Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AJ Green or Julio Jones?

AJ Green or Julio Jones?

Which of these two beasts do you favor?

I'm going Jones for pure size and physicality. Green gets the more polished/natural label.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdkKiphw4f4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EglUFT1OwKo

Is it a true lock that Green will go first?

Who's better between Justin Blackman, Michael Floyd, and Jonathan Baldwin? Is there another guy who'll steal the 3 spot?
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 12-30-2010 at 10:29 PM.

Green, it's not close either.

But we won't have a shot at him.....

Green can catch. Julio can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Green, it's not close either.

But we won't have a shot at him.....
    We better be looking at Defense anyway. Several D players & positions

All League
    Julio Jones is the third best receiver in the SEC. Green and Jeffery are both ahead of him, IMO.

I like AJ Green a little better than Jones cause I bet he runs faster (we shall see)

Justin Blackmon could be better than both when it's all said and done. He's a beast.

fwiw the jets would never draft any of these guys, they hate taking 1st round WR. we will know more after free agency but if they resign even one of Holmes/Edwards, forget about WR as a serious target.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I like AJ Green a little better than Jones cause I bet he runs faster (we shall see)

Justin Blackmon could be better than both when it's all said and done. He's a beast.

fwiw the jets would never draft any of these guys, they hate taking 1st round WR. we will know more after free agency but if they resign even one of Holmes/Edwards, forget about WR as a serious target.
    I don't think this thread was created for Jets specific needs, just something to talk about and debate over.

All Pro
    Green by a landslide.

All Pro
    Floyd is gonna be as good as both. Maybe even better. Mark my words.

To say Green by landslide is a bit much there 3 very quality recievers.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

I would take Green. I've seen Jones not give it his all every play.

But I think we're all agreed that in this draft we should focus on restocking and improving our defense.

All Pro
    Green, by a the weight of 100 diamonds. I love Jone's potential, but he's been far too inconsistent on the field for my liking.

Personally, I may be alone on this one but I think Floyd's the one to target. I think he has a chance to be the best out of all of them.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Green, by a the weight of 100 diamonds. I love Jone's potential, but he's been far too inconsistent on the field for my liking.

Personally, I may be alone on this one but I think Floyd's the one to target. I think he has a chance to be the best out of all of them.
    I've always been a huge Floyd fan. All he does is score touchdowns.

Though most of us acknowledge that WR's probably is not going to be a target for the Jets our established guys have been overall a disappointment to me to be honest. Even Holmes who has made some big plays has fumbled often and dropped key passes. Do the Jets even have anyone at all that can be considered a WR prospect that we are grooming?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I've always been a huge Floyd fan. All he does is score touchdowns.
    Totally. I was actually down on Floyd before this year, poppin boners for Baldwin, and Jones, etc... Then i actually really watch Floyd play this year... wow. I mean, that guy goes after the ball. He gets on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Do the Jets even have anyone at all that can be considered a WR prospect that we are grooming?
    NO WE DON'T.... god, it's still december. too early to get me started on that issue.

..f*ck it.

When was the last time we spend a top 2 rnd pick on a fuking receiver anyway? Moss for pete sakes??

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Julio Jones is the third best receiver in the SEC. Green and Jeffery are both ahead of him, IMO.
    Ashlon is the man.

Floyd is a beast too, and I continually just forget about him in the rankings because of the SEC hype. I could see him and Blackmon making Jones the 4th WR taken in the draft.

Who would you guys take between Green and Dez Bryant? I'm a Dez guy through and through...I think he's insanely more physical than Green, and is just as good at going up and getting it.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 01-01-2011 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Ashlon is the man.

Floyd is a beast too, and I continually just forget about him in the rankings because of the SEC hype. I could see him and Blackmon making Jones the 4th WR taken in the draft.

Who would you guys take between Green and Dez Bryant? I'm a Dez guy through and through...I think he's insanely more physical than Green, and is just as good at going up and getting it.
    Thats a tough question after we have already seen how good Dez is as a pro. Knowing that I would have to go with the more proven commodity. However, from basing it off of their college careers I may still prefer Bryant over Green, but its definitely a tough call.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Ashlon is the man.

While Dez is obviously more physically gifted than Floyd, that hunger and "fck you" mode Dez goes into when he goes up after the ball, is exactly what I see from Floyd..

Dez vs Green? Green's easily the more total package, but i like Bryant's psychological game more. He's more likley to be a difference maker in a game. He lives to murder the secondary and score points.

I love AJ Green. When I close my eyes and think "Wide Receiver," that's what I see. I really like Floyd too. I never got all of the Golden Tate hype last year. I always thought Floyd was a much better receiver.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I love AJ Green. When I close my eyes and think "Wide Receiver," that's what I see. I really like Floyd too. I never got all of the Golden Tate hype last year. I always thought Floyd was a much better receiver.
    He is but Golden Tate was no slouch.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk