Thread: Quizz Rodgers

All Pro

Quizz Rodgers

Is he coming out? If so, what round will he be selected?

I've always liked his game -- the guy is a sparkplug -- he'd be a great fit here behind Greene. Getting him in the 3rd would be tremendous.

My guess is 3rd or 4th...I also think he'd end up beating out Greene...he's insanely tougher and more battle tested.

I'm not a Shonn Greene fan anymore.

he's kind of up in the air right now about declaring. Because his brother got another year of eligibility he might want to stay. Really nice player.

in general I dont know how many picks the Jets can keep using at RB. Greene in the 3rd, mcK in the 4th... meanwhile the Pats have 2 UDFA doing just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    he's kind of up in the air right now about declaring. Because his brother got another year of eligibility he might want to stay. Really nice player.

in general I dont know how many picks the Jets can keep using at RB. Greene in the 3rd, mcK in the 4th... meanwhile the Pats have 2 UDFA doing just fine.
    Not to mention the Redskins scooped up a talent like Keiland Williams at UDFA...I think if they wanted a top RB they'd go balls out and grab a good one in FA....instead it looks like they'll just try to build up a stable of young legs and see who gets weeded out.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    My guess is 3rd or 4th...I also think he'd end up beating out Greene...he's insanely tougher and more battle tested.

I'm not a Shonn Greene fan anymore.
    I'm starting to sour on Greene a little also. Maybe some of his problems stem the the average play of our OL though.

I see a lot of Barry Sanders in Quizz. He's obviously smaller, but his quickness, cutting, and vision is remarkable. He's also pretty powerful for a little dude. Baller.

All Pro
    Even if he comes out this year, he will have carried the ball about 800 times his college career. That's quite some workload for a small guy like him. Very nice runner, no question...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Not to mention the Redskins scooped up a talent like Keiland Williams at UDFA...I think if they wanted a top RB they'd go balls out and grab a good one in FA....instead it looks like they'll just try to build up a stable of young legs and see who gets weeded out.
    I really like this approach for RBs, especially for a team that relies on the run so heavily. I think it would be stupid to count on UDFAs. Of course it would be better to have 8 or 9 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I really like this approach for RBs, especially for a team that relies on the run so heavily. I think it would be stupid to count on UDFAs. Of course it would be better to have 8 or 9 picks.

I dont like it when it comes to the 3-4 back on the depth chart. Those dont need to drafted, just find someone to plug and play. McK was obviously an exception to that since hes the long term answer for Washington/LT, but I wouldnt be happy if the Jets drafted another one this year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    I dont like it when it comes to the 3-4 back on the depth chart. Those dont need to drafted, just find someone to plug and play. McK was obviously an exception to that since hes the long term answer for Washington/LT, but I wouldnt be happy if the Jets drafted another one this year.
    If the Jets only have 4 picks, I agree, another RB probably isn't the best use of those picks. But I see Rodgers as more than a #3 or #4 RB.

If by some miracle they trade down and pick up an extra 3rd rounder as well as a couple late picks, I'd love for them to take this guy. If he were 5'10 210, he's a 1st rounder. 5'7" 190 is small, but I see no problem in giving him 10-12 carries plus 3 or 4 catches a game in a timeshare with Greene.

LT is likely out, and he's been the main man. 200 rushes so far and 50 catches. That production will not all be absorbed by Greene. They have to bring someone else in.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I'm really getting tired of people talking about average Patriot players as if they were anything special. They have one thing we don't have: Tom Brady. That is your difference; not the average running backs or wide receivers they throw out there. Brady fills up a lot of holes himself, so until we get a great QB, we are going to need to fill up the other positions with real talent.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm no expert, but I was cleaning out my garage during the Oregon-Oregon State game and I was listening to it on ESPN radio.

The announcers were so enratptured with the name "Quizz" that they seemed to mention it every 30-45 seconds. Even when Oregon State was on defense, they'd say "Quizz is on the sidelines waiting for his chance". "Looks like Quizz is looking forward to the kickoff." "Quizz is ordering a hotdog from a vendor."

Kinda wierd.

All Pro
    officially declared...

Get this dude in the 3rd/4th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEruSY8nkPc
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 01-11-2011 at 11:20 AM.