Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember when you thought...

Remember when you thought...

... "who is going to cover Keller or Cotchery, theyll be too much for a 3rd DB to handle, we have so many weapons. We'll be the greatest show on turf. And with our running game and LT out the backfield, thats just another weapon, they cant cover all them"....

It was training camp and this is what was in the backs of the minds of most Jet fans, myself included..

This never happened.

And for those of you who will scream that "we won today be happy blah blah blah". Our offense and defense looked like a*s for the first quarter and a half, I saw drives stall and no passing game, I saw Bills recievers dropping catchable balls when they were wide open. Eventually a backup QB gave the game to us because he cant read a defense and handle a blitz when its coming. Thats why we won but for the first half the offense still sucked. No Cotchery beating people in the slot like we dreamed of in the summer, and the run totals where nice but that tends to happen when you run the ball a million times against the worst run D in the league and the opposing QB keeps giving you the ball back.

but we'll pull it all together when we play the Pats and be the team we never were all year Im sure. Finally our training camp fantasies will come true and our offense will be shredding the Pats rookie filled D. because "how will they be able to cover all our weapons on offense?"
    Last edited by NYJets76; 01-03-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    rabble,

rabble, rabble, rabble

All League
    Thanks for contributing.

Now, GTFO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets76 View Post
    ... "who is going to cover Keller or Cotchery, theyll be too much for a 3rd DB to handle, we have so many weapons. We'll be the greatest show on turf. And with our running game and LT out the backfield, thats just another weapon, they cant cover all them"....

It was training camp and this is what was in the backs of the minds of most Jet fans, myself included..

This never happened.

And for those of you who will scream that "we won today be happy blah blah blah". Our offense and defense looked like a*s for the first quarter and a half, I saw drives stall and no passing game, I saw Bills recievers dropping catchable balls when they were wide open. Eventually a backup QB gave the game to us because he cant read a defense and handle a blitz when its coming. Thats why we won but for the first half the offense still sucked. No Cotchery beating people in the slot like we dreamed of in the summer, and the run totals where nice but that tends to happen when you run the ball a million times against the worst run D in the league and the opposing QB keeps giving you the ball back.

but we'll pull it all together when we play the Pats and be the team we never were all year Im sure. Finally our training camp fantasies will come true and our offense will be shredding the Pats rookie filled D. because "how will they be able to cover all our weapons on offense?"
    Take the cock out of your ass and put it back in your mouth. Maybe that'll shut you up.

Give me a break...

The Jets had one of their best seasons ever at 11-5 and, without a doubt, have the potential to fulfill their Superbowl mission.

First up, we play the Colts who we came close to beating last year with a rookie QB, a rookie HC, and without a recent SB MVP and future Hall of Fame RB.

Then we play the Pats, who we beat beat convincingly once, and got stomped on by once. Tough game, no doubt, but certainly a winnable game.

If we can survive that, we move on to the Steelers who we just beat in their house or the Ravens who we barely lost to in the season opener (by one point) without Holmes and before the offense started clicking.

I've been a Jets fan long enough to expect disappointment, but to discount this team's accomplishment to date and potential to win it all is just ridiculous.

You do realize that the coaching staff didn't allow Sanchez to throw a pass...
    The Jets were showcasing the run since the backup QB is 40 years old, and this game was meaningless...
    Please dump this idiotic thread...

All League
    What a dumbass post. It's your fault if you were expecting the Greatest Show on Turf reincarnated.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Other than the dumbass OP, who thought that Cotchery was uncoverable?

This never happened.

The closer you are to the embarrassing truth around here the more likely you are going to be savagely attacked and not engaged in dialog. So it looks like you are spot on.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... boo-hooo ... mommy didn't love you ...

... nyj76 meet ignore list ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    The closer you are to the embarrassing truth around here the more likely you are going to be savagely attacked and not engaged in dialog. So it looks like you are spot on.
    I hope you wet the bed tonight. NYJets76 will make you sleep on the couch.

Jets Insider VIP
    The more ridiculous you are the more likely you are going to be savagely attacked and not engaged in dialog. So it looks like you are spot on.
    I fixed your post so its not stupid. Your welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Other than the dumbass OP, who thought that Cotchery was uncoverable?
    R U KIDDING ME!!!! you didnt sit back in the summer after all our deals were in and fantasize about our solid #2 reciever Cotchery tearing up 3rd DB's because Holmes and Braylon were drawing defenders??? Or how about Keller doing the same, it doesnt annoy you that this never happened? It doesnt seem odd that we couldnt score a touchdown in the first quarter of a game against the worst D in football? That even today against that level of competition the ofense we dreamed about still didnt show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I hope you wet the bed tonight. NYJets76 will make you sleep on the couch.
    Oh come on. The post isn't that bad. Everyone was creaming themselves about the talent on offense and Sanchez's inevitable rise to awesomeness before the season started. Instead we got an offense that barely scored any first quarter points and struggled against bottom dwellers.

Sure it's nice to be in the playoffs. It would be better if we had an offense that scared anybody other than ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    What a dumbass post. It's your fault if you were expecting the Greatest Show on Turf reincarnated.
    Right.... as if the entire Jet nation in the summer didnt feel that this offense had major potential to at least be able to score a TD in the first quarter of a game...AT LEAST ONCE in how many games?

Your lying if you say that during training camp you didnt think that this roster of recievers and LT would be a nightmare for opposing teams. And if your not disappointed by the way our O has performed this year then you have seriously low expectations.

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh come on. The post isn't that bad. Everyone was creaming themselves about the talent on offense and Sanchez's inevitable rise to awesomeness before the season started. Instead we got an offense that barely scored any first quarter points and struggled against bottom dwellers.

Sure it's nice to be in the playoffs. It would be better if we had an offense that scared anybody other than ourselves.
    Then it's a good thing there are 4 quarters in a game instead of just 1.

Blame Schottenheimer for anything you expected and didn't see on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Take the cock out of your ass and put it back in your mouth. Maybe that'll shut you up.
    your a genius

Jets Insider VIP
    your a genius
    Only compared to some.

your a genius