Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How high can Powe go?

Outside of Powe being a complete retard or having the worst problems off the field, he's going top 100 easily.

His pure strength is so rare that it's a guarantee. I'm not in a position to measure his mental acuity so that may be the deal breaker, but beyond that, he's fantastic on the field. Great leverage with how low he gets and good pursuit for a man that big.

Oh, and most of the time the Pats do not take Wilfork off the field in passing situations anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Outside of Powe being a complete retard or having the worst problems off the field, he's going top 100 easily.

His pure strength is so rare that it's a guarantee. I'm not in a position to measure his mental acuity so that may be the deal breaker, but beyond that, he's fantastic on the field. Great leverage with how low he gets and good pursuit for a man that big.

Oh, and most of the time the Pats do not take Wilfork off the field in passing situations anymore.
    his character issues are a mile long....i still think he goes late second to third round area as despite the depth of talent on the d-line there are very few nose tackle prospects to pick from...

Iunno...teams have had alot of time to eat his academic problems...he's had them forever. It'll definitely hurt him, but he's going to be a good starting NT in this league so...yeah.

I wouldn't mind trading up in the 3rd after also grabbing one the DE/DTs in the 1st...I really want an awesome DL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Pouha has done an excellent job the last two years but the Jets are thin at that position. If Pouha goes down with an injury in camp next year who do we have? (Jenkins, if he does come back, though a force is not reliable injury wise.)

Devito is an end in my mind and that's it.

I sense on the main main and a bit on here that we are taking run stopping for granted a bit with this team. Neglect the front 3 too much and pretty soon teams are running for 200 yards on you.

I don't see NT as a huge priority early in the draft as we have other needs and players that will fit those needs early.

(In any case we can pick up Terrance Cody in a year after Baltimore cuts him.)
    The Jets have a very big NT on the PS. Rex raved about him in preseason and he has been on the PS all year. Martin Tevaseau. The guy was a force in preseason and then got hurt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    The Jets have a very big NT on the PS. Rex raved about him in preseason and he has been on the PS all year. Martin Tevaseau. The guy was a force in preseason and then got hurt.
    Rex raves about everybody.

Why do so many people want to weigh the future of the DL on guys like Kroul, Dixon, Trevaseau, Pitoitua, etc?

Can we please get some legit, young talent in the front seven...please?

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Rex raved about Gholston in preseason...How did that turn out in the regular season? Rex raves about everyone.