Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama & Michael Vick...every once in awhile,

All League

Obama & Michael Vick...every once in awhile,

the REAL Obama shows his true colors...are you kidding me? O has zero political acumen-

he is a bad man

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...jonah-goldberg

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    the REAL Obama shows his true colors...are you kidding me? O has zero political acumen-

he is a bad man

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...jonah-goldberg
    AHHH, imagine if this was, say, Bill Romanowski and he intentionally ran over a Opossum that was knocking over his garbage cans and George Bush said " he's a good football player" ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, AND 95% of the newspapers in America would be screaming for his resignation.

Hall Of Fame

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Muslims hate dogs.

No surprise here.....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    Muslims hate dogs.

No surprise here.....
    Also. Mike Vick's dog fighting ring.

Obama's fault.

There was a school bus crash up in the next county over last week. Friggin' Obama.

Someone left the cap off of the toothpaste. Damn you, Obama.

Some jerk in an SUV took the handicap spot at the mall parking lot. Obama and his cronies.

There is a fly in my soup, waiter. Obamanation!!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

Obama's fault.

There was a school bus crash up in the next county over last week. Friggin' Obama.

Some jerk in an SUV took the handicap spot at the mall parking lot. Obama and his cronies.

Thugs outside of polling places with weapons Obama

All Pro

Obama's fault.

I thought it was a pretty good article if you are of the belief that Vick shouldn't be adored in spite of his past, which is what his talent allows to happen.

I also didn't see anything in the article where Obama is blamed for anything, save for hedging his bets before adulating Vick for his redemptive return as a star in the NFL. Surely you agree that if he was still relegated to backup status (still an NFL player, mind you) that the POTUS probably doesn't even comment on the issue of ex-cons getting a fair shake.

JetsFan2012
    I am continually astounded by how bad Obama is at public relations.

Here is a guy who beat dogs, tortured dogs, killed dogs, all for a little fun with his buddies. Classic bully mentality -- reveling in the suffering of another being solely because you're bigger and more powerful.

Now, the only reason everyone is kissing his ass is because he's playing well. If he did his time, cleaned up his act, and couldn't make it off the Eagles practice squad, no one would give a **** about him.

Vick does nothing to improve society. He provides a divergence for mouth-breathing Eagles fans once a week for 16 weeks out of the year. He's not a scientist, he's not a brilliant academic, he's not a doctor. He does nothing to better the human race and Obama has lifted the Eagles up on a pedestal for giving this brave man a second chance.

Bull****. It's all bull****.

Here's a message from the organization that rescued and rehabilitated the dogs that actually survived Vick's little house of horrors:

Now that President Obama has jumped on the Michael Vick bandwagon with an official call to Eaglesí owner Jeffrey Lurie to congratulate him for giving the quarterback another chance, all of us here at Best Friends are waiting for a call from the White House to congratulate us for giving Vickís dogs a second chance. Iím quite sure that the other organizations that also took on some of the canine survivors of the football starís dogfighting operation are similarly poised.
    Read the rest here, it's pretty poignant. I'm sorry, but Obama is just clueless when it comes to effective message dissemination. He has no political instinct and his advisors are morons.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I thought it was a pretty good article if you are of the belief that Vick shouldn't be adored in spite of his past, which is what his talent allows to happen.
    Yea, it does bring up some good points, and the guy is honest about his own views - but yea, what really got me was that there was no mention of Obama:

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I also didn't see anything in the article where Obama is blamed for anything, save for hedging his bets before adulating Vick for his redemptive return as a star in the NFL. Surely you agree that if he was still relegated to backup status (still an NFL player, mind you) that the POTUS probably doesn't even comment on the issue of ex-cons getting a fair shake.
    And to the larger issue, Vick served his time. I still think what he did was disgusting, but I'm satisfied with the price he paid.

Ben Rothlisberger raped a college girl, gamed the system and blamed it all on "Big Ben, not me - the REAL Ben"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd5KNa9_KyM

OJ Simpson, still walking around.

Hall Of Fame
    What is amazing is that people are more upset about Vick than Dante Stallworth or Leonard Little? What Vick did was outrageous, but he did go to jail and served his sentence.

Obama having an opinion in a private conversation is a big deal? Oh boy!!!!

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Except it wasn't a private conversation; don't be so naive. It was a calculated media strategy cooked up by his extremely misguided communications team.

Just like the "beer summit" bull****. He should just keep his mouth shut on things like this.

