Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another SNOW DAY!!

Hall Of Fame

Another SNOW DAY!!

Already have a couple of inches here in Northern Bergen County and it's coming down pretty thick.

Schools closed, kids are home.

And by coincidence--I bought a bottle of Woodford Reserve last night that I think I'm going to try today. :D

Anyone else getting snowed in?

_

Another 'let them eat cake' post eh?

Why I outta......

Heavy snowfall warnings here in Edmonton for the next few days. When I was in Australia I had a buddy check on my house and shovel the walks if needed for me. (I think he had to do it once.) Now he is gone to Europe and I'm doing the same for him but we've been getting way more snow.....double duty on the shovelling for me.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    sounds like your buddy picked the right time to be out of town..lol:D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3897480]sounds like your buddy picked the right time to be out of town..lol:D[/QUOTE]

lol!!!!!!!!

-

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm sitting here at work in class hoping they get us GTFO around mid-day.

All schools are closed in my area, too. Maybe an inch or two by now (sounds like FF2's honeymoon. :D) When did school districts become such sissies? If you can't get kids to school in 2-4 inches of snow, shut it all down and bury your heads in the sand for the Winter.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3897499]All schools are closed in my area, too. Maybe an inch or two by now (sounds like FF2's honeymoon. :D) When did school districts become such sissies? If you can't get kids to school in 2-4 inches of snow, shut it all down and bury your heads in the sand for the Winter.[/QUOTE]
    you should live in the south. one flake and schools are closed in fact my mom told last night, that a high school kid got killed b/c of ice on the backroads trying to go to school.

i think the schools rather be safe than sorry and probably dont want some crazy lawyer sue them for making kids to go to school in bad weather.

[QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3897507]you should live in the south. one flake and schools are closed in fact my mom told last night, that a high school kid got killed b/c of ice on the backroads trying to go to school.

i think the schools rather be safe than sorry and probably dont want some crazy lawyer sue them for making kids to go to school in bad weather.[/QUOTE]

I can see it in the south, where municipalities are not prepared for snow. But here in Upstate New York, it snows all the time with plows/salters/briners out the second a flake falls. Plus, we are not talking about kids driving, but on school buses.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    WHAT?!?!? Snow day? RU effin me?!?!

Geez, that ain't the NY I used to know. We always went to school thru 2' of snow, uphill both ways....etc, etc.

We are supposed to get some snow this coming tuesday. We shall see.

We got 14" of snow two weeks ago and within a week it was all melted.

A couple of inches and schools are closed? what a joke..made my 50 min commute to work without a problem..

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3897499]All schools are closed in my area, too. Maybe an inch or two by now (sounds like FF2's honeymoon. :D) When did school districts become such sissies? If you can't get kids to school in 2-4 inches of snow, shut it all down and bury your heads in the sand for the Winter.[/QUOTE]

I live in a really hilly town with a mountain right in the middle of it and buses can't get up that mountain to get some of the kids off of it, so we have school closures more frequently than the surrounding towns.

But still, we've had preemptive school closures the night before a supposed storm to wake to 40 degrees and sunny weather.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;3897518]I live in a really hilly town with a mountain right in the middle of it and buses can't get up that mountain to get some of the kids off of it, so we have school closures more frequently than the surrounding towns.

[B]But still, we've had preemptive school closures the night before a supposed storm to wake to 40 degrees and sunny weather.[/B]

_[/QUOTE]

Same here. I have written a scathing email more than once to my school district's superintendent, but always thought the better of it.

Regarding hills: Unlike the "old days",where the school bus stopped at a given point in a neighborhood, it now picks up/drops off kids in front of their individual homes. On snow days, why wouldn't these school officials develop/implement a snow day action plan where kids could be picked up at a central point in a neighborhood at the bottom of the hill? Answer: It would require effort and imagination. All their good at is taxing folks out of their homes and making sure their outlandish union contract is fully adhered to.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3897508]I can see it in the south, where municipalities are not prepared for snow. But here in Upstate New York, it snows all the time with plows/salters/briners out the second a flake falls. Plus, we are not talking about kids driving, but on school buses.[/QUOTE]
    i always laugh when i go visit my parents and it snows. everything shuts down, and people wont drive.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=JStokes;3897518]I live in a really hilly town with a mountain right in the middle of it
    _[/QUOTE]

wtf...Whoville

:eek:

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3897531]i always laugh when i go visit my parents and it snows. everything shuts down, and people wont drive.[/QUOTE]

Except for you, driving and laughing.

-

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3897531]i always laugh when i go visit my parents and it snows. everything shuts down, [B]and people wont drive[/B].[/QUOTE]

Gahead and laugh. You could be a better driver than Bob Bondurant and some dipstick still runs into you!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=32green;3897535]Except for you, driving and laughing.

-[/QUOTE]

I wonder why?

[IMG]http://www.imagepoop.com/images/dildo_gearshift.jpg[/IMG]

I really hope the Jets are able to fly out today. I would hate to end up with some fiaco where they don't leave until tomorrow and all the preparation gets screwed up.....

Jets Insider VIP
    lol....they put chains on the bus tires up here. Pretty safe to assume they only close under apocalyptic circumstances :D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3897444]Already have a couple of inches here in Northern Bergen County and it's coming down pretty thick.

Schools closed, kids are home.

[B]And by coincidence--I bought a bottle of Woodford Reserve last night that I think I'm going to try today.[/B] :D

Anyone else getting snowed in?

_[/QUOTE]

Try? Ya never had it? If not, you're in for a treat, its good stuff. :yes: