Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cameron Jordan vs Cameron Heyward

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by meatboy View Post
    Where does JJ Watt rank with these guys?
    Slightly below Jordan and around Heyward.

And the retarded idea that we can't draft Heyward because we drafted Gholston has to stop... That is just a stupid way to think. If Lawrence Taylor played at Ohio State, some people would truly avoid taking him just because we took Gholston and it didn't work. You treat every guy as an individual.

I'm actually a fan of both Jordan and Heyward but for different reasons. Heyward is the more physical of the two, but Jordan has a fantastic motor. He will chase plays all around the field. Both guys I think will end up being good NFL players, and it really comes down to how good a pass rusher Jordan becomes. I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was very impressed with Heyward last night. The only thing that concerned me about him is that he wasn't using his hands well. I think he made himself some money yesterday.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you could be very happy with either one. Jordan is the more versatile, more athletic player while Heyward looks more like a stronger, safer bet. I would gladly take either one of them at the end of round one, even though I like Jordan a bit more.

As CBNY mentioned, Christian Ballard would be a great option too. What I really like about him, he can play DE in a four man front and be dangerous off the edge and he can go in on passing downs. That versatility is a huge factor.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    Not Heyward!
    No more Ohio State!
    Remember Gholston!
    did you watch the game?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Heyward was a f*cking manimal tonight against Arkansas.

The guy looks to have almost Seymour-esque potential as a 5-tech. If he's there at the bottom of round 1, then I say jump on him.
    Seymour is who i thought of watching the game last night. Watch, he'll prob end up on the pats.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i never understood why his stock fell so low (out of round 1?) ... heyward was always a top 15 guy in my book. Beast.
    You and I both...haven't watched the game yet but I recorded it specifically to see how he'd do so I could write a post about how awesome he is.

Guy is an absolutely awesome talent, and has been since his freshman year. He's been considered the gem amongst Big 10 DL for 4 years now.

Seymour-esque talent though obviously throwing out a HOF/GOAT at his position comparison is just over the top...Jets would be lucky to get him in many ways...more likely they'll have to "settle" for Ballard or Crick. Or maybe they'll just see which of the DL talents fall to the 3rd (I think L. Guy has a shot).

I get to flip my shyte when Heyward ends up on the Pats.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 01-05-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I think you could be very happy with either one. Jordan is the more versatile, more athletic player while Heyward looks more like a stronger, safer bet. I would gladly take either one of them at the end of round one, even though I like Jordan a bit more.

As CBNY mentioned, Christian Ballard would be a great option too. What I really like about him, he can play DE in a four man front and be dangerous off the edge and he can go in on passing downs. That versatility is a huge factor.
    Both Heyward and Jordan can play DE in a 4-3 front too...Heyward played if often in college and Jordan spent a ton, ton of time in Cal's college version of a 3-4 playing in a 3 point stance...He played more 3-tech than 5-tech by miles and miles...much like Chris Long.

Hell, I think Jordan might be be served as a 4-3 DE...He's got a similar body to pro Justin Tuck (rather than the 265 prospect Tuck), a 4-3 DE who has played DE in the Giants' 3 man fronts under Spags and also the much more ballyhooed DT role he took on in their big blitz packages.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 01-05-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching the game...excellent performance by Heyward and on the hands thing the injury was definitely an issue...he's not Alualu or Jordan with the hands, but I've seen much better...I like what they said Petrino said about him..."he's real."

Oh, and Posey is going to be a player. I usually hate OSU players but I gotta admit I like their 3 big prospects in this draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like we could get a really good 34 end in the draft.