Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bears talking trash(may go after Sanchez's arm?)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Bears talking trash(may go after Sanchez's arm?)

Leave it to Lance Briggs to weigh in on the Rex Ryan foot-fetish flap.

The Bears linebacker was asked about the topic after videos surfaced of a woman resembling the Jets coach's wife, with a voice sounding like Ryan's coming from the camera.

"I stay away from feet," Briggs said during his Thursday news conference. "I'm in bad need of a pedicure right now. I don't wish anyone near my feet."
    Briggs was full of jokes Thursday. When asked about Jets quarterback Marc Sanchez's shoulder tear, Briggs interrupted the reporter before the question was finished.

"Try to take his shoulder out? Give him an extra ... ?'' Briggs said. "Which shoulder is it?"

Actually, it is Sanchez's right throwing shoulder.

"So I know," Briggs said.

"I don't do stuff, like, personally,'' he continued. "I really don't think anyone was trying to hurt (Vikings quarterback) Brett Favre when he got hurt. Things just happen."

[url]http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/12/arch-rivals-bears-briggs-toes-line-on-ryan-flap.html[/url]

I don't believe that last sentence for a bit. Maybe they won't do it on purpose but I think they'd try to do it without being so obvious....

PROTECT SANCHEZ, O-LINE!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marc Sanchez

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ well what did you expect? It's a writer from Chicago, not Harvard University. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;3878017]Leave it to Lance Briggs to weigh in on the Rex Ryan foot-fetish flap.

The Bears linebacker was asked about the topic after videos surfaced of a woman resembling the Jets coach's wife, with a voice sounding like Ryan's coming from the camera.

"I stay away from feet," Briggs said during his Thursday news conference. "I'm in bad need of a pedicure right now. I don't wish anyone near my feet."
    Briggs was full of jokes Thursday. When asked about Jets quarterback Marc Sanchez's shoulder tear, Briggs interrupted the reporter before the question was finished.

"Try to take his shoulder out? Give him an extra ... ?'' Briggs said. "Which shoulder is it?"

Actually, it is Sanchez's right throwing shoulder.

"So I know," Briggs said.

"I don't do stuff, like, personally,'' he continued. "I really don't think anyone was trying to hurt (Vikings quarterback) Brett Favre when he got hurt. Things just happen."

[URL]http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/12/arch-rivals-bears-briggs-toes-line-on-ryan-flap.html[/URL]

I don't believe that last sentence for a bit. Maybe they won't do it on purpose but I think they'd try to do it without being so obvious....

PROTECT SANCHEZ, O-LINE!!![/QUOTE]

So since Cutler's arm isn't on the injury report does that mean the Jets won't be trying to get him anyhow anyway anywhere?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they hurt Sanchez on purpose, I say we forfeit the game by just trying to literally end Cutler's career.

15 yard penalties all day until he coughs up blood.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours." Rex

Lets see if that statement rings true

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    F the Bears. We are going to destroy them, no matter who plays QB for us. If the Jets are just 1/4 as fed up as I am with all the extracurricular sh:t going on lately, they will storm into Chicago, rip off Cutler's head and sh:t down his neck. Godddammit

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;3878202]F the Bears. We are going to destroy them, no matter who plays QB for us. If the Jets are just 1/4 as fed up as I am with all the extracurricular sh:t going on lately, they will storm into Chicago, rip off Cutler's head and sh:t down his neck. Godddammit[/QUOTE]

:rockon::beers:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;3878202]F the Bears. We are going to destroy them, no matter who plays QB for us. If the Jets are just 1/4 as fed up as I am with all the extracurricular sh:t going on lately, they will storm into Chicago, rip off Cutler's head and sh:t down his neck. Godddammit[/QUOTE]

[img]http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/hulk-bear.gif[/img]

[b]JETS SMASH!!!![/b]

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome gif!!!!!!!!! :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bears are who we thought they were (not very good) and we WONT let 'em off the hook!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3878156]If they hurt Sanchez on purpose, I say we forfeit the game by just trying to literally end Cutler's career.

15 yard penalties all day until he coughs up blood.[/QUOTE]

I would never wish for injuries, even to players that I hate most, but there's one thing I've never understood: When I was watching the Patriots throw the ball with a 38-3 lead in the fourth quarter earlier this month, and it was obvious they were trying to rub it in, I wondered why the Jets wouldn't just send all 11 defenders on every subsequent play. What's the worst thing that happens? You lose 52-3? So what? It would make the guy rubbing it in -- in this case, Belichick -- decide what's more important: Embarass the Jets or keep Brady healthy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;3878556][img]http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/hulk-bear.gif[/img]

[b]JETS SMASH!!!![/b][/QUOTE]

Insta-win!

Stealing it

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;3878556][img]http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/hulk-bear.gif[/img]

[b]JETS SMASH!!!![/b][/QUOTE]

Dude thats so f**king awsome.
    He's actually throwing a bear in the air.
    Last edited by dmitexxi; 12-24-2010 at 10:19 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Noto18gameseason;3878198]"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours." Rex

Lets see if that statement rings true[/QUOTE]

Didn't that story end with; and this little piggy went wee wee wee all the way home??:P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dmitexxi;3878709]Dude thats so f**king awsome.
    He's actually throwing a bear in the air.[/QUOTE]

Yep. He certainly is. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3878020]Marc Sanchez[/QUOTE]

Most of the rest of the country thinks all NYers are Jewish; hence "Marc". And Sanchez is short for Sanchezfarb. :rolleyes:

I'm sure some Bears fans will have foot-related signs on Sunday. :erm:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we re-sign Kimo Von-Oelhoffen for this game?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't see any trash talking in Briggs's statements. What did I miss?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=J-E-F-F;3878583]I would never wish for injuries, even to players that I hate most, but there's one thing I've never understood: When I was watching the Patriots throw the ball with a 38-3 lead in the fourth quarter earlier this month, and it was obvious they were trying to rub it in, I wondered why the Jets wouldn't just send all 11 defenders on every subsequent play. What's the worst thing that happens? You lose 52-3? So what? It would make the guy rubbing it in -- in this case, Belichick -- decide what's more important: Embarass the Jets or keep Brady healthy.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing during the beat down...I guess Ryan figured differently. :confused: