Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: barring a setback in next 48 hrs, Sanchez will start vs. #Bears

barring a setback in next 48 hrs, Sanchez will start vs. #Bears

I've just been told that Sun. Looked good in practice

[URL="http://twitter.com/#%21/TheJetsStream"]http://twitter.com/#!/TheJetsStream[/URL]

Every offensive player I've talked to expects Sanchez to play Sun. Taking all first-team reps Fri strong indication, the way he threw.

[url]http://twitter.com/#!/JennyVrentas[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    No point to keeping it a game time decision, it's not like our backups cause a need to prepare differently.

All Pro
    NFL Sirius radio was talking about rumours (hopefully rumours) that they were talking about pulling Sanchez for the season and that if he was a MLS pitcher, his season would be over.

I did see a stat on ESPN last night saying that their record was a TON better when he throws less, so maybe they will just suck it up and surgically repair it after their last game - hopefully their last game in February :)

All Pro
    We have been down this road before. Hell play out the year and have surgery right after the season. Lets just hope this is a drew brees scenario, not chad pennington.

Well, Brees was finished after how bad his injury was.

That said, all shoulder injuries aren't the same and they don't all require surgery. Just comes down to whether it heals on it's own.

All League
    Just posted this in another thread:

Peter Schwartz, on the FAN, just said "smiles all around the complex today" about Sanchez's practice. He'll play, he says.

Sanchez will speak to media today.

Sanchez seems to get crushed whenever he gets hit..perhaps he needs to bulk up some? He is a tough SOB though getting up from hits I thought ended our season. Pennington was tough but he was fragile..if that makes sense...let's hope the Jets didn't draft 2 QBs in round 1 that came into injuries early in their career....I feel Sanchez will bounce back from this but his fragility this early in his career (despite only missing one game) is something to keep an eye on.

[QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;3878939]Sanchez seems to get crushed whenever he gets hit..perhaps he needs to bulk up some? He is a tough SOB though getting up from hits I thought ended our season. Pennington was tough but he was fragile..if that makes sense...let's hope the Jets didn't draft 2 QBs in round 1 that came into injuries early in their career....I feel Sanchez will bounce back from this but his fragility this early in his career (despite only missing one game) is something to keep an eye on.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez actually has very good size when you consider his height and everything. No need to bulk up.

He's just gotta be better about not taking hits. Brady and Manning go to all lengths to avoid taking any hits, let alone big ones. Sanchez has to get better at that.

[QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;3878939]Sanchez seems to get crushed whenever he gets hit..perhaps he needs to bulk up some? He is a tough SOB though getting up from hits I thought ended our season. Pennington was tough but he was fragile..if that makes sense...let's hope the Jets didn't draft 2 QBs in round 1 that came into injuries early in their career....I feel Sanchez will bounce back from this but his fragility this early in his career (despite only missing one game) is something to keep an eye on.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If this is a sign of things to come then I would like to move on much sooner than later. What all Jets fans went through with Chad Pennington was hard enough - we really do not need that crap again.

However, lets not get knee jerk here. I say start him on Sunday. Lets see what the kid can do, it should tell us a lot about his toughness. After the season, repair the shoulder and keep a close eye on his improvement. Remember, this is TWO consecutive seasons now that the kid gets hurt behind one of the best OL's in all of football. How much worse would it be if he were playing behind the worst OL in the league? Durability is important as a football player. It doesn't matter if he's Joe Montana when he's playing, if he's very often injured then he's no good to us. When need a QB who can stay healthy and even when he does get injured he can play through most of them?

All League
    Looks like the "sanchez is injured" conspiracy worked well. Not only are the fans distacted from "foot-gate", the myth of Sanchez as a macho man is perpetuated. Mark Sanchez, the only QB in the NFL who is willing to play hurt. :rolleyes: Nice Job.

[QUOTE=patsfanken;3878952]Looks like the "sanchez is injured" conspiracy worked well. Not only are the fans distacted from "foot-gate", the myth of Sanchez as a macho man is perpetuated. Mark Sanchez, the only QB in the NFL who is willing to play hurt. :rolleyes: Nice Job.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yFeC-Omt3c8/SK6Z1ZDjz2I/AAAAAAAAAao/IjytkOstgxM/s400/258Troll_spray.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=92Ellis92;3878922]NFL Sirius radio was talking about rumours (hopefully rumours) that they were talking about pulling Sanchez for the season and that if he was a MLS pitcher, his season would be over.

I did see a stat on ESPN last night saying that their record was a TON better when he throws less, so maybe they will just suck it up and surgically repair it after their last game - hopefully their last game in February :)[/QUOTE]

I didn't know soccer had pitchers. Don't believe everything you hear on Serious radio, and everyone's record is better when you run more.:rolleyes: That's because it means you're winning.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=patsfanken;3878952]Looks like the "sanchez is injured" conspiracy worked well. Not only are the fans distacted from "foot-gate", the myth of Sanchez as a macho man is perpetuated. Mark Sanchez, the only QB in the NFL who is willing to play hurt. :rolleyes: Nice Job.[/QUOTE]

... just so i get your message straight who are the conspirators? ...

... is it rex & mrs. rex to stop people from getting in on their foosball action? unless of course we send them a photo of ourselves in the buff 1st with a return email address ...

... or is it mark s. for pretending to be hurt so he could pull a brett favre and sit out practice thursday? ...

... or did rex, mikey t, and woody johnson concoct a fake injury to mark to remove attention from mrs. rex's tootsies knowing the endgame would be mark s. is one tough s.o.b. ? ...

... also, not sure where you're getting anyone giving innuendo that mark would be the only qb to tough out something? ...

... relax man! ... have a nice cup of spiked eggnog, kick the feet up, and appreciate how your season is going so far ...

l_j_r

All Pro

Yeah Brady's been playing hurt every week for the last 6 years.;)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;3878964]I didn't know soccer had pitchers.[/QUOTE]

... hahahaha ... same thing i was thinking :D ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;3878965]... just so i get your message straight who are the conspirators? ...

... is it rex & mrs. rex to stop people from getting in on their foosball action? unless of course we send them a photo of ourselves in the buff 1st with a return email address ...

... or is it mark s. for pretending to be hurt so he could pull a brett favre and sit out practice thursday? ...

... or did rex, mikey t, and woody johnson concoct a fake injury to mark to remove attention from mrs. rex's tootsies knowing the endgame would be mark s. is one tough s.o.b. ? ...

... also, not sure where you're getting anyone giving innuendo that mark would be the only qb to tough out something? ...

... relax man! ... have a nice cup of spiked eggnog, kick the feet up, and appreciate how your season is going so far ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

He's too dumb for that.:rolleyes:

All League
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;3878967]Yeah Brady's been playing hurt every week for the last 6 years.;)[/QUOTE]

I didn't say he INVENTED the conspiracy ;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3878998]I didn't say he INVENTED the conspiracy ;)[/QUOTE]

Ken, the less you say the better. For yours and everyone else's sake.

[QUOTE=patsfanken;3878952]Looks like the "sanchez is injured" conspiracy worked well. Not only are the fans distacted from "foot-gate", the myth of Sanchez as a macho man is perpetuated. Mark Sanchez, the only QB in the NFL who is willing to play hurt. :rolleyes: Nice Job.[/QUOTE

You're insufferable,smug,petty and pathetic.Merry Christmas