Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: New Story: It's a Wonderful Season. Nah, you know what, it's just kind of weird.

All Jets 24/7
    Post Thanks / Like

New Story: It's a Wonderful Season. Nah, you know what, it's just kind of weird.

It was the waning hours of a quiet Christmas night, when the figure approached washed within the flickering street light. The suburb block had been assaulted by a blizzard, but this round runner galloped by magic, a genuine wizard. He was practically graceful, belying rumors so distasteful. Indeed rotund and hustling mighty proud, the man repeatedly mumbled the*phrase ground and pound.

Myself a failed poet I panicked but wouldn't show it, no case of the yips for a man hardened by rejection slips. Still this was a genuine curiosity, and the situation grew weirder as the stranger unleashed his verbosity.

Anonymous coached...

[url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/matt_waters/?p=571]More...[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, this season is nothing more than failure. We got humiliated on the primetime stage by 42 points in what was our most important game in recent memory. We'll make the playoffs, but once again THAT is just a total disappointment going in as a wildcard.

Rex set the standards that high and I just started to believe. He was the one that was tooting his horn SB, SB, SB. Well all Jets fans knew for that to happen we needed homefield advantage, we needed to win the division, instead we failed on both counts. Now we're scrounging to salvage a wildcard spot. It's Rex' fault that we feel this way. He should have kept his fat mouth shut. Then, if we failed, the fans wouldn't feel as bad as I do right now. We're NOT going to the SB having to play 3 tough games on the road, it won't happen. As far as I'm concerned, it's ALL Rex Ryan's fault.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    J*sus Mainejet Merry F*&king x-mas to you too.:D:D Defeatist. (De-Feet-ist).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you guys s*u*c*k .... jeeez

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3879180]IMO, this season is nothing more than failure. We got humiliated on the primetime stage by 42 points in what was our most important game in recent memory. We'll make the playoffs, but once again THAT is just a total disappointment going in as a wildcard.

Rex set the standards that high and I just started to believe. He was the one that was tooting his horn SB, SB, SB. Well all Jets fans knew for that to happen we needed homefield advantage, we needed to win the division, instead we failed on both counts. Now we're scrounging to salvage a wildcard spot. It's Rex' fault that we feel this way. He should have kept his fat mouth shut. Then, if we failed, the fans wouldn't feel as bad as I do right now. We're NOT going to the SB having to play 3 tough games on the road, it won't happen. As far as I'm concerned, it's ALL Rex Ryan's fault.[/QUOTE]

If we win the Super Bowl by only one point, who cares about that Monday night debacle? At this time we are still in the chase and while I hated the humiliation of that defeat winning in Pittsburgh healed me quite fast! If we can beat Chicago tomorrow, I will be totaly healed. The season is a long grinding affair with ups and downs. Every team goes through them. We beat NE earlier in the season. This is a team with a young QB. He is growing in leaps and bounds. In his firast two years we have experienced some excellent games and the playoffs. STOP talking about failures. We are the Jets of Ryan and Sanchez! The team is not completely finished in REX's style yet. he needs a few more defensive players to dominate. Just give him some time!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have 8-8 talent, so they've overachieved so far.

Anyone who bought into the pre-season Superbowl hype is just an idiot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3879180]It's Rex' fault that we feel this way.[/QUOTE]
    It's actually your choice to blame Rex Ryan for the way you feel.

That's your sh*t, and that's fine, but don't project it on me.

I have no idea what I feel, at this point, all I'm interested in is to win in Chicago.

Merry Christmas.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3879218]They have 8-8 talent, so they've overachieved so far.

Anyone who bought into the pre-season Superbowl hype is just an idiot.[/QUOTE]

8-8 Talent with a Head Coach who helped make them a 10-4 talent...

