Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kenny Tate or Robert Sands?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    The whole FS/SS thing is overrated anyway...
    I disagree. While there are some players who are fine at both spots, more often than not players are separated by speed, ball hawking ability/coverage, and the ability to tackle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    I disagree. While there are some players who are fine at both spots, more often than not players are separated by speed, ball hawking ability/coverage, and the ability to tackle.
    Agreed,in our attacking style 34 ,we need a SS who can run and still be able to attack the LOS and a FS who can cover both sides of the field when our SS is attacking the POA.

The good thing is we have Revis,which should help us dictate where the ball will go.This point also shows just how poor our safety play is because of our lack of INTs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post

Well yea the players are going to have different skills, but I was thinking perfect world. At the "players have different skills" level we're talking JAGs and solid role playing guys who found a starting role.

The Redskins came close to what I'm thinking of with Taylor/Landry but that ended before it ever really got going...Arizona gave it a shot with Wilson/Rhodes but Rhodes is a girl in a man's body...The Giants are giving it a go with Rolle/Philips...two safeties who can do it all and are highly, highly active...Philips isn't doing his part but I kinda hope that he does because that combo could blow minds.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 01-05-2011 at 08:14 PM.