Thread: Mark Ingram

All Pro

Mark Ingram

What would your reaction be if the Jets ignored "need" and drafted him?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I wouldn't lose sleep over it. The point is to get good players, and he's a good player. I'd rather sign in FA Williams/Jackson and cut LT.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

like ingram but would be dead against the Jets drafting him in round one considering the available talent on the d-line....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    I wouldn't lose sleep over it. The point is to get good players, and he's a good player. I'd rather sign in FA Williams/Jackson and cut LT.
    I think just about everyone agrees that adding a veteran RB through FA is probably the best choice. LT is likely done here, and the fact is they need another back.

Ingram isn't on my short list of players to target for the 1st round, but I'd be super pumped about getting a player of his caliber if by some miracle he's still on the board in the 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    like ingram but would be dead against the Jets drafting him in round one considering the available talent on the d-line....
    I see what you mean. The pick would be silly from a positional standpoint, but I can get over that if they make up for it through free agency.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 01-07-2011 at 09:14 PM.

I'm not sure it's necessarily going to be seen as some great value when draft day rolls around...

All League
    As the NFL shows every year, good to great RB's can be found anywhere. I personally would never draft a RB in the first round as they are a dime a dozen.

Veteran
    Ingrams a great ball player, but unless he starts playin' LB and guarding TE's with effortless conviction then we don't need him. We never replaced Vilma and its high time we did.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    +1

Even if you let L.T. go, I wouldn't really want to spend a 1st rounder on the position. All you'd really need is someone to compete with McKnight at the position, and I don't think you want to spend a 1st rounder on that.

Basically, any pick that isn't defensive front 7 is probably going to disapoint me though (or maybe WR depending on what happens with Edwards/Holmes and if there's a good value).

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm just not a fan of drafting a RB in round 1 unless you think you're getting a Peterson/Johnson-esque playmaker.

I think Ingram will be a solid back, but I don't view him as a gamechanger.

I like Ingram, but man we have to revamp this front 7 with youth... They just look old and unathletic

All Pro
    I totally agree about adding talent, youth, and athleticism to the DL and front 7 in general. But, to me, getting Ingram would be pretty exciting.

Put me in the sucker for an offensive playmaker camp. I'm one of those sheep who will always cheer when they take a flashy name

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    The more RB's the better in my opinion....if hes there take him....you can find great D players and mold them to fit our system in later rounds....top guys don't always pan out....ie. gholston....the guy hasnt even had a sack in 3 years westerman played better in his only game starting than ghost....Rex can work with D guys but a player like ingram can make an impact on O and help Sanchez out for the future...imo

Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    The more RB's the better in my opinion....if hes there take him....you can find great D players and mold them to fit our system in later rounds....top guys don't always pan out....ie. gholston....the guy hasnt even had a sack in 3 years westerman played better in his only game starting than ghost....Rex can work with D guys but a player like ingram can make an impact on O and help Sanchez out for the future...imo
    Can't the same thing be said about top RBs? If anything finding RBs is much easier than DL in the late rounds/UDFA. Arian Foster and Peyton Hillis right off the top of my head. Yea you can find DL late in the draft, but they less often become dominant.

On a similar type note, how would you guys feel about Kyle Rudolph the ND TE? My only worry with him is injury, otherwise I think he's a top TE prospect and a natural at the position.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 01-08-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

On a similar type note, how would you guys feel about Kyle Rudolph the ND TE? My only worry with him is injury, otherwise I think he's a top TE prospect and a natural at the position.
    no thanks....Charlie Gantt of Michigan State in the mid to late rounds or Lee Smith of Marshall in the late rounds...

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Why?
    Why more RBs? Just looking at good players.

I'm with CB here.

Usually we sit here and try to project these 4-3 DTs as our 3-4 DEs since there are very few guys that truly project there, but this year there's so many guys that are really good and who really fit.