Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pats D.Connolly AFC Special Teams Player of Week.

Pats D.Connolly AFC Special Teams Player of Week.

Really?
    :zzz:

[IMG]http://bukk.it/carlton.gif[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Mike D;3877026]Really?
    :zzz:[/QUOTE]

An Offensive lineman returns an NFL record kickoff 71 yards to set up the winning td?

Who would you choose?:zzz:

Brad Smith > Dan Connolly

[QUOTE=AFCEastFan;3877038][IMG]http://bukk.it/carlton.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

+1

All League
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3877026]Really?
    :zzz:[/QUOTE]

Yes really. :yes:

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;3877064]Yes really. :yes:[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I can only speak of the Jets game, but there's the guy who returned the opening kick for the touchdown and a guy who got 3 punts down inside the 10.
    There are the guys on Jacksonville and Indy who both returned kicks for TDs.

All League
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3877081]I dunno, I can only speak of the Jets game, but there's the guy who returned the opening kick for the touchdown and a guy who got 3 punts down inside the 10.
    There are the guys on Jacksonville and Indy who both returned kicks for TDs.[/QUOTE]

True but they weren't fat. Everyone loves fat guys...see Rex.

Sometimes life is not fair. Oh wait this is JI, so I' correct that.

All the time life is not fair.:D

Look below, have you ever seen a player with such speed, evasive moves, and a great stiff arm. Not to mention that he revolutionize the way to carry a ball.
    Last edited by #1Patriot; 12-22-2010 at 07:08 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=#1Patriot;3877102]Sometimes life is not fair. Oh wait this is JI, so I' correct that.

All the time life is not fair.:D

Look below, have you ever seen a player with such speed, evasive moves, and a great stiff arm. Not to mention that he revolutionize the way to carry a ball.[/QUOTE]

and excellent teammates willing to throw block in the back after block in the back to help out the fat man?

anyways, who gives a F about being a player of the week. Connoly probably doesn't even know he was the AFC Special Teams player of the week. I think Brad Smith was happy enough to get a TD and doesn't need some meaningless award to tell him he returned a punt for a TD.

[QUOTE=rep;3877189]and excellent teammates willing to throw block in the back after block in the back to help out the fat man?

anyways, who gives a F about being a player of the week. Connoly probably doesn't even know he was the AFC Special Teams player of the week. I think Brad Smith was happy enough to get a TD and doesn't need some meaningless award to tell him he returned a punt for a TD.[/QUOTE]

Here is the explanation for "the block in the back" The Peckers player was out of bounds when Morris touched his back. It can't be a block in the back if the player is not on the field of play. So it was no penalty.

All League
    [QUOTE=#1Patriot;3877231]Here is the explanation for "the block in the back" The Peckers player was out of bounds when Morris touched his back. It can't be a block in the back if the player is not on the field of play. So it was no penalty.[/QUOTE]

Well that is worse. That is a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for impeding a player from coming back in bounds after going out of bounds. I believe that also results in a choice of a re-kick or 15 yards from the end of the run. I wonder what Green Bay would have chosen... :rolleyes:

Dat shyt was funny to watch...does it really matter who gets ST player of the week???

[QUOTE=#1Patriot;3877231]Here is the explanation for "the block in the back" The Peckers player was out of bounds when Morris touched his back. It can't be a block in the back if the player is not on the field of play. So it was no penalty.[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about Crosby, no way was he out of bounds. The refs missed the call, no need to spin poor officiating. They miss calls all the friggin' time.

In any event the play was pretty awesome, kudos to the big fella on the award.
    Last edited by fullblast; 12-22-2010 at 11:27 PM.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3877081]I dunno, I can only speak of the Jets game, but there's the guy who returned the opening kick for the touchdown and a guy who got 3 punts down inside the 10.
    There are the guys on Jacksonville and Indy who both returned kicks for TDs.[/QUOTE]

There was also the first game winning punt return TD ever. But hey as long as the patsies are happy right...

[QUOTE=The Turk;3877415]There was also the first game winning punt return TD ever. But hey as long as the patsies are happy right...[/QUOTE]

You realize that that was NFC and this award was for AFC right.:rolleyes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=CMJT;3877426]You realize that that was NFC and this award was for AFC right.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

:O Now I do

All League
    Patriots or not that was pretty awesome

Undrafted Free Agent

Then Alosi shouldn't have been penalized for tripping a player, if that player wasn't even in the field of play.
    Last edited by TwoFifths; 12-23-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: fixed typo

[QUOTE=fullblast;3877341]If you're talking about Crosby, no way was he out of bounds. The refs missed the call, no need to spin poor officiating. They miss calls all the friggin' time.

In any event the play was pretty awesome, kudos to the big fella on the award.[/QUOTE]

yes, that was bull**** but I thought you guys would buy it.:D