Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official..this country has lost it's balls.

It's official..this country has lost it's balls.

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/26/nfl-ponders-postponement-of-philly-blizzard-game/[/url]

We’d love to know what the Vikings did to piss off Mother Nature.

For the third straight week, the team that once prided itself on playing in the elements faces another weather-related complication. On the road in Philadelphia with a blizzard in the forecast, the Vikings may not be playing on Sunday night, after all.

Asked whether the league has decided to postpone the game in the face of potential safety and travel hazards occasioned by a major storm expected to hit Philadelphia, Boston, New York, and other points on the East Coast, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said on his Twitter page, “Not yet. We’re discussing situation. Stand by.”

The “stand by” implies that an answer could come sooner rather than later.

The easier question could be whether to play the game on Sunday night. (Then again, guys like Dave Goldberg already are balking at a postponement, pointing to the Ice Bowl and the AFC title game played in worse-than-dangerous conditions in Cincinnati.) The tougher question would be when to play it? ESPN owns the rights to Monday night, and at a minimum they’d want a big chunk of their weekly payment (roughly $65 million) back if NBC simultaneously is carrying a game on network television, even if the start times are staggered.

Another possibility would be to move the Saints-Falcons game to Tuesday night, but that would infringe on the slate of bowl games. (I know this only because West Virginia will be playing someone in a Tuesday night bowl game, somewhere.) Also, the Saints and Falcons wouldn’t be happy about having one less day in a week already shortened by the Monday night assignment.

Either way, the Vikings-Eagles game needs to be played on Sunday or on Monday. The Eagles remain in the thick of the NFC East chase, and they have a very real shot at the No. 2 seed in the conference.

Either way, it’s going to be an interesting day. Especially since I’m in New York, and the snow finally is starting to fall.

F*ckin' liberals.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3879637]F*ckin' liberals.[/QUOTE]

hah! little tiny men in suits trying to tell the gladiators where they can split open skulls..this is football..you wait all yeaar for these kindas a games and they wanna postpone it? truly sad.

[IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/nflnyjets/gifs/tanuki-balls.gif[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Johnny Bravo;3879650][IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/nflnyjets/gifs/tanuki-balls.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

This is wrong on sooo many levels. :P

[QUOTE=Johnny Bravo;3879650][IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/nflnyjets/gifs/tanuki-balls.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

lol and they flexed this game! Talk about gross incompetance to the tenth degree...why was this game flexed anyway? Is this the 30s where we can't see Mike Vick run every highlight of the eagles? Really Joe Webb got a game flexed?! Moronic incompetance..hey my 401K still kinda looks ok so i guess i win?? :huh:

Veteran
    Did we really need three sets of Raccoon Balls swinging ? : )

I had a visit from a raccoon on my fire escape here in in Brooklyn NYC a few weeks ago. I don't think I will look at these critters the same way after that disturbing gif.

seriously...

what's the deal w/ football games being postoned due to snow..

its kinda depressing...that's part of the glamour of football...play in all elements

it's due to people getting to the game, it's not about the field conditions.

Would you rather 5 people die while trying to get to this gane because of unpaved roads?

[QUOTE=Gangrene;3879683]Did we really need three sets of Raccoon Balls swinging ? : )

I had a visit from a raccoon on my fire escape here in in Brooklyn NYC a few weeks ago. I don't think I will look at these critters the same way after that disturbing gif.[/QUOTE]

Actually, those balls belong to that of the tanuki (the raccoon dog). In Japanese mythology they use their sacks as a built in stool to sit and "Tanuki may be shown with their testicles flung over their backs like travellers' packs, or using them as drums." :eek:

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3879685]seriously...

what's the deal w/ football games being postoned due to snow..

its kinda depressing...that's part of the glamour of football...play in all elements[/QUOTE]

+1 I remember playing in the ice for free! No pads, no helmets. You hit it right on the head; the elements is 1 of the most enjoyable aspects of football.

"blizzard" 6-8 inches, 20-30 mph..is all a sudden "too dangerous" to play football in. Come on, man...

Eagles Vikings game officially postponed until Tuesday night - Ed Coleman on WFAN

The game has been moved to Tuesday.

Greg Aiello
    Due to public safety concerns + uncertainty of snow emergency in Phila tonight, Vikings-Eagles game has been postponed til Tuesday night
    [url]http://twitter.com/#!/gregaiello/status/19083201616019456[/url]

[QUOTE=Down, Set, Haiku;3879703]Eagles Vikings game officially postponed until Tuesday night - Ed Coleman on WFAN[/QUOTE]

Unbelievable.

Eagles now could have to prepare for what could be a division championship game on a short week.

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;3879696]it's due to people getting to the game, it's not about the field conditions.

Would you rather 5 people die while trying to get to this gane because of unpaved roads?[/QUOTE]

go earlier, tailgate longer. sober up quicker.

All Pro
    This reeks of the JayJay.

Is it that bad to get to a game in heavy snow, because if they are thinking of the fans best interest, i COULD understand it, but then again, not really.

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;3879696]it's due to people getting to the game, it's not about the field conditions.

Would you rather 5 people die while trying to get to this gane because of unpaved roads?[/QUOTE]

People die all the time.

All Pro
    Next, they'll be postponing the NY Super Bowl when it's being played in February in the snow. Morons.

[QUOTE=Gangrene;3879683]Did we really need three sets of Raccoon Balls swinging ? : )

I had a visit from a raccoon on my fire escape here in in Brooklyn NYC a few weeks ago. I don't think I will look at these critters the same way after that disturbing gif.[/QUOTE]

What's disturbing about the gif isn't the Racoon ball-swinging which would be funny by itself...it's the inclusion of an apparent underage girl and what it could imply. THAT is what makes it wrong and creepy to me....

And on a Football-related note, Andy Reid must really be pissed right now with this schedule change....

[QUOTE=Vin;3879716]What's disturbing about the gif isn't the Racoon ball-swinging which would be funny by itself...it's the inclusion of an apparent underage girl and what it could imply. THAT is what makes it wrong and creepy to me....

And on a Football-related note, Andy Reid must really be pissed right now with this schedule change....[/QUOTE]

The racoon is likely underage too.