Thread: Beyond ridiculous CNNSI Power Rankings comment

Beyond ridiculous CNNSI Power Rankings comment

Two things really struck me in the wake of New York's big win at frosty Pittsburgh on Sunday: Kudos to Jets coach Rex Ryan for making it the whole game with just long sleeves and that black sweater vest he likes to wear. No parka or hoodie for Sexy Rexy. He toughed it out. And the other thing? I didn't know quite what to make of Mark Sanchez's ultra-subdued post-game news conference. He looked like he was trying very, very hard to appear nonchalant about the team's season-saving win, maybe because he still had bruised feelings from the criticism he endured the previous two weeks. The body language issues with Sanchez are real, and they're not near fixed yet.

Read more: [url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/12/22/nfl-power-rankings-week-16/index.html#ixzz18tx45V6W[/url]

Seriously? A paid analyst comes up with rex's outfit and sanchez post game interview body language?

Jets Insider VIP
    Creating threads about somebody's comments in power rankings is dumb.

eh, its an article from one of the worlds most respected sports "journalism" companies.

I think a female reporter in the PC after the game asked a similar question...something to the effect of "is there a reason why do you seem so subdued, Mark?" He was like "I don't know how to answer your dumb-ass question, lady."

Now we know it could have very easily been his shoulder bothering him, and he made it through the conference when he probably just wanted to ice it down or whatever.

Anything passes for news these days.

[QUOTE=Chupa;3877285]Two things really struck me in the wake of New York's big win at frosty Pittsburgh on Sunday: Kudos to Jets coach Rex Ryan for making it the whole game with just long sleeves and that black sweater vest he likes to wear. No parka or hoodie for Sexy Rexy. He toughed it out. And the other thing? I didn't know quite what to make of Mark Sanchez's ultra-subdued post-game news conference. He looked like he was trying very, very hard to appear nonchalant about the team's season-saving win, maybe because he still had bruised feelings from the criticism he endured the previous two weeks. The body language issues with Sanchez are real, and they're not near fixed yet.

Read more: [url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/12/22/nfl-power-rankings-week-16/index.html#ixzz18tx45V6W[/url]

Seriously? A paid analyst comes up with rex's outfit and sanchez post game interview body language?[/QUOTE]

maybe, PERHAPS, Sanchez was worried about his shoulder at the time?

All Pro
    How come you never see any articles on Belichicks body language?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;3877325]How come you never see any articles on Belichicks body language?[/QUOTE]

Or wardrobe. :)

Veteran
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;3877325]How come you never see any articles on Belichicks body language?[/QUOTE]

Or adultery.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Or cheating?

Well, people think Sanchez is almost as good as Brady.... just check this out. ;)

[URL]http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101126193058AABcJbL[/URL]

[QUOTE]
    [B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#43b607]Best Answer[/COLOR][/SIZE] - Chosen by Voters[/B]

Im not looking at Stats, im looking at how do they play the game.

Passing Game:

Tom Brady can air it out. He can make a big play happen, but with a top ranked defense, that may be hard from him to get it.

Mark Sanchez can air it out as well, He have Holmes and Edward, so defenders don't know who to cover, he also have Keller as well, so that help him. But he need to throw the ball more quickly.

Winner of passing game: Tom Brady

Use of Rushing Game:

Brady does use his rushing games, but not as well. He the one who been throwing all the TDs

Sanchez, he used his rookies year to help him to learn the rsuhing offense that the jets have and he have used it extremely well.

Winner of uses of rsuhing game: Mark Sanchez

Who's more clutch?

Brady have been trhorwing ton of yards and Tds in the game, he don't have to worry abouyt losing a fourth Q lead, but with the Patriots defense being ranked last int he leuage him will have to worry about that.

Sanchez have proven that he is a fourth Q comeback player. He lead 3 fourth Q comeback in a row with Holmes and Edward on his side, he took control of the offense and got the jets the victory.

Overall:

It close, but Brady might have a little more edge then Sanchez, but sanchez is a young player in progress of learning the system. Image that he may be like Peyton manning one day[/QUOTE]

See, Brady's got a slight edge but you have to comment about Sanchez's boy language because he's almost as good as Brady and will be like Peyton one day. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Ruby2;3877287]Creating threads about somebody's comments in power rankings is dumb.[/QUOTE]

+1 who gives a **** folks..what was the Jets ranking week 15 2004 season?? quick!...who the F carezz

[QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;3877777]+1 who gives a **** folks..what was the Jets ranking week 15 2004 season?? quick!...who the F carezz[/QUOTE]

shouldn't you know? it took you 5 years to come back from Pittsurgh.

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223743[/url]

[QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3877815]shouldn't you know? it took you 5 years to come back from Pittsurgh.

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223743[/url][/QUOTE]

In many ways I never left. I buried my beard at yankee stadium. Take that elitist douchebagery. The Yankees...if the bank had a team...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;3878433]In many ways I never left. I buried my beard at yankee stadium. Take that elitist douchebagery. The Yankees...if the bank had a team...[/QUOTE]

Hi Matt!!! Ola muchacho :D