Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Last 100 yard rusher against us.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Last 100 yard rusher against us.

Due to a late scoring change from the NFL, Rashard Mendenhall's Week 15 rushing yardage has been decreased from 100 to 99 yards.

With this announcement from the league, does anyone remember who and when the last 100 yard rusher was vs. the Jets?

Thanks in advance for the research.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maurice Jones Drew.

Week 10, 2009
    Last edited by Greenwave81; 12-24-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Info. Not sure who or when the last 100 yard rusher against us was.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TundraJet;3879031]Due to a late scoring change from the NFL, Rashard Mendenhall's Week 15 rushing yardage has been decreased from 100 to 99 yards.

With this announcement from the league, does anyone remember who and when the last 100 yard rusher was vs. the Jets?

Thanks in advance for the research.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223803[/url]

MJD. And I hear he's out for the game against Washington but the Skins have Grossman at QB so....who the hell knows how that game will turn out.

Still, the chances of the Jets getting into the Playoffs just increased dramatically there.

But I just want the win over Chicago to put a STAMP on the Jets Playoff Ticket.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;3879036][url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223803[/url]

MJD. And I hear he's out for the game against Washington but the Skins have Grossman at QB so....who the hell knows how that game will turn out.

Still, the chances of the Jets getting into the Playoffs just increased dramatically there.

[B]But I just want the win over Chicago to put a STAMP on the Jets Playoff Ticket.[/B][/QUOTE]

+1:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ahh anyone remember the good ole days of the bowling ball with knives? :rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Greenwave81;3879032]Maurice Jones Drew.

Week 10, 2009[/QUOTE]

Good call.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TundraJet;3879031]Due to a late scoring change from the NFL, Rashard Mendenhall's Week 15 rushing yardage has been decreased from 100 to 99 yards.

Thanks in advance for the research.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if he was originally credited with 10 yards on that 9 yard run for a "first down".

I bet that's where the adjustment came.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We kick ass in run defense, but we need to step up pass defense.

We need a pass rusher (or 2) and a killer at safety. Maybe another corner if Wison is a bust.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3879044]I wonder if he was originally credited with 10 yards on that 9 yard run for a "first down".

I bet that's where the adjustment came.[/QUOTE]

Yep, exactly what it was.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone's fantasy football game just got turned from a W to a L

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    another price the NFL pays for using incompetent amateur insurance salesmen as officials (see Ron Winter and Walt Coleman) to avoid hiring professionals and the NFL Officials Union that would arrive on the scene almost immediately after their hiring

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Greenwave81;3879032]Maurice Jones Drew.

Week 10, 2009[/QUOTE]

nope.

Cedric Benson

wild card game, 2009

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3879177]another price the NFL pays for using incompetent amateur insurance salesmen as officials (see Ron Winter and Walt Coleman) to avoid hiring professionals and the NFL Officials Union that would arrive on the scene almost immediately after their hiring[/QUOTE]

o rly? Is that something that's going to happen? If so that's great news...the same refs that are calling games are the same ones from when i watched 10 seasons ago..jeesus..time to upgrade...and can we not have them all have southern accents..ya know..the 'good ole boys'..:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good. As much as the NFL would probably love to bury that gaffe, this will bring a little more light on it. Forget that it was against the Jets...that was just awful beyond words. I mean we all scream about non-calls and bad calls and such, but even the bad ones you can write off as 'judgment calls'.

This one was pure and total failure. 9 yards does not equal 10 yards. This is grade school math. And an entire crew, plus our coaching staff failed to recognize this. I am still perplexed at how this one didn't get addressed in a PC by the NFL. Roger G has turned into quite the 'bury-it-under-the-rug' kind of guy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3879044]I wonder if he was originally credited with 10 yards on that 9 yard run for a "first down".

I bet that's where the adjustment came.[/QUOTE]

+1 That had to be where it came from

What BS that was, there was atleast 1-2 other times that a measure was needed but instead they just gave the Steelers a first down anyways.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycdan;3879202]Good. As much as the NFL would probably love to bury that gaffe, this will bring a little more light on it. Forget that it was against the Jets...that was just awful beyond words. I mean we all scream about non-calls and bad calls and such, but even the bad ones you can write off as 'judgment calls'.

This one was pure and total failure. 9 yards does not equal 10 yards. This is grade school math. And an entire crew, plus our coaching staff failed to recognize this. I am still perplexed at how this one didn't get addressed in a PC by the NFL. Roger G has turned into quite the 'bury-it-under-the-rug' kind of guy.[/QUOTE]

NFL is lucky that the Jets won so no harm, no foul. Imagine if the Jets lost, what a bruhaha would have erupted.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    C. Benson of the Bengals '09 playoffs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TechJet;3879276]C. Benson of the Bengals '09 playoffs[/QUOTE]

Good call, he gashed us BAD. :yes: