Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qualcomm Stadium Flooding

Qualcomm Stadium Flooding

[URL="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2010/12/23/1893345/qualcomm-stadium-flooding-photos-poinsettia-bowl-navy-san-diego-state"]http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2010/12/23/1893345/qualcomm-stadium-flooding-photos-poinsettia-bowl-navy-san-diego-state[/URL]

[B]Qualcomm Stadium Flooding Day Before Poinsettia Bowl[/B]

The Poinsettia Bowl between Navy and San Diego State is still slated to kickoff on Thursday night despite the flooding of Qualcomm Stadium, where the game is being held. And the floods havenít created just a little bit of standing water ó according to reports, the field was submerged in about 10 inches of muddy water as of Wednesday. Some images of the flooding:

[IMG]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/12/23/article-0-0C915FD3000005DC-131_634x366.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://media.signonsandiego.com/img/photos/2010/12/22/valley2_t593.jpg?f53c1bb70f629018cec0bd6246c82dae770b93ac[/IMG]

The flooding was caused by 4.2 inches of rain dumped on the area this week, causing the San Diego River to flood Mission Valley in San Diego. Luckily for the Poinsettia Bowl, and the entire area, there is no more rain forecasted for Thursday, or the remainder of the week.

Poinsettia Bowl executive director Bruce Binkowski said on Wednesday that crews would be working around the clock to pump the water out of the stadium, and he assured fans the game would go on as planned.

A lot of natural disaster occurrences happening. I hope the mutated alligators and dead bodies in the swamp don't ever affect the New Meadowlands.

Jets Insider VIP
    Holy crap.

So much for "It never rains in Southern California."

Hall Of Fame
    I think there is going to be a mad-dash race to LA between the Chargers and Vikings if their Stadium issues are not resolved soon.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

They should move the game to Minnesota.

I don't understand how they can remove 180 million gallons of water, or have it dry up. That field is definitely not serviceable after this.

They are going to play the game, but it will turn into a mud bowl within the first few minutes.

Does the stadium always remove the team logo banners after every game?

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3877782]I don't understand how they can remove 180 million gallons of water, or have it dry up. That field is definitely not serviceable after this.[/QUOTE]

well at least the tarp is on....

[QUOTE=revischrist;3877786]They are going to play the game, but it will turn into a [B]mud bowl [/B]within the first few minutes.[/QUOTE]

They can have AJ Duhey do the coin toss

All League
    [QUOTE=SMC;3877743]Holy crap.

So much for "It never rains in Southern California."[/QUOTE]

You gotta listen to the whole song, not the title.

"It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya? [B]It pours, man, it pours.[/B]"

So it didn't rain. It poured. ;)

Yup, saw it on the Internet as well. We've had 4 days straight of rain it was ridiculous, "but Sanchez never played in ****ty weather", yeah I'm sure he never played in a rain soaked game. Also I'm still debating on whether or not to go to the Navy v SDSU game tonight.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Advantage NAVY!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3877901]Advantage NAVY![/QUOTE]

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Veteran
    It just stopped raining, its been since Saturday

All League
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3877801]Does the stadium always remove the team logo banners after every game?[/QUOTE]

Did Shea use to do the same thing?

Crazy pics.

Football is meant to be played in any weather.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3877740]
    [B]Qualcomm Stadium Flooding Day Before Poinsettia Bowl[/B]

The Poinsettia Bowl between Navy and San Diego State is still slated to kickoff on Thursday night despite the flooding of Qualcomm Stadium, where the game is being held. And the floods havenít created just a little bit of standing water ó according to reports, [B]the field was submerged in about 10 inches of muddy water as of Wednesday.[/B] Some images of the flooding:

.[/QUOTE]

Another 2 inches and they could have got Rex to help..:yes:

The whole lower coast is nothing but mud. Anybody every drive by Malibu and see the entire hills covered in green plastic to keep the rain from washing away the place? The whole southern coast is nothing but loose dirt waiting for the rain to turn it into a mudslide.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SMC;3877743]Holy crap.

So much for "It never rains in Southern California."[/QUOTE]

"...but girl don't they warn ya
    It pours, man it pours"

Moderator VIP Visionary
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3877901]Advantage NAVY![/QUOTE]

LOL