Thread: Paper Airplanes and Deadspin

Paper Airplanes and Deadspin

You know what? I just realized that one of the big changes at the new stadium is the absence of paper airplanes. The Deadspin "Greatest letter ever printed on NFL team letterhead" link below made me laugh. Priceless if real.

I am actually starting to like deadspin.

[URL="http://deadspin.com/5716038/the-greatest-letter-ever-printed-on-nfl-team-letterhead"]http://deadspin.com/5716038/the-greatest-letter-ever-printed-on-nfl-team-letterhead[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3877731]You know what? I just realized that one of the big changes at the new stadium is the absence of paper airplanes. The Deadspin "Greatest letter ever printed on NFL team letterhead" link below made me laugh. Priceless if real.

I am actually starting to like deadspin.

[URL="http://deadspin.com/5716038/the-greatest-letter-ever-printed-on-nfl-team-letterhead"]http://deadspin.com/5716038/the-greatest-letter-ever-printed-on-nfl-team-letterhead[/URL][/QUOTE]

Alas...this didn't pass Fish's smell test. ;)

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223771[/url]

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;3877737]Alas...this didn't pass Fish's smell test. ;)

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223771[/url][/QUOTE]

missed it. sorry for the double post.

the paper airplane imbeciles have been priced out of the stadium IMO..I just don't see the goon factor that encompassed Giants Stadium. The reject security guards who let it go on in years past are lucky nobody lost an eye...

[QUOTE=Tucker134;3877750]the paper airplane imbeciles have been priced out of the stadium IMO..I just don't see the goon factor that encompassed Giants Stadium. The reject security guards who let it go on in years past are lucky nobody lost an eye...[/QUOTE]

I've just gotta ask ... do you honestly think that there is a real danger of somebody "losing an eye" because of a friggin' paper airplane?? Seriously?!

I mean, I guess there's a chance -- one in a million -- but a chance. It's kinda like saying Giants Stadium is "lucky" no one got struck by lightning, or that a 747 didn't crash land on it during a game.
    Associating "goons" with paper airplanes makes me laugh. I feel warmed that the hoodlums with the water guns have been eliminated as well. How 'bout those gangsta's with the spit wads?! My gawd, it's finally safe to take the family .... Lol - wow. Seriously, if paper airplanes upset you that much, then yes, definitely stay home.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FreemanMC;3877774]I've just gotta ask ... do you honestly think that there is a real danger of somebody "losing an eye" because of a friggin' paper airplane?? Seriously?!

.[/QUOTE]

maybe not, but i did get hit in the eye by one at a game a few years ago. hurt like hell. hated people throwing them ever since.

I just remembered why we don't see paper planes at the new stadium. First, people in the Mezzanine are too classy to throw any.. all the paper planes come from the uppers. Second, the uppers are so high that those planes burn up upon re-entry to the Earth's atmosphere and never make their way below.

[QUOTE=Dcat;3877819]I just remembered why we don't see paper planes at the new stadium. First, people in the Mezzanine are too classy to throw any.. all the paper planes come from the uppers. Second, the uppers are so high that those planes burn up upon re-entry to the Earth's atmosphere and never make their way below.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

All League
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3877819]I just remembered why we don't see paper planes at the new stadium. First, people in the Mezzanine are too classy to throw any.. all the paper planes come from the uppers. Second, the uppers are so high that those planes burn up upon re-entry to the Earth's atmosphere and never make their way below.[/QUOTE]

Dear Dcat,

Attached is a post that we received on December 23, 2010. I feel that you should be aware that some guy named SAR I is signing your name to stupid posts.

Thanks,
    Jets Insider

* Disclaimer: I don't think your post is stupid, I just had to follow the format used by the Cleveland letter. ;)

[QUOTE=FreemanMC;3877774]I've just gotta ask ... do you honestly think that there is a real danger of somebody "losing an eye" because of a friggin' paper airplane?? Seriously?!

