Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bench Sanchez for this week

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Bench Sanchez for this week

Lets start Kellen or Brunell, either one. And lets run the ball all day and get that ground and pound firmly established in time for the playoffs. That way when Mark comes back we can run the ball more and limit how much he is throwing out there so he stays somewhat healthy. And maybe its time to start letting Brad Smith throw out of the seminole a few times...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Start Clemens. Stress the run with some Wildcat thrown in, and hope for the best.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    if Sanchez can't go then the best possible answer is to have Brad Smith throw out of the seminole at least 5 to 10 times. but of course Schitthead is too clueless to realize this.

I'd rather have Brad Smith start at QB than Brunell too.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    This season is totally disappointing. Hide Sanchez under the bench. It's over. The Bears are like ...walking gods...I don't think we can beat them.

Why try?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's not and say we did.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brunell is just terribly old and worthless. He can't play anymore.

Clemens is a disaster and he never could play.

Brad Smith is not a QB. But he might be the best bet to win the game if #6 can't play. I don't really like Smith's throwing ability, but he put up crazy numbers in college. Maybe some variation of the spread where they do a lot of QB option, bubble screens, and the occasional go-route might work for a game.

As long as the QB can get the ball into the hands of the tremendous athletes on this team, it should mean a Jets win. The offense only should have to score 17 points to win this game.

And let's see McKnight get a few touches.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 12-23-2010 at 03:53 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://gadgetsteria.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/facepalm.jpg[/IMG]

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3878177]Let's not and say we did.[/QUOTE]

You don't think we can beat the BEARS do you?

Teh Bears are the Greatest Thing Ever in the NFL. We don't stand a chance. It might be cold, as well. The Bears run on ice water and steel; it looks really, really bad for the Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well we can look at what the Pats did to the Bears. They can be beaten, bad. Its whether the coaches put together the right gameplan or not. Brad Smith will and/or should be the difference maker in this game

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    No way, Sanchez is a gamer, he will be under center on Sunday

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to do whats best for the team and for the player. If he really does have a small tear I don't want to see him out there throwing picks left and right cause he has no mustard on the ball. Also there is the chance he really does serious damage and can't go the rest of the year. Ground N' Pound! Isn't that what we all have been saying we want to see anyways?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3878184][IMG]http://gadgetsteria.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/facepalm.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

You know it's bad when an autobot doesn't want to defend a human.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    TIME TO CRANK UP DA [COLOR="SeaGreen"]WAR MACHINE[/COLOR] BI*CHES!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3878185]You don't think we can beat the BEARS do you?

Teh Bears are the Greatest Thing Ever in the NFL. We don't stand a chance. It might be cold, as well. The Bears run on ice water and steel; it looks really, really bad for the Jets.[/QUOTE]

We're so f*cked.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3878212]We're so f*cked.[/QUOTE]

i agree. back up QB is a tough position to feel good about, and in our case i don't

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The best way to use ground and pound is to build an early first half lead. You don't necessarily win by running the ball, you run the ball when you're winning.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope this isn't the beginning of a new era of Penny like problems. If any chance of that, I would rather give up this season and bench him to protect his shoulder long term.

PLEASE GOD...not another Penny problem.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kotch;3878237]The best way to use ground and pound is to build an early first half lead. You don't necessarily win by running the ball, you run the ball when you're winning.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I didn't mind rex deferring the kick off return until the second half. Keep it close or be in front at the half; then take the air out of the 3rd Q with a nice long drive; running hard.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3878181][B]Brunell is just terribly old and worthless. He can't play anymore.[/B]
    Clemens is a disaster and he never could play.

Brad Smith is not a QB. But he might be the best bet to win the game if #6 can't play. I don't really like Smith's throwing ability, but he put up crazy numbers in college. Maybe some variation of the spread where they do a lot of QB option, bubble screens, and the occasional go-route might work for a game.

As long as the QB can get the ball into the hands of the tremendous athletes on this team, it should mean a Jets win. The offense only should have to score 17 points to win this game.

And let's see McKnight get a few touches.[/QUOTE]

First of all, calling Brunell worthless is grossly unfair. Brunell has proven to be worth the investment as a mentor to the younger Mark. Rick Mirer and Patrick Ramsey were worthless.

Second, I'm not so sure he can't play anymore. You might be right, but I'm waiting until I see him play a few quarters before making that statement.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Brunell plays we will get killed. Peppers would probably knock the old guy out of the game by the 2nd quarter. Then it's Clemens and the turnover party would begin.

We will get shutout if Mark doesn't play