Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bears' Cutler plans on challenging Revis

Bears' Cutler plans on challenging Revis

LOL. Good luck with that. He hasn't been singled out like this all year - I've actually wanted to see a team try their luck on the outside. Makes things a lot easier on Pool, DLow, Cole&Cole.

[url]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/bears_cutler_plans_on_challenging_0olj4Lu34iUhZuGeQsvRCI?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=[/url]

[QUOTE]Sunday could be the ideal opportunity for Jets CB Darrelle Revis to get his first interception of the season.

Bears quarterback Jay Cutler told ESPN.com he has no plans of avoiding Revis, like so many before him have.

"No, you can't assume [the Bears will stay away from Revis' side]," Cutler said. "We've got good receivers. We trust the guys in our locker room. I tell those guys: 'You're gonna have to get open.' Whatever it takes, we're gonna have to find a way to complete balls [on Revis' side] because you can't eliminate one side of the field.”

Revis earned a reputation as the top cornerback in the league last year despite finishing second to Packers CB Charles Woodson in the NFL’s Defensive Player of the Year voting. He held out all of training camp before finally agreeing to a re-worked, four-year contract. But he has been hampered by hamstring injuries for parts of the season that cost him two games and slowed him for others. In his first three seasons in the league Revis had three, five and six interceptions, but is still looking for his first of 2010.

“It's too hard to do,” Cutler said of staying away from Revis. “It gives them too much of an advantage. So Johnny [Knox], and Devin [Hester], and all those guys, they're gonna have to find a way."

Cutler has cut down on his interceptions in leading the Bears to an NFC North title this season. He had 26 last year, his first in Chicago, but has cut that number in half heading into Week 16. It would even be lower if not for being victimized by the Redskins’ DeAngelo Hall — another one of the NFL’s elite corners — who picked off Cutler an NFL-record-tying four times in Washington’s Week 7 win.

"It doesn't mean you don't do it, you just have to be careful on how you're gonna do it," Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz said. "[Revis is] very consistent, very, very, very confident in his skill, and does not overreact. He's really as good as I've seen in many years. But that doesn't mean that you don't create opportunities. It's a terrific challenge for our guys, there's no question."[/QUOTE]

He's lying.

All League
    I see nothing wrong here

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Bring it on. :yes:

If Sanchez's shoulder is as bad as we are hearing, we will need all the pick-6's we can get.

Gimpy Sanchez, ole man Brunell and Jitterbugz Clemens aint going to cut it.

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3877964]He's lying.[/QUOTE]

IDK. He refused to throw away from Deangelo Hall and Hall picked him off 4 times. And then after the game said that he'd keep throwing at him. Cutler's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed and is a huge douche. I could see Revis getting his first pick this weekend.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm assuming Revis will be on Knox? Hope Hester doesn't burn Cro.

All League
    teams challenged revis last year. did cutler not see what happened?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jvill 51;3877975]Cutler's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed and is a huge douche. [/QUOTE]

Lmao.

All League
    LMAO

D-Hall part deux? Cutler is thickheaded enough to do it again.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Hopefully he challenges Revis like he challenged Deangelo Hall.

[QUOTE=jvill 51;3877975]IDK. He refused to throw away from Deangelo Hall and Hall picked him off 4 times. And then after the game said that he'd keep throwing at him. Cutler's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed and is a huge douche. I could see Revis getting his first pick this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Exactly... Plus, Cutler is too dumb to lie.

Just hope Revis is at his best and makes him pay if he gets an opportunity.

[QUOTE=jvill 51;3877975]IDK. He refused to throw away from Deangelo Hall and Hall picked him off 4 times. And then after the game said that he'd keep throwing at him. Cutler's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed and is a huge douche. I could see Revis getting his first pick this weekend.[/QUOTE]

lol :D

All Pro
    Another week and another team saying they won't back down from Revis. Big surprise.

I think it's safe to assume the results on Sunday will be the same as they've been all year long in regards to 24.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Good news, I hope he does. Sounded though like Cutler was challenging his receivers to get open more than he was challenging Revis. Maybe laying the ground work so he can make excuses after the game.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3877973]Bring it on. :yes:

If Sanchez's shoulder is as bad as we are hearing, we will need all the pick-6's we can get.

Gimpy Sanchez, ole man Brunell and Jitterbugz Clemens aint going to cut it.[/QUOTE]

since neither you nor I have ever seen Clemens operate behind a decent OL with a decent run game and healthy receivers, it might be best to remain mute on the subject until we witness it! Brunell can pplay a game or two if need be. do you have inside information or just speculating?

Jets Insider VIP
    OOooooh I hope he does, repeatedly, and Revis gets multiple pick-sixes.

Dumbass.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... cutler & martz both have their heads up their own *$$es enough to challenge revis ... :yes:

... this will definitely help us win this week!!! ...

l_j_r

As we all know, Revis is the best in the league hands down. I often think MANY QB's want to throw his way and try to pick on him so they can be the guy that "knocked him down to size". However, I'm certain OC's and coaching staffs around the league will not allow their QB's to go after Revis. They design very SAFE plays, usually underneath, just to keep whoever Revis is covering involved in the game.

But if Jay Cutler is the guy I think he is, then he goes after Revis. I think he's very confident, almost arrogant, in his abilities and thinks he's the guy that's going to victimize Revis. Well all I can say to that is, "Have at it". In fact I would encourage it. Because, as we already know, Revis WILL burn you. So Cutler goes after Revis and Revis gets at least a couple of picks (one of them a pick 6) and the Jets win easily. Sounds very exciting to me!

Did you guys hear one of the MNF crew, either Jaws or Gruden (I think it was Gruden) call Cutler "smart" and " one of the most intelligent QBs" last Monday? I almost fell off my sofa.

Cutler has got to be one of the dumbest f*cks playing the position. I mean as dumb as a doorknob dumb. With JaMarcus Russel no longer in the league, he might just be the dumbest starting QB of all 32 teams.

All League
    Hard to take this article seriously when:
    A) They call DeAngelo Hall an elite corner <-------- LMAO
    B) the title doesn't even match up with what he said
    'We're going to have to find ways to complete balls on his side <> RAWRRRRRRR IM GOING AFTER HIM!!!!!!!!!!