Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Jets that are still playing do you miss?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Which Jets that are still playing do you miss?

Which Jets that are still playing do you miss?

Here is my list.

Vilma - Is he the only linebacker we had that could cover? Our guys are great against the run, but I'm scared when they drop back.

John Abraham - The guy can sack, period. Who do we have that comes close?

Danny Woodhead - If only to take his production away from the Pats.

Santana Moss - Used to miss him before we got Edwards and Holmes, not anymore.

Farve - Just kidding, he is making my glad to be gone, don't let the door hit you on the way out list. Rhodes is on that list too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Abraham comes to mind immediately. Sucks we had to get rid of him, though we would've never had Mangold if we didn't.

Abe is still a sack artist though, and this defense would be downright scary if he was here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3879113]Abraham comes to mind immediately. Sucks we had to get rid of him, though we would've never had Mangold if we didn't.

Abe is still a sack artist though, and this defense would be downright scary if he was here.[/QUOTE]

+1 Abraham and Farrior

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3879114]+1 Abraham and Farrior[/QUOTE]

I thought about Farrior, but do you think he brings mre that Scott & Harris?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;3879109]Which Jets that are still playing do you miss?

Here is my list.

Vilma - Is he the only linebacker we had that could cover? Our guys are great against the run, but I'm scared when they drop back.[/QUOTE]

Vilma is a typical 4-3 linebacker, he excels in that alignment. As was painfully obvious, he is NOT an effective player in a 3-4 alignment. Good riddance. I just wish we would have gotten more for him in trade.

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;3879109]John Abraham - The guy can sack, period. Who do we have that comes close?[/QUOTE]

This guy was as fragile as Chad Pennington when he played for us. Always a good player WHEN he was playing. He wanted a long term deal and due to his injury history, the Jets were unwilling to give him the long term deal. I'm glad he's having success in Atlanta, but if he were still here he would have broken our hearts often just like he did when he was here from 2000-2005.

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;3879109]Danny Woodhead - If only to take his production away from the Pats.[/QUOTE]

AGREED. I always like to root for the guy who doesn't stand a chance to make the roster. That's why Mike Devito has always been one of my favorite players. Part of me says, Woodhead is better off with the Patsies as we would have never utilized him as much as the Patsies have. But it does suck seeing him wearing a fag jersey each and every Sunday.

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;3879109]Santana Moss - Used to miss him before we got Edwards and Holmes, not anymore.[/QUOTE]

You mean sideline Santana? The kid who would never give it his all because he wanted a long term deal? This guy always gave half an effort and never really wanted to be a Jet. GOOD RIDDANCE.

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;3879109]Farve - Just kidding, he is making my glad to be gone, don't let the door hit you on the way out list. Rhodes is on that list too.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know how to answer this?! I couldn't be happier he's gone. :yes:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;3879115]I thought about Farrior, but do you think he brings mre that Scott & Harris?[/QUOTE]

Maybe not Farrior now, but having Farrior before the Jets drafted Harris would've been ok with me.

The other guys like Abraham and Moss are like remembering an ex-girlfriend who you were in a bad relationship with. Looking back on it you always focus on the good things and try to figure out why you ever broke up in the first place. As [B]MaineJet[/B] pointed out, there were definite flaws with these guys and they were beyond frustrating when they were on the team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I miss Chad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And jay feely

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://www.ajc.com/multimedia/dynamic/00352/193937_Falcons_Jets_352352l.jpg[/IMG]

Only this guy, and only when I remember he existed here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3879118]Vilma is a typical 4-3 linebacker, he excels in that alignment. As was painfully obvious, he is NOT an effective player in a 3-4 alignment. Good riddance. I just wish we would have gotten more for him in trade.

This guy was as fragile as Chad Pennington when he played for us. Always a good player WHEN he was playing. He wanted a long term deal and due to his injury history, the Jets were unwilling to give him the long term deal. I'm glad he's having success in Atlanta, but if he were still here he would have broken our hearts often just like he did when he was here from 2000-2005.

AGREED. I always like to root for the guy who doesn't stand a chance to make the roster. That's why Mike Devito has always been one of my favorite players. Part of me says, Woodhead is better off with the Patsies as we would have never utilized him as much as the Patsies have. But it does suck seeing him wearing a fag jersey each and every Sunday.

You mean sideline Santana? The kid who would never give it his all because he wanted a long term deal? This guy always gave half an effort and never really wanted to be a Jet. GOOD RIDDANCE.

I don't even know how to answer this?! I couldn't be happier he's gone. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Rex said he could make Vilma effective. I think Vilma's poor play was Mangini's fault. Tanabaum got taken on that trade with that signing delay. He should have made the deal on New Orleans signing him under any circumstances. Tanabaum was just caught napping.

I hear you on Abraham, its just that if we had his pass rush in half our games, it would be nice. He has around half of Atlanta's sacks this year.

Moss was such a great punt returner. And we could still have him, except we had to use him to get Coles back who we should have not lost to begin with.

Farve - What a slime ball, he cost his last two coaches their jobs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, John Abraham, the man who showed up once every three or four games. The man who was always hurt in important games, like the post-season. The man who played ONE full post-season game, sat out the second half of one because of the FLU. Not to mention we don't know how he'd fair in the 34.

Yeah, I don't miss Tampax John at all.

Vilma? Doesn't fit into the 34 defense. Don't miss him, either.

Moss? Missed him prior to Holmes, no longer.

Feely? No. See AFC Championship Game.

Woodhead? Yes. New England would've never gotten his production and he would have done a couple of nice things for us in 4/5 wide scenarios, IMO.

L.Washington? No. Brad Smith has filled his role quite nicely.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3879124]And jay feely[/QUOTE]

Yes, great addition. But I would not give up Taylor for him back.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;3879134]Yeah, John Abraham, the man who showed up once every three or four games. The man who was always hurt in important games, like the post-season. The man who played ONE full post-season game, sat out the second half of one because of the FLU.

Yeah, I don't miss Tampax John at all.[/QUOTE]

I never thought he was dogging it, just bad luck with the injuries. As for the flu, what can you do? When I get the flu, I'm worthless.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Kerry Rhodes???? :eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EM31;3879139]No Kerry Rhodes???? :eek:[/QUOTE]

I stuck Rhodes in with Farve on glad he is gone list.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;3879134].

L.Washington? No. Brad Smith has filled his role quite nicely.[/QUOTE]

I miss Leon on punt returns. Or Santana Moss. We don't scare anyone on punt returns, but Brad is sure great on KOs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jay Feely and Thomas Jones.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pantograph3;3879148]Jay Feely and Thomas Jones.[/QUOTE]

+ Alan Faneca.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    gotta check to see if they are still on active rosters but mine would be.....

b. favre
    c. pennington
    b. bollinger
    q. carter
    r. mirer
    v. testeverde
    g. foley
    r. lucas

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we had Abraham and Rhodes we would easily be the TOP defense in the NFL right now. Although Sherry played a little soft sometimes, he is leaps and bounds better than anything we've got... And Abraham is self explanatory.