*ssies:

http://currencynewshound.wordpress.c...end-sanctions/

Iraq has quietly agreed to pay $400 million in claims to American citizens who say they were tortured or traumatized by Saddam Hussein’s regime after his 1990 invasion of Kuwait.

The controversial settlement ends years of legal battles and could help Iraq emerge from United Nations sanctions put in place two decades ago – a step Iraqi leaders see as a prerequisite to becoming fully sovereign.

The Iraqi foreign ministry said the $400 million settlement, signed last week with James Jeffrey, the new US ambassador to Iraq, resolves legal claims inherited from the former regime and was in line with negotiations to end the sanctions.

Settling the claims, which were brought by American citizens, has been seen as a key requirement for Washington to be willing to push for an end to the UN sanctions.

Wah. Wah. Wah. I was kidnapped by mean old Saddam....
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 12-22-2010 at 12:40 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Wah. Wah. Wah. I was kidnapped by mean old Saddam....
    Sometimes my frined, you're just not funny.

Comparing a living breathing guy tortured by Saddam, with the 6th generation decendant of a slave (maybe, no documentation required), living a life his equivalent in Africa can only dream of, quality wise?

Apples and Toyotas if you ask me.

Tell me, when will the Egyptians pay reparations for all the slave labor that built the pyrimids? Thats what I want to know.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sometimes my frined, you're just not funny.

Comparing a living breathing guy tortured by Saddam, with the 6th generation decendant of a slave (maybe, no documentation required), living a life his equivalent in Africa can only dream of, quality wise?

Apples and Toyotas if you ask me.

Tell me, when will the Egyptians pay reparations for all the slave labor that built the pyrimids? Thats what I want to know.
    Ummm...this bill wasn't about slaves.

At least, that's not what I gathered from reading it...but my reading skillz are pretty bad. So there's that...

Guam has been a US territory since 1898. It fell to the Japanese. The US waived all claims of reparations against the Japanese in 1951. Living, breathing people were tortured, raped and killed at the hands of the people we decided to waive claims against. This is actually quite similar to Iraq...

All Pro
    If Obama cannot get reparations, it is a very long way off.

All League
    Didn't Reid, , Durban and the rest of the demo just tell us, "you can't punish the children of today for the sins of their parents" Why should Me or my children be responsible for something my family had nothing to do with it, and shouldn't those who lost their lives to free the slaves be compensated by the family's of the former slaves?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by acepepe View Post
    Didn't Reid, , Durban and the rest of the demo just tell us, "you can't punish the children of today for the sins of their parents" Why should Me or my children be responsible for something my family had nothing to do with it, and shouldn't those who lost their lives to free the slaves be compensated by the family's of the former slaves?
    Read the article. This has nothing to do with slaves, silly...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Read the article. This has nothing to do with slaves, silly...
    My mistake, I read the Haley Barbour comment and just ass-u-me-d