Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year SouthParkCPA!!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Happy New Year SouthParkCPA!!

Did New York snow crews sabotage clean-up?
    Dec 31 11:40 AM US/Eastern

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is investigating whether the real problem during this week's blizzard wasn't snow, but sabotage by the crews meant to be cleaning it up.

With the Big Apple still reeling from officially the sixth biggest snow storm in its history, City Council member Dan Halloran says sanitation workers told him their department deliberately worked slowly in revenge for budget cuts.

In his bombshell revelations, Halloran told CNN on Friday that three municipal workers told him after Monday's blizzard that supervisors instructed them to take it easy in the midst of the crisis.

"'Don't worry if you miss a couple of streets,'" they said they were told. "'The city doesn't care about us, so don't worry about them.'"

Two other workers, assigned to clear secondary streets, say they were sent to their start points and told to wait for instructions which never came. "They told them, 'We'll get back to you,'" Halloran said. "Six or eight hours later they didn't."

Halloran said deliberate sabotage could help explain why the city was paralyzed for two days, when the previous big storm had been cleaned up in 24 hours.

Bloomberg, who took an unusual amount of flack over the city's response, said Thursday he was looking into the rumors.

"I don't think it took place, but we're going to do an investigation to make sure that it didn't. It would be an outrage if it took place," he said.

Halloran said the culprits were likely individual supervisors with a grudge. "I think you had 100 workers or supervisors who were about to be demoted... (and) wanted to send a message to the mayor."
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

btw- i was down there yesterday; what a fukin miserable mess....a few inches of snow and the liberals in NYC act as though armageddon had befallen the city....next time line up the welfare recipients and hand them each a shovel- the results could be no worse....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    ....a few inches of snow and the liberals in NYC act as though armageddon had befallen the city....
    Paulie is a liberal?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Paulie is a liberal?
    i thought he lived in joisey?

Hall Of Fame
    i thought he lived in joisey?
    He's still digging out...but he has help now

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

He's still digging out...but he has help now

just hope this wasn't his car....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt_r-jO3lKE

Hall Of Fame
    [url]

btw- i was down there yesterday; what a fukin miserable mess....a few inches of snow and the liberals in NYC act as though armageddon had befallen the city....next time line up the welfare recipients and hand them each a shovel- the results could be no worse....
    LMAO!

Hall Of Fame
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

2 feet is a few inches?

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    2 feet is a few inches?
    Doesn't matter. Man up and deal with it instead of pissing a moaning for the gubmint to take care of you.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

.a few inches of snow and the liberals in NYC act as though armageddon had befallen the city.
    Maybe the pussies should be praying global warming is real.......

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    Maybe the pussies should be praying global warming is real.......
    Hey watch it Dean, Don't be treading on algore's BILLION $$$$ baby!
    After all his house on the California COAST depends on it. oh, BTW, it's "climate change now", less sunspot activity= colder weather, cover your asses to perpetuated fraud, GOT IT?
    Last edited by acepepe; 12-31-2010 at 09:11 PM.

All Pro
    just hope this wasn't his car....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt_r-jO3lKE
    Morons. My dad saw a garbage truck plow stuck. The wrecker comes by and starts ramming it from the back, destroying the controls etc. My father (who drives dump trucks for "retirement") asks the plow guy if he tried locking the axles to maybe help him get out. The guy looks at my father like he has 10 heads and says 'huh?'. My dad shows him the button on the dash and the guy makes his way out easy-peasy.

DSNY did a very bad job, worst I have ever seen. Commissioner Doherty is no newbie and knows what he is doing. Most of this was definitely deliberate and criminal charges will be in the offing for san-men who participated.

This was basically a violation of the Taylor Law, which prohibits municipal unions from striking or performing job actions, just like in the private sec...err nevermind.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Quote Originally Posted by acepepe View Post
    Hey watch it Dean, Don't be treading on algore's BILLION $$$$ baby!
    After all his house on the California COAST depends on it. oh, BTW, it's "climate change now", less sunspot activity= colder weather, cover your asses to perpetuated fraud, GOT IT?
    What's hilarious is the fact that Fraud buys a condo at Fishermans wharf in San FranSissy, just feet from the ocean, and then he buys an ocean side mansion in Montecito, all while claiming the oceans are rising.....

And the left's intellectual elite buys his global warming sh*t, while the great unwashed masses laugh at him/them. I wonder just who is more intelligent....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Morons. My dad saw a garbage truck plow stuck. The wrecker comes by and starts ramming it from the back, destroying the controls etc. My father (who drives dump trucks for "retirement") asks the plow guy if he tried locking the axles to maybe help him get out. The guy looks at my father like he has 10 heads and says 'huh?'. My dad shows him the button on the dash and the guy makes his way out easy-peasy.

DSNY did a very bad job, worst I have ever seen. Commissioner Doherty is no newbie and knows what he is doing. Most of this was definitely deliberate and criminal charges will be in the offing for san-men who participated.

This was basically a violation of the Taylor Law, which prohibits municipal unions from striking or performing job actions, just like in the private sec...err nevermind.

In all fairness.... I didn't see this as a huge deal either. $hit happens.

While CBNY used my name to "post the thread", my beef is not the workers, it's the non competitive compensation models used.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    ...my beef is not the workers, it's the non competitive compensation models used.

Hall Of Fame

How did you get a picture of me?

Hall Of Fame

While CBNY used my name to "post the thread", my beef is not the workers, it's the non competitive compensation models used.
    What would be the model you would use for gov't services?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    2 feet is a few inches?
    yes- four days after the fact....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

what's not a huge deal? the dumbass destroying another vehicle to pull out a stuck vehicle?? or taxpayer funded workers allegedly not doing their jobs because of budget cuts??

Hall Of Fame
    what's not a huge deal? the dumbass destroying another vehicle to pull out a stuck vehicle??
    It's not surprising that these guys couldn't pull the car out. Only 8.3% of people from NYC can actually drive anyway

All Pro

I'm guessing you meant the video was no big deal, right? Still, it's pretty terrible if you can't wiggle a front-end loader out of the snow. Shows some serious inexperience.

The response to the storm was piss-poor. As I said, it was handled better in years past, with similar or worse conditions.