Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Andrew Luck = Big, Fat Tard

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I am a liberal and I disagree with you completely on this...
    just to be clear, i was trying to be sarcastic. I dont think I was being political with my statements. Everyone loves money. Jets Things was imposing his idea of who I am onto what was being said. End of the day Andrew Luck isn't like other top prospects, and his priorities are different.

I stand by statement that money can't buy happiness. if you don't have money for basic needs, obviously it's tough to be happy but we aren't talking about that type of poverty/rich situation. Luck is pretty well off right now and he can be filthy rich either now or in a year. End of the day that year at Stanford might be worth more than the utility of the big pay day early. The NFL will always be there for this guy, he doesn't HAVE to take the money right away.

Whether it's smart or stupid is a matter of opinion, but one thing we can be sure, life as an NFL QB on a terrible team is alot harder than life as the top QB in the PAC10. There's a reason why that top pick gets all that money, he's getting thrown to the wolves.
    Last edited by bitonti; 01-07-2011 at 04:23 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    just to be clear, i was trying to be sarcastic. I dont think I was being political with my statements. Everyone loves money. Jets Things was imposing his idea of who I am onto what was being said. End of the day Andrew Luck isn't like other top prospects, and his priorities are different.

I stand by statement that money can't buy happiness. if you don't have money for basic needs, obviously it's tough to be happy but we aren't talking about that type of poverty/rich situation. Luck is pretty well off right now and he can be filthy rich either now or in a year. End of the day that year at Stanford might be worth more than the utility of the big pay day early. The NFL will always be there for this guy, he doesn't HAVE to take the money right away.

Whether it's smart or stupid is a matter of opinion, but one thing we can be sure, life as an NFL QB on a terrible team is alot harder than life as the top QB in the PAC10. There's a reason why that top pick gets all that money, he's getting thrown to the wolves.
    Sorry I missed that, sarcasm detector is on the fritz. We'll just agree to disagree on this one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    It's CBNY. He always has balls on the mind.

Luck will probably end up being the #1 pick in 2012 but this is still an enormous gamble. As for him not wanting to go to Carolina he could still have done an Eli Manning and forced a trade to a different team. Just don't really see the big benefit of him staying an additional year in college.

Hey Eunuch boy, When talking about balls keep to what you know best, like, how they slap against your chin.
    Last edited by acepepe; 01-08-2011 at 06:55 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Money is a necessity but I think you reach a point where having more of it doesn't make you any happier. The same is true of anything. Does car number 10 or house number 5 improve your quality of life that drastically?

I applaud Luck for his decision. Getting your college degree is always something to be proud of.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a shame we've reached a point where people look down on you for valuing your education over turning pro and cashing out. He's got his priorities in the right place, and people are ripping him for it? (Not necessarily talking about anyone on this board, just in general).

Yes, he turned down a lot of money. But really, he's going to be rich either way. It's just a matter of time.

Luck is as good a QB prospect as you can make. Sure, there's been other good ones, but he's really the complete package. Leinart's flaws were well documented even the year he was supposed to be #1, people just overlooked them because it was a weak class. Jake Locker was never truly going to go in the early 1st round, because there's too much bad gamefilm of him (and that hasn't changed) and teams were inevitably going to sour on him the more they evaluated him.

And if Luck learned anything from Sam Bradford, it's that you can go #1 overall even if you do get hurt (as long as your medicals suggest you'll be fine by training camp)

I just think it's refreshing to not see someone make the financial decision, but make the decision he feels is right for him. It just makes me like him even more because it shows what kind of head is on his shoulders.