I mean, I guess there's a chance -- one in a million -- but a chance. It's kinda like saying Giants Stadium is "lucky" no one got struck by lightning, or that a 747 didn't crash land on it during a game.
    Associating "goons" with paper airplanes makes me laugh. I feel warmed that the hoodlums with the water guns have been eliminated as well. How 'bout those gangsta's with the spit wads?! My gawd, it's finally safe to take the family .... Lol - wow. Seriously, if paper airplanes upset you that much, then yes, definitely stay home.[/QUOTE]

I've seen plenty of airplanes hit people while travelling at a high rate of speed- they are pointed in the front. If someone is looking sideways or have their head turned around they could easily lose an eye. I think the odds of someone injuring/losing an eye is a helluva lot greater than your moronic comparisons (lightning strike/747 crash "land"...what pilot would ever crash land in a stadium.). Plus it takes away from the games- it's ANNOYING. The people throwing airplanes are clearly not payinig attention to the game..they're there to get drunk & act stupid, which they think they're allowed to do in public bc they're at a football game. I sit in the mezzanine now, in section 241. I sat in mezzanine section 223 in the old stadium. There are little if any neanderthals in our new stadium's mezzanine. There were plenty at Giants Stadium.

All League
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;3877867]I've seen plenty of airplanes hit people while travelling at a high rate of speed- they are pointed in the front. If someone is looking sideways or have their head turned around they could easily lose an eye. I think the odds of someone injuring/losing an eye is a helluva lot greater than your moronic comparisons (lightning strike/747 crash "land"...what pilot would ever crash land in a stadium.). Plus it takes away from the games- it's ANNOYING. The people throwing airplanes are clearly not payinig attention to the game..they're there to get drunk & act stupid, which they think they're allowed to do in public bc they're at a football game. I sit in the mezzanine now, in section 241. I sat in mezzanine section 223 in the old stadium. There are little if any neanderthals in our new stadium's mezzanine. There were plenty at Giants Stadium.[/QUOTE]

Hi, I'm doing a study on people on that level and wanted to ask a few questions.

Do you find that you are like the majority of mezzanine ticket holders that show up half an hour late, or don't even bother to show up at all on many gamedays?

Do you prefer red wine or white wine? Obviously you are too classy for beer like the rest of your mezzanine ticket holders.

At what temperature do you decide to not attend the game? Under 50 degrees like the average mezzanine fan?

If the score is 21-14 the other team, would you leave the game with 5 minutes left to beat traffic? If you say yes, you are exactly the same as your fellow mezzanine ticket holders!

Thanks for your participation and stay classy with the rest of your mezzanine ticket holders that go to the game for the sole purpose of telling the whole office that you went to the game.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Rarely is an LOL appropriate....but....

LOL!

I really have to stop reading this site....I've gotten NOTHING done today.

[QUOTE=rep;3877888]Hi, I'm doing a study on people on that level and wanted to ask a few questions.

Do you find that you are like the majority of mezzanine ticket holders that show up half an hour late, or don't even bother to show up at all on many gamedays?

i havent missed a game- I tailgate in the F parking area starting at approx 10am. I have 2 small kids & am starting to feel guilty about leaving on Sun mornings...but Jet games are literally the only thing I ask for myself & luckily 5 of the 8 Jets home games this year have been in prime time.

Do you prefer red wine or white wine? Obviously you are too classy for beer like the rest of your mezzanine ticket holders.

I have afew bloody mary'sin the parking lot, then afew beers at the game..I drive so I don't over indulge.

At what temperature do you decide to not attend the game? Under 50 degrees like the average mezzanine fan?

like I said, i've been to every game. Were you at the last game of the season last year (Cincy...to get in the playoffs) We tailgated by a firepit for 4 hours

If the score is 21-14 the other team, would you leave the game with 5 minutes left to beat traffic? If you say yes, you are exactly the same as your fellow mezzanine ticket holders!

I stayed til the end of the Houston game...most of the stadium had left or were in the process of leaving

Thanks for your participation and stay classy with the rest of your mezzanine ticket holders that go to the game for the sole purpose of telling the whole office that you went to the game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...I plan on staying classy- it's how I was raised.

All League
    [QUOTE=rep;3877888]Hi, I'm doing a study on people on that level and wanted to ask a few questions.

Thanks for your participation and stay classy with the rest of your mezzanine ticket holders that go to the game for the sole purpose of telling the whole office that you went to the game.[/QUOTE]

lmao...these are the same people who feel they have the right to tell us "DOWN IN FRONT" like they paid for my seat as well as theirs