All League
    What is amazing is that people are more upset about Vick than Dante Stallworth or Leonard Little? What Vick did was outrageous, but he did go to jail and served his sentence.

I couldn't agree with you more.What Vick did was horrible he did 2 yrs in a max security jail.He has payed a price.To my knowledge he has done and said all the right things since jail.I have a close family member who got in some serious trouble a few years back,the experience scared her straight and she has done a complete turn around in her life.It's possible the same has happened to Vick.

To me what Tucker Carlslon said was worse "Vick should have been executed" Really you gotta be kidding me.

To me this where partisan politics get really stupid.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Except it wasn't a private conversation; don't be so naive. It was a calculated media strategy cooked up by his extremely misguided communications team.

Just like the "beer summit" bull****. He should just keep his mouth shut on things like this.
    Oh boy.

President calls Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie about Vick, stadium plans
    December 28, 2010
    Giving Michael Vick a second chance and planning to turn Lincoln Financial Field into a self-sufficient energy alternative stadium brought a surprise phone call to Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie.

Sports Illustrated writer Peter King reported that President Obama called Lurie recently to praise the Eagles for giving Vick a second chance after he was released from jail following his 18-month sentence for running a dog-fighting ring.

Obama spokesman Bill Burton says the president told owner Jeffrey Lurie that while he condemns the crimes Vick was convicted of, he believes people who have paid for their crimes should have the opportunity to contribute to society again.

The Eagles signed Vick last year after he served an 18-month prison sentence on charges related to a dogfighting ring. Vick has led the Eagles to the playoffs this year after assuming the starting job.

The White House says Obama also applauded the Eagles' plan to install wind turbines and solar panels at their stadium to reduce energy consumption.
    http://articles.mcall.com/2010-12-28...rey-lurie-vick

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

He can call the Eagles and commend them for giving an ex-con a second chance (because it has nothing to do with his ability to win football games and earn them money), yet the Sack-of-Shyt-in-Chief can't call the families of two firefighters who perished last week in his hometown of Chicago. This assclown lowers the bar every day of his term.

JetsFan2012
    Oh boy, what?

And why hasn't he called the Steelers yet for giving Big Ben a second chance? Hell, I think Woody deserves a call too for giving Braylon a second chance as well after his DUI.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more.What Vick did was horrible he did 2 yrs in a max security jail.He has payed a price.To my knowledge he has done and said all the right things since jail.I have a close family member who got in some serious trouble a few years back,the experience scared her straight and she has done a complete turn around in her life.It's possible the same has happened to Vick.
    Yeah, and if Vick sucked this year no one would give two ****s about him. This whole "he paid his price" thing is so transparent. Stop adulating him for running faster than other guys and throwing a ball hard.

To me what Tucker Carlslon said was worse "Vick should have been executed" Really you gotta be kidding me.
    Tucker Carlson is an ass clown, a boy among men amongst political commentators who bought his way into any pseudo-success he ever had. Who cares what he says?

I agree, that's why Obama should have just left the issue alone.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post

And what political position does Michael "doggs" Vick hold?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by acepepe View Post
    And what political position does Michael "doggs" Vick hold?
    I have no idea what his political views are

I just feel this is such a non issue,when there are so many issues going on right now.

Just my opinion.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I am continually astounded by how bad Obama is at public relations.

Here is a guy who beat dogs, tortured dogs, killed dogs, all for a little fun with his buddies. Classic bully mentality -- reveling in the suffering of another being solely because you're bigger and more powerful.

Now, the only reason everyone is kissing his ass is because he's playing well. If he did his time, cleaned up his act, and couldn't make it off the Eagles practice squad, no one would give a **** about him.

Vick does nothing to improve society. He provides a divergence for mouth-breathing Eagles fans once a week for 16 weeks out of the year. He's not a scientist, he's not a brilliant academic, he's not a doctor. He does nothing to better the human race and Obama has lifted the Eagles up on a pedestal for giving this brave man a second chance.

Bull****. It's all bull****.

Here's a message from the organization that rescued and rehabilitated the dogs that actually survived Vick's little house of horrors:

Read the rest here, it's pretty poignant. I'm sorry, but Obama is just clueless when it comes to effective message dissemination. He has no political instinct and his advisors are morons.
    I do see your point for example he hasn't made any calls I assume to any other corporation who have hired ex-cons who are on a good path,but that's society no one is gonna care about the ex-con working in a warehouse trying to make an honest living.That's wrong but that's our society

JetsInsider.com Legend
    +1