Thread: The non year of the OT?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

The non year of the OT?

Scanning various teams it seems that a lot less teams than normal need OT's (LT's in particular) Buffalo, Detroit, Minnesota, perhaps more?

In the past few drafts OT's have gone like hot cakes and high as well. Not all have turned out as all pros but most have been at least good enough to alleviate that teams need for an OT.

2007: 3, 5, 28
    2008: 1, 12, 15, 17, 19, 21, 26
    2009: 2, 6, 8, 23
    2010: 4, 6, 11, 23

I haven't looked at how many good OT's are out there this year but it seems to me that draft boards are going to look different this year than in the past few years with a lower priority on OT's

What does this mean? I don't know, just an observation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The draft looks crazily good at DL though...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like a bad year for OTs as well. Not many real elite prospects out there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Scanning various teams it seems that a lot less teams than normal need OT's (LT's in particular) Buffalo, Detroit, Minnesota, perhaps more?

In the past few drafts OT's have gone like hot cakes and high as well. Not all have turned out as all pros but most have been at least good enough to alleviate that teams need for an OT.

2007: 3, 5, 28
    2008: 1, 12, 15, 17, 19, 21, 26
    2009: 2, 6, 8, 23
    2010: 4, 6, 11, 23

I haven't looked at how many good OT's are out there this year but it seems to me that draft boards are going to look different this year than in the past few years with a lower priority on OT's

What does this mean? I don't know, just an observation.
    The run on OTs has been epic lately...I like to think it started with D'Brick, who was also said to be a top pick in '05 as a junior if he chose to come out, and no one would have laughed if he went #1 in '06. He was in the draft with two other pretty hyped OTs in Justice and McNeill...McNeill would have went in the top 20 if the back issue didn't hit him so hard late in the whole process.

This year there's a solid LT top of the crop with Sherrod, Camrini, and Castanzo but none of them seem to be the freaks of the past 5 year have brought to the NFL...I'd still guess that they're all going to be good LTs in the league.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 01-07-2011 at 08:57 PM.