Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It starts from the top.

It starts from the top.

It seems that Mike T., Rex and everyone involved is down playing Sanchez's injury. They seem to be hiding the truth and have been making poor choices that could hurt this team big time.

We could go off about giving up picks to bring in players, their are pros and cons with this. We could do the same with play calling on both sides of the ball.

The one I'm concerned about not protecting our 50 million dollar Qb. Why give up picks and pay him a lot of cash, then not bring in the talent to protect him. He's taken some solid shots and has been way off since the Pats game. He took a solid shot last week and now is hurt. These hits add up during the season. The one thing I hate about the nfl, are the refs. It seems that if your not the brady, its ok to drill the qb and drive him to the turf. Back to the injury. A tear in your shoulder will never heal or be the same without surgery and lots of time to heal. This tear hinders your throwing ability and never stops hurting. Trust me I had this injury(in my 20's) and the doctor said deal with it, your not a professional athlete. The surgery repairs the tear, but you'll have pain after recovery when your throw.

If he's hurt and damaged, they need to start thinking about looking for another option. This has nothing to do with our liking or not liking Sanchez, It's about protecting our teams chances in the future. I can tell you that this injury will cause pain and you'll loose confidence in your ability to throw. With a young guy with shaky confidence, we could have a problem with him finishing the season or even developing down the road.

I hope it isn't so bad for him, but they need to think about not repeating what happened with Chad.

Just a thought, what do you think?

Jets Insider VIP
    This post is so beyond stupid I don't even know where to start.

How do you know his injury is being downplayed?

And what are you talking about not surrounding Sanchez with great talent?

We have multiple weapons at skill positions and an above average line which includes two recently drafted 1st round linemen, not to mention that Ducasse was taken in the 2nd round last year.

You are just making stuff up.

Practice Squad
    Part of being a franchise QB is staying healthy. Nobody gets beat up more than Big Ben and even Eli Manning has taken his share of hits over the years. Sanchez as a whole has not taken a ton of hits over his 2 years in the league and it looks like this will be his second year without playing all 16 games. Not looking good.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetnug;3877302]Part of being a franchise QB is staying healthy. Nobody gets beat up more than Big Ben and even Eli Manning has taken his share of hits over the years. Sanchez as a whole has not taken a ton of hits over his 2 years in the league and it looks like this will be his second year without playing all 16 games. Not looking good.[/QUOTE]

He missed ONE game last year, and is 99% going to start this week.

Jesus, what would you guys be doing if our QB was Stafford or McNabb?

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3877306]He missed ONE game last year, and is 99% going to start this week.

Jesus, what would you guys be doing if our QB was Stafford or McNabb?[/QUOTE]

99% going to start this week? He was throwing left handed in practice today! Hope you are right but I think I'm a little bit wiser than that.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetnug;3877308]99% going to start this week? He was throwing left handed in practice today! Hope you are right but I think I'm a little bit wiser than that.[/QUOTE]

Players miss practice and play all the time.

Chad has scared this fan base into a sense of hysteria.

Practice Squad
    Any shoulder injury to a QB is never good. We should be very very concerned that our 24 year old franchise qb has a 'slightly' torn labrum.

Teams can't afford to keep 2 starting caliber QBs on their roster, long term. That's why the Patriots had to get rid of Bledsoe when Brady showed what he could do. It's why Kevin Kolb will not be on the Philadelphia Eagles next year. Sanchez is our starting QB for at least the next few years unless this is some devastating injury, which there are currently no indications of.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetnug;3877315]Any shoulder injury to a QB is never good. We should be very very concerned that our 24 year old franchise qb has a 'slightly' torn labrum.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I'm not getting concerned until I see him missing games related to this injury.

[QUOTE=jetnug;3877308]99% going to start this week? He was throwing left handed in practice today! Hope you are right but I think I'm a little bit wiser than that.[/QUOTE]

In the walkthrough portion of practice. Calm the **** down people. If he misses the game against the Bears, fine. But now? People are flipping their **** without much reason right now. Bunch of alarmists.

All League
    lets be real here...if they are saying he will at least "most likely play" then we have nothing to worry about in terms of "devastating injuries" we just have to worry about his performance in this upcoming game and beyond.

Veteran
    how do you use the "ignore" feature?

All Pro

Hehehehe The sky is falling. :eek:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3877311]Players miss practice and play all the time.

Chad has scared this fan base into a sense of hysteria.[/QUOTE]

Chad did not scare this fan base into a sense of hysteria the front office has. Last time we heard about our franchise QB having a shoulder injure it was diagnosed as just a rotator cuff bruise and its no big deal he is just seating out a couple of weeks for precationary reasons. Next thing we know he is going into surgery for a torn rotator cuff and is never the same.

This could put Sanchez in the running for a future Comeback Player of the Year award (or two!).

This could be a blessing in disguise. Maybe Shotty will run more bootlegs and 3 step drops to make it easier for Sanchez, with fewer shots beyond 12 yards. The offense seems to play better when that is the strategy anyhow.

[QUOTE=jetnug;3877315]Any shoulder injury to a QB is never good. We should be very very concerned that our 24 year old franchise qb has a 'slightly' torn labrum.[/QUOTE]

Hey didn't tear his labrum

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Shoulder injuries always lead to cancer and then will be followed up by heart disease and ultimately AIDS.

Just like Chad.

How stupid can this get?

Not many young quarterbacks have D'Brickashaw Ferguson at Left Tackle, Nick Mangold at Center, Damien Woody on the right side and Tony Freaking Richardson at fullback. he's surrounded by more protection than 80% of the qb's in the NFL.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3877376]Hey didn't tear his labrum[/QUOTE]

And you know this for sure how? From the things i read the only way to know the extent of the tear is through an arthroscopy which he hasn't had. The MRI just confirms whether there is torn cartilage or not.