Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brunell

Brunell

We can win the Super Bowl with Brunell. He has a rocket arm and is extremely accurate.

All League
    Great thread buddy.

Dumperino

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    lol...i can't believe that actually happened....that is the definition of epic fail

He need to stay away from the quick side-line throws his arm is to strong for those throws

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by revisjets View Post
    We can win the Super Bowl with Brunell. He has a rocket arm and is extremely accurate.
    I'm actually getting a huge kick out of this game, which I usually dont lately.

So I say "OK" to this thread!

Plus, Mark needs to see this.

This may do wonders for him, combined with the psuedo week-off.

-

I can't believe the crap that we spew on this board sometimes.

Pats trolls have every right to make fun of us. Brunell plays ok in a game vs the Bills where no one cares (essentially a pre-postseason game), and now he's a keeper.

Did anyone forget that he's 1,000 years old?

Anyway, he played well.

All League
    This is funny.

We sign Brunell and most here scream bloody murder. Suddenly he is an awesome backup.

This board is so reactionary!

I knew I'd come here and find a thread like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    This is funny.

We sign Brunell and most here scream bloody murder. Suddenly he is an awesome backup.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000 to the eleventy gajillionth power

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

This is funny.

To be fair, the sentiment behind this is prolly more geared towards "omg how bad is Marks shoulder, omg we are in the playoffs next week wtf" than "Brunell is the future!!!"

It was nice to see him still have some zip on the ball, as I for one dont trust Clemens.. and I'm worried about Sanchez's shoulder.

THe "we can win the SB"....well...

All League
    ========================================

Where abouts in Oregon?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    To be fair, the sentiment behind this is prolly more geared towards "omg how bad is Marks shoulder, omg we are in the playoffs next week wtf" than "Brunell is the future!!!"

It was nice to see him still have some zip on the ball, as I for one dont trust Clemens.. and I'm worried about Sanchez's shoulder.

THe "we can win the SB"....well...
    I always liked Mark Brunell and thought he would make a good mentor for Sanchez. But... he is old and I was worried about how he would play if called upon. I feel a little bit better today, but I still hope he is not needed during the playoffs.

He need to stay away from the quick side-line throws his arm is to strong for those throws
    Seriously, how old are you?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I always liked Mark Brunell and thought he would make a good mentor for Sanchez. But... he is old and I was worried about how he would play if called upon. I feel a little bit better today, but I still hope he is not needed during the playoffs.
    Absolutely.

That simple.

Imagine walking away from this game with a throwless Mark, a Clemens- like Brunell performance..... and a Clemens like Clemens performance.

Hollow feeling to be sure.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    ========================================

Where abouts in Oregon?

roflmao... it is what it is fella's.. a game that is a non-factor. im surprised still by the way brunell played for a player of his vintage.. he played better than gholsten lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Obvious troll thread.

All League
    We can all bag on Mark Brunell and laugh at him and make "Depends" jokes, but who would you rather have as a backup QB? Curtis Painter? Brian Hoyer? Matt Leinart? Brady Quinn? Brian Brohm? So, yeah, hes old, but he was more than any of us expected today, even vs the Bills.

So yeah, this thread is a bit silly (well, more than a bit), but Mark was brought in for a very specific reason, and if he can function as a QB if needed, thats just gravy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The numbers still dont lie, he was efficient, and may actually give the Jets a better chance of advancing in the playoffs. Sanchez has a problem with his shoulder, and Brunell has experience. Maybe platooning the 2 QB's next week could also be a option. Nobody really can prepare for it if they dont see it coming.