Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk Randall Cobb

Let's talk Randall Cobb

JR. WR out of Kentucky...