Staying at Stanford.

Per multiple dudes on twitter...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, he would be the #1 pick in the draft

Is it the pending CBA?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    But this is a huge risk for him. As a rookie in the upcoming draft he is entitled to get Sam Bradford money. If the nfl gets their way, and i assume they will do then the next draft Luck will get a slot money depending on where he is drafted.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ballsy move on his part especially considering they were watching Jake Locker's stock drop from last year and the money he was losing....there's always time for him to rethink it, ala michael vick....

if i am Carolina or a panther fan i am contemplating suicide....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about 98' when Manning did the Jets dirty, talk about wanting to commit suicide.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If what I heard is correct and he is actually not coming out because Carolina is picking #1 idk how'd I feel about the kid as a scout. Most great QBs relish having the opportunity to pick their team up and it speaks to a bigger point if he is afraid of a challenge.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    ballsy move on his part especially considering they were watching Jake Locker's stock drop from last year and the money he was losing....there's always time for him to rethink it, ala michael vick....

if i am Carolina or a panther fan i am contemplating suicide....
    ballsy? BALLSY?!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cack89 View Post
    How about 98' when Manning did the Jets dirty, talk about wanting to commit suicide.
    '97- but your thought process is right on cue....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How dumb are these kids? How many times do they have to watch players' stock plummet with an extra year?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Staying at Stanford.

Per multiple dudes on twitter...
    With Harbaugh leaving ???
    Couldn't he pull and Elway or a Manning , if he doesn't like Carolina...
    If its a West coast thing, I'm sure SF, would give Carolina 2 number ones, a number two and a player.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really not sure how sticking around to get a degree from Stanford is a bad move. Bradford stuck around, and the new CBA isn't going to destroy high contracts for rookies....not in a league with no minor league systems and an average length of 3 years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    I'm really not sure how sticking around to get a degree from Stanford is a bad move. Bradford stuck around, and the new CBA isn't going to destroy high contracts for rookies....not in a league with no minor league systems and an average length of 3 years.
    Locker was a shoe-in for top 10 if he declares last year. This year there is a chance he doesn't make it into the first round.

On an unrelated side note I am Heyward all the way now. I feel moderately deceived when it came to everything I was reading about him. Unfortunately, as a premed student I don't have time to adequately watch tons of game tape on prospects and a lot of times I have to rely on those who claim to. I watched some tape and wasn't thoroughly impressed, but his bowl performance has me firmly in his camp. I don't think he'll wow people at the combine, which is good for us since there is a chance he'll be available. Completely off topic, but I figured you'd be happy to hear my change of heart about your binkie

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    '97- but your thought process is right on cue....
    Parcells cost the Jets Manning when he refused to guarantee him and his father that he would be selected, and therefore stayed another year in Tennessee, correct?

Bravo to Luck- he's thinking about his future. Education guarantees it. He may make money beyond his dreams in the draft, but if he gets injured or fails in the bigs, he will be productive and psychologically useful to himself for the rest of his life.
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 01-06-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    ballsy? BALLSY?!
    It's CBNY. He always has balls on the mind.

Luck will probably end up being the #1 pick in 2012 but this is still an enormous gamble. As for him not wanting to go to Carolina he could still have done an Eli Manning and forced a trade to a different team. Just don't really see the big benefit of him staying an additional year in college.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^ Perhaps it not about money or Carolina?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    Parcells cost the Jets Manning when he refused to guarantee him and his father that he would be selected, and therefore stayed another year in Tennessee, correct?

Bravo to Luck- he's thinking about his future. Education guarantees it. He may make money beyond his dreams in the draft, but if he gets injured or fails in the bigs, he will be productive and psychologically useful to himself for the rest of his life.
    Idk you can always go back to school and get an education, especially if you have lots of money. You will not always be able to be a #1 overall NFL draft pick and enjoy the perks that come with that money-wise.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Staying just because you don't want to play on a team is retarded and I would be very surprised if that happened. Next year rolls around and Carolina has the #1 pick anyway. If a guy is totally adamant that he won't play for one team just pull the time honored, "We are not playing for you better trade us" gambit.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    It's CBNY. He always has balls on the mind.

Luck will probably end up being the #1 pick in 2012 but this is still an enormous gamble. As for him not wanting to go to Carolina he could still have done an Eli Manning and forced a trade to a different team. Just don't really see the big benefit of him staying an additional year in college.
    don't worry- no one expects a ball less moron like you to have a mind....oh, yeh- and jake locker is going to be the first pick of the 2011 draft....

dumbass...return to your element and go back to starting threads about comic books...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 01-06-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Locker was a shoe-in for top 10 if he declares last year. This year there is a chance he doesn't make it into the first round.

On an unrelated side note I am Heyward all the way now. I feel moderately deceived when it came to everything I was reading about him. Unfortunately, as a premed student I don't have time to adequately watch tons of game tape on prospects and a lot of times I have to rely on those who claim to. I watched some tape and wasn't thoroughly impressed, but his bowl performance has me firmly in his camp. I don't think he'll wow people at the combine, which is good for us since there is a chance he'll be available. Completely off topic, but I figured you'd be happy to hear my change of heart about your binkie
    Locker's gonna go in the first, AND he'll be a steal.

Nice to hear on Heyward...I only claim to watch the all powerful tape too, but I follow as best I can and I've heard Heyward's name as a legit prospect since he was a freshman...I doubt he even makes it to the 30's....the 20's even. Kinda sucks. I'm going to have to root for Wilkerson or Ballard or Powe or Ellis or Guy or Watt.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i know it sounds crazy but money really isn't everything. It doesn't buy happiness and life as the punching bag of the NFC south is vastly different than life as the BMOC at Stanford. alex smith was a #1 overall pick do ya think he's happy? Jamarcus Russell do you think he's happy with the way his life turned out? just being a #1 overall draft pick doesn't guarantee your life gets better.