Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Allen Bailey interview with Wright on NFLDC

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Allen Bailey interview with Wright on NFLDC

http://www.draftcountdown.com/interv...len-Bailey.php

Few notes:

Lists himself as 6'3 and a half...276...4.65 40. Those are not the measurements of a 5 tech.

A town with less than 100 people. That would be very interesting to grow up. I'm all about downsizing the population, but I worry I'd be included in the downsizing process.

Said he prefers end...The end he's played in college is of the 4-3 variety. That said, he doesn't care about scheme.

He doesn't seem to know alot...Doesn't know who the best player he faced was...doesn't know who he's looking forward to playing against...doesn't have a particular player he looks up to or enjoys watching...Liked Michael Jordan but was a Ravens fan (wtf)...doesn't have a particular favorite scheme (politicking)...prefers the end position but will do w/e he's asked...

I hope he goes to the Senior Bowl. He got the invite and he's one of the guys in this draft who's future is too cloudy to not do it. It'd really help the fans and possibly scouts figure out where he fits.

He thinks the Fray and Kings of Leon are two musical acts people would find weird to find out he likes. Kings of Leon is a solid band man.

Take it for what it is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/interv...len-Bailey.php

Few notes:

Lists himself as 6'3 and a half...276...4.65 40. Those are not the measurements of a 5 tech.

A town with less than 100 people. That would be very interesting to grow up. I'm all about downsizing the population, but I worry I'd be included in the downsizing process.

Said he prefers end...The end he's played in college is of the 4-3 variety. That said, he doesn't care about scheme.

He doesn't seem to know alot...Doesn't know who the best player he faced was...doesn't know who he's looking forward to playing against...doesn't have a particular player he looks up to or enjoys watching...Liked Michael Jordan but was a Ravens fan (wtf)...doesn't have a particular favorite scheme (politicking)...prefers the end position but will do w/e he's asked...

I hope he goes to the Senior Bowl. He got the invite and he's one of the guys in this draft who's future is too cloudy to not do it. It'd really help the fans and possibly scouts figure out where he fits.

He thinks the Fray and Kings of Leon are two musical acts people would find weird to find out he likes. Kings of Leon is a solid band man.

Take it for what it is.
    Isn't Ellis 280? Or am I mistaken? I'd like to see him play at the bowl against some nice comp.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    allan bailey is very gholston like. He's got amazing measurables but raw as a football player. I dont think the Jets are in the allan bailey business. but there are alot of other DL they will like (Fairley, bowers, dareus, quinn, jordan, Heyward, jj watt, aldon smith from missouri, etc). a ton of guys... with ellis leaving... this is the year they are going first round DL - book it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Isn't Ellis 280? Or am I mistaken? I'd like to see him play at the bowl against some nice comp.
    Ellis came out of college at 6'5" 280...I'd say he's about 285-295 now.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2000&genpos=DE

Reading those measurements I can't shake off the Gholston comparison I've been making...Like Gholston those are potential 3-4 OLB measurables except there's very little hope for Bailey as a 3-4 OLB (at least early career)...Bailey is somewhat lucky that no one actually sees him as a 3-4 OLB prospect...that said those measurables don't strike me as someone who can just right onto a 3-4 DL and be a big contributor right away...I say let a 4-3 team draft him.

Bit, Aldon Smith would play OLB in this system...I like him...he really moves well for a guy who should come in around 6'4 252 or so....you forgot Kerrigan, who has some Calvin Pace in him.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 12-22-2010 at 12:22 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Ellis came out of college at 6'5" 280...I'd say he's about 285-295 now.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2000&genpos=DE

Reading those measurements I can't shake off the Gholston comparison I've been making...Like Gholston those are potential 3-4 OLB measurables except there's very little hope for Bailey as a 3-4 OLB (at least early career)...Bailey is somewhat lucky that no one actually sees him as a 3-4 OLB prospect...that said those measurables don't strike me as someone who can just right onto a 3-4 DL and be a big contributor right away...I say let a 4-3 team draft him.

Bit, Aldon Smith would play OLB in this system...I like him...he really moves well for a guy who should come in around 6'4 252 or so....you forgot Kerrigan, who has some Calvin Pace in him.
    I don't know if you got a chance to read my response in the other thread but Heyward AND Bailey are down my list of possible DL to pick. I am hoping for Jordan or Watt I like them much more that the latter two.