Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6th Seed

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

6th Seed

Is the best spot for the Jets to land. If we end up at 5, we'll most likely face the Colts, Steelers, and Pats (assuming we make is that far) As the 6th, we'd face KC, Pats, and either the Ravens or Steelers. I dont know about you guys, but I think the latter sounds a but better.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree but can it be possible if we still win both games? I rather be the 5th seed and going into the playoffs hot, rather than getting easier matchups but go in cold.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY State of Mind;3879444]I agree but can it be possible if we still win both games? I rather be the 5th seed and going into the playoffs hot, rather than getting easier matchups but go in cold.[/QUOTE]

Yes if Ravens win out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather not see New England in the divisional round should we make it that far. Five seed please. Let the Ravens go to New England where they ALWAYS make it a game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer to make the playoffs first before I decide anything else.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3879462]I prefer to make the playoffs first before I decide anything else.[/QUOTE]

Forgot you were a coach and not a fan, Teddyboy. Make sure not to look ahead of the schedule. How's Stewie doing anyway?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3879462]I prefer to make the playoffs first before I decide anything else.[/QUOTE]

yes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

This

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3879483][b]Forgot you were a coach and not a fan, Teddyboy.[/b] Make sure not to look ahead of the schedule. How's Stewie doing anyway?[/QUOTE]

Are YOU a Coach, Gholston Worshipper?

What's up with that response?

It's common sense. Win the damn game and afterward worry about seedings and crap.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good news bad news with the 6th seed.

As it lines uo with the 6th seed we would play K.C.,with the 5 seed we line up to play Indy.Indy even with their injuries is the type of offense that gives the Jets trouble,spread out pick on the nickelbacks,but If the Jets beat K.C then they get to go to the Pats.I think they play the Pats much better than the Monday fiasco,but the Jets will not win.

I think the one team in the AFC that can beat the Pats are the Ravens,they always seem to give the Pats trouble

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3879483]Forgot you were a coach and not a fan, Teddyboy. Make sure not to look ahead of the schedule. How's Stewie doing anyway?[/QUOTE]

Being a Jets fan for a bazillion years I know better than to count my chickens before they hatch. How 'bout you? You deciding whether to defer or take the ball on the opening Kickoff at this years Super Bowl?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless the offense gets going and waters that seed it won't grow.. So no O no Go..:yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You want to be the five seed if possible.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3879573]You want to be the five seed if possible.[/QUOTE]

THIS.

I'd rather take my chances against Peyton than Brady right now considering the butt-whooping we took.

Besides, I'd love to give some payback to Manning for last year's AFCCG.

And this time BRAYLON EDWARDS will be targeted more.....and we got Santonio Holmes. :yes:

(oh and we Cromartie on the other side of Revis, too)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only way we can avoid NE completely is if another team (6 seed) has a shot at eliminating the Pats before we do. That can only happen if Jets aren't the 6 seed. Balt owns the tiebreaker over us, so we need them to lose for Jets to seed higher.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the hell are you negative nancys smoking :) As of right now I want the #1 seed and home advantage throughout the playoffs. It is still a possibility and THAT is what we should be going for.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=johnnysd;3879684]What the hell are you negative nancys smoking :) As of right now I want the #1 seed and home advantage throughout the playoffs. It is still a possibility and THAT is what we should be going for.[/QUOTE]

Now THAT would be great. But I think the Jets play better on the road anyway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=johnnysd;3879684]What the hell are you negative nancys smoking :) [/QUOTE]

Smoking reality.

No way Pats lose to both BUF and MIA.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=innerjet;3879699]Smoking reality.

No way Pats lose to both BUF and MIA.[/QUOTE]

If BUF can pull off a miracle today, anything can happen next week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3879704]If BUF can pull off a miracle today, anything can happen next week.[/QUOTE]

Sure, and a Korean Taepodong-2 test missile can go astray and wipe out NE's bench.