Thread: Austin Collie done for season

Austin Collie done for season

Thus Colts are done. No Sanders No Collie No chance

All League
    Dude was like Chrebet this season. Great when on the field, but a concussion magnet.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetBidi;3876739]Dude was like Chrebet this season. Great when on the field, but a concussion magnet.[/QUOTE]

they probably let him back on the field too soon. Damage from concussions is cumulative; if you're not fully healed from the first you're that much more likely to sustain another one, with a far lesser impact.

I feel bad for him because he's a great talent, but not sorry the Colts have fewere weapons.

All League
    Terrible judgment used by the Colts' staff. This guy has had way more concussions than he should have had. His brain is most likely permanently damaged to a degree. Sad.

I feel bad for the kid. It'll probably linger in future season as well.

Some guys... ONce they get that first concussion, they are just so much more prone to getting additional ones.

Who knows though. Polamalu had serious issues with concussions and they somehow stopped.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3876764]Some guys... ONce they get that first concussion, they are just so much more prone to getting additional ones.

Who knows though. Polamalu had serious issues with concussions and they somehow stopped.[/QUOTE]

Or aren't reported. I wouldn't be surprised if guys hide their symptoms now on account of the stringent reporting rules.

the problem is not the concussions.

it's not waiting long enough between concussions to heal... and getting multiples.

Aaron Rodgers has had a couple this year as well.

i've said it before in another thread boxing requires those who were knocked out in the ring something like 90 or 120 days off before fighting again

the NFL has guys knocked out on the field, in the game the next week.

The league won't like it but they need to have a similar policy as boxing.

Colts still have garcon who killed the jets last year, Wayne and White, although White is nowhere near as good as Collie at this point he did make some catches.

Agreed about concussions. The one I was aghast at was Aaron Rogers, it was 100% obvious he was in never never land and his own team mates didn't make him take a knee or go out or call for the trainer. It was ridiculous that he wasn't pulled immediately in the last game he got crocked.

The Colts were done before this Collie was out for the season. They may make the playoffs but they're not going to beat the Pats, Steelers or probably even the Ravens. Even the Jets would probably have a decent shot at beating them even on the road.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3876794]Colts still have garcon who killed the jets last year, Wayne and White, although White is nowhere near as good as Collie at this point he did make some catches.

Agreed about concussions. The one I was aghast at was Aaron Rogers, it was 100% obvious he was in never never land and his own team mates didn't make him take a knee or go out or call for the trainer. It was ridiculous that he wasn't pulled immediately in the last game he got crocked.[/QUOTE]

Our secondary is still significantly better than it was last season - even after the Leonhard injury. Put Cro on the french waiter or even better put Cro on Wayne and Revis on Garcon.

All League
    Hope he doesn't have any long lasting effects from this.

I hate the way the league polices stuff, but this is one area where they should and require anyone who suffers a concussion to sit out 3 - 4 weeks.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3876792]i've said it before in another thread boxing requires those who were knocked out in the ring something like 90 or 120 days off before fighting again

the NFL has guys knocked out on the field, in the game the next week.

The league won't like it but they need to have a similar policy as boxing.[/QUOTE]

If this policy was implemented in the NFL, it would essentially mean concussion = out for season.

It would ruin the sport IMO.

[QUOTE=parafly;3876902]If this policy was implemented in the NFL, it would essentially mean concussion = out for season.

It would ruin the sport IMO.[/QUOTE]

I love football...

There's tons of guys that love to play football and have a decent skill level...

I'd rather see a few less superstars than permanently damaged fathers/sons/brothers/husbands...

[QUOTE=parafly;3876902]If this policy was implemented in the NFL, it would essentially mean concussion = out for season.

It would ruin the sport IMO.[/QUOTE]

Correct...

May as well get rid of the pads and throw some flags on then.

Some people are simply prone to getting concussions. They eventually become phased out by the NFL. Just the way it is... People need to accept that instead of trying to constantly fix it with rule changes.

Hard hitting safeties have already been rendered useless by the NFL. Even if they hit clean, they still get flags for it regardless. It's not even worth having one out there anymore.

The safety of today is a good coverage guy, with solid form tackling.

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3876905]I love football...

There's tons of guys that love to play football and have a decent skill level...

I'd rather see a few less superstars than permanently damaged fathers/sons/brothers/husbands...[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, they know what they are signing up for.

Same as the guy in Alaska fishing for crab. Unfortunately there is an inherent risk to your job.

They get paid top dollar and are extremely aware of the risks.