Thread: brad smith replacements

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

brad smith replacements

let's assume that the Jets are interested in signing Holmes/Edwards and letting Brad Smith go... 2 guys who i think could possibly be the "next Brad Smith"

Tyrod Taylor, Virginia Tech

Colin Kaepernick, Nevada

it's possible that some team will draft Colin as a "real" QB cause of his height but more likely both of these guys have exceptional running ability, wide receiver speed and versatility.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always liked Tyrod Taylor...really good kid and a top athlete...that said my favorite Smith replacement in this draft would be Matt Szczur...Szczur actually has the potential to turn into a useful WR too because he's not a college QB but a college WR/playmaker.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cam Newton

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    that said my favorite Smith replacement in this draft would be Matt Szczur...
    another good one cause he can return punts... altho brad smith is a great player i think the more we get into the draft prospects the more replaceable he will seem. (easier than drafting a julio jones or aj green type to replace holmes/edwards)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    another good one cause he can return punts... altho brad smith is a great player i think the more we get into the draft prospects the more replaceable he will seem. (easier than drafting a julio jones or aj green type to replace holmes/edwards)
    Finally we agree on something bit I was so pissed when it even became a debate of whether we should keep Brad Smith over either of our current real receivers sigh teh failstrip can be so dumb sometimes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brad Smith WILL NOT be hard to replace. He's a good player, and I really like him, but the Jets ST coaches have made great returners out of a lot of players.

Tyrod Taylor would be a really nice pickup in the 5th or 6th round IMO.

Josh Nesbit is another guy who I've always liked watching.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 12-22-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Brad Smith WILL NOT be hard to replace. He's a good player, and I really like him, but the Jets ST coaches have made great returners out of a lot of players.

Tyrod Taylor would be a really nice pickup in the 5th or 6th round IMO.

Josh Nesbit is another guy who I've always liked watching.
    IMO, the ST's stuff wont be the hardest to replace, but the combo of ST's and Seminole packages in one player will be (Of course some on this board will be happy not to have any Seminole packages). I also think his level of performance will be hard to replace. He took a long time to develop and if the Jets take another athletic college QB, I cant imagine the learning curve or trust to run plays will be much different. However, if it is a Szczur type, the transition may be much quicker.

If this sounds discombobulated sorry...using one arm and Im on pain meds from shoulder surgery.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Always liked Tyrod Taylor...really good kid and a top athlete...that said my favorite Smith replacement in this draft would be Matt Szczur...Szczur actually has the potential to turn into a useful WR too because he's not a college QB but a college WR/playmaker.
    Szczur is overrated imo and will end up leaving football for baseball because of injuries....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does he need to be a QB?

I really like Jock Saunders in the later rounds as a WR/RB/KR-type.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    another good candidate... not much in the height dept but another sleeper who can help in a variety of ways

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Does he need to be a QB?

love the kid- tougher and more durable than his higher rated teammate....

i like Delone Carter of Syracuse but like Saunders you're now getting into 3rd down back/leon washington type of replacments versus brad smith type of replacement and smith will not be easy to replace because he does so many things and can break games open so many ways....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mohamed Sanu from Rutgers is a home state option. Not sure if he's coming out but I know he can if he wants to.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mohamed Sanu from Rutgers is a home state option. Not sure if he's coming out but I know he can if he wants to.
    i believe sanu is a true sophomore....could be wrong on that....