And yet MaineJet says it's All Rex's fault...waahwaahwaah!!

yeah okay.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Most every team goes into the season with Super Bowl dreams who wants a team that says 8-8 would be fine for me?? We made the AFCCG last year why wouldn't Rex have that idea?? Some fans just look for every reason to grab the negative.. It's like their binky it gives them peace..:P I remember Bum Philips saying;Last year we knocked on the Super Bowl door this year we are gonna kick it in.. They didn't make it but Oiler fans loved the thought.. SOJF not so much..:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It wasn’t my intention to make this overly negative. I tried to make it balanced. I did repeatedly make note that the Jets can still win a title [could! But the regression of the running game hurts their chances, especially with Sanchez battling shoulder problems and inconsistency] Look, there’s been a few controversial incidents this season that will color an otherwise satisfactory overall result [the Jets should be commended for making the playoffs two seasons in a row, but if they say, get knocked out in the wild card round, it’d be labeled a disappointment only because of the hype. It’s not the players or coaches’ “fault” per se, and there’s nothing wrong with having confidence, but I think we can all admit the Jets took it over the top. Add in these incidents and you get a tempest after the fact. A playoff win would help greatly.]

Merry Christmas to you and yours dudes. I’m amazed how fast this year has gone by, we’ll see what happens. It wasn't my intention to label ya'll as scapegoating fans, that section of the article was written in the context of something disastrous happening these last two weeks [like losing 2 straight and missing the postseason] In that case, fans couldn't be blamed for flipping out, it'd be entirely reasonable. I suppose I could have balanced it with more detail, [that happening is possible, but very unlikely] but it's hard to cover every angle when writing in such a gimmicky style. [rhyme, rhyme, rhyme] I thought this would just be a fun thing to do for Christmas, no taunting intended.

Enjoy the holiday.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Matt Waters;3879376]It wasn’t my intention to make this overly negative. I tried to make it balanced. I did repeatedly make note that the Jets can still win a title [could! But the regression of the running game hurts their chances, especially with Sanchez battling shoulder problems and inconsistency] Look, there’s been a few controversial incidents this season that will color an otherwise satisfactory overall result [the Jets should be commended for making the playoffs two seasons in a row, but if they say, get knocked out in the wild card round, it’d be labeled a disappointment only because of the hype. It’s not the players or coaches’ “fault” per se, and there’s nothing wrong with having confidence, but I think we can all admit the Jets took it over the top. Add in these incidents and you get a tempest after the fact. A playoff win would help greatly.]

Merry Christmas to you and yours dudes. I’m amazed how fast this year has gone by, we’ll see what happens. It wasn't my intention to label ya'll as scapegoating fans, that section of the article was written in the context of something disastrous happening these last two weeks [like losing 2 straight and missing the postseason] In that case, fans couldn't be blamed for flipping out, it'd be entirely reasonable. I suppose I could have balanced it with more detail, [that happening is possible, but very unlikely] but it's hard to cover every angle when writing in such a gimmicky style. [rhyme, rhyme, rhyme] I thought this would just be a fun thing to do for Christmas, no taunting intended.

Enjoy the holiday.[/QUOTE]

Who are you?

Did you write the article or something?

I didn't read it. No one reads those things.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3879218]They have 8-8 talent, so they've overachieved so far.

Anyone who bought into the pre-season Superbowl hype is just an idiot.[/QUOTE]

Not quite (but your heart is in the right place :P). They have better than .500 talent but they're not a Conference Championship team nor a real SB threat until they get consistent QB play and an offense that doesn't completely disappear every 3rd week or so.

They have playoff caliber talent virtually everywhere on the roster except maybe the DLine. Between Mangold, DBrick, Revis, Holmes, Edwards, etc. the talent is there to make a run and they WILL make a run, like they did last year. They'll just exit the postseason sooner than we want them too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3879378]Who are you?

Did you write the article or something?

I didn't read it. No one reads those things.[/QUOTE]

:D

What a relief... to think of all the time I wasted trying to spell all those names right...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Matt Waters;3879380]:D

What a relief... to think of all the time I wasted trying to spell all those names right...[/QUOTE]

LOl

I actually went back and read it. Not bad.