Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez (shoulder) goes slow at practice

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Sanchez (shoulder) goes slow at practice(GAME TIME DECISION)

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5951267[/url]

New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez was on the field Thursday morning for practice, but he didn't look comfortable.

The quarterback, with a cartilage tear in his throwing arm, made a soft toss here or there, but nothing with any power behind it. A few times, he held his arm awkwardly.

A source confirmed that an MRI revealed the tear. Both Mark Brunell and Kellen Clemens, the Jets' backup quarterbacks, made a full complement of throws.

Sanchez said on Wednesday that he would play Sunday when the Jets attempt to clinch a playoff spot with a win over the Chicago Bears.

Santonio Holmes was also at practice. Coach Rex Ryan announced on Wednesday that the wide receiver had turf toe. Ryan said he expected Holmes to play on Sunday as well.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 12-23-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Another offseason....... Another surgery for a jets qb.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I'd comment, but I dont want to wake up the rabid yellowey-eyed "SOJF post" monitoring poleez.

I will say this;

:barf:

-

only the jets FML

Jets Insider VIP
    Ground and ****ing pound all game long.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I have a feeling this will be Marks last game of the season, if he even plays Sunday.

Whatever the case, this is devastating news. Shoulder stuff is never good and seems he's in pain.

It's not about jumping the gun or overreacting, this is just no good. Puke!!!!

All League
    WHAT THE F*CK

God damn this ****ing SUCKS. That's all I can say. God dammit.

Again, he played with it in Pitt and had one of his best games. Excellent accuracy and definitely excellent zip. Especially considering the weather.

Sanchez has to learn though that he can't be taking any extra hits. I definitely recall the play he got hurt on and was just frustrated that he even took the hit, because he didn't need to.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3877995]Sanchez has to learn though that he can't be taking any extra hits. I definitely recall the play he got hurt on and was just frustrated that he even took the hit, because he didn't need to.[/QUOTE]

When did it happen? Did it look really bad at the time?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;3877976]I have a feeling this will be Marks last game of the season, if he even plays Sunday.

Whatever the case, this is devastating news. Shoulder stuff is never good and seems he's in pain.

It's not about jumping the gun or overreacting, this is just no good. Puke!!!![/QUOTE]

Dude, I thought you checked out already and are focusing on the Heat.

:D

Rex just said that Sanchez will be a game time decision.

Rex still thinks he's gonna play but either way, definitely not a good injury.

Jets Insider VIP
    JennyVrentas Ryan said he "underestimated" where Sanchez was at yesterday. Thought he could have played if gm yesterday, but trainer said otherwise. #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    nyjets: #EA "I feel it's a sore shoulder and he should be able to play," Ryan said. Sanchez has to improve in order to play.

ConorTOrr: "He has to improve for him to go out there"

TheJetsStream: Sanchez threw the ball today, but he didn't show "zip" according to Rex, who says MS may be 80 percent. Oh, boy. Brunell may be up. #nfl

Jets Insider VIP
    janesports: Ryan said Sanchez still has improvement to make if he's going to play on Sunday. Said shoulder is sore, was unsure if it's a cartilage tear.

TheJetsStream: #Jets Rex Ryan doesn't believe Sanchez will wear a shoulder apparatus if he does, indeed, play. #Bears #nfl

a shoulder apparatus? Wtf is that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;3877962]I'd comment, but I dont want to wake up the rabid yellowey-eyed "SOJF post" monitoring poleez.

I will say this;

:barf:

-[/QUOTE]
    You know in the 09 Draft I really though we were going to get Josh Freeman because I thought Sanchez would be long gone at pick 17.. The Jets liked Freeman but Sanchez seemed to have a more advanced ability to understand Schottys offense.. Out of Stafford(Always hurt) Sanchez and Freeman Tampa may have made the best choice at QB..

All League
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3878012]Rex just said that Sanchez will be a game time decision.

Rex still thinks he's gonna play but either way, definitely not a good injury.[/QUOTE]

and he is an expert on shoulders.

oh, never mind, wrong body part.

[QUOTE=Savage69;3878027]You know in the 09 Draft I really though we were going to get Josh Freeman because I thought Sanchez would be long gone at pick 17.. The Jets liked Freeman but Sanchez seemed to have a more advanced ability to understand Schottys offense.. Out of Stafford(Always hurt) Sanchez and Freeman Tampa may have made the best choice at QB..[/QUOTE]

Based on what? The fact that sanchez has a mild shoulder injury that will keep him out of practice for a week? Are you serious?

Brunnell against the Bears?? FML

PLEASE SANCHEZ! Save us!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Sucks, but that's what cortisone shots are for. We really don't have a capable backup so he needs to be out there for this crucial game. Schotty will need to adjust the game plan, and the offensive line and runningbacks need to step up big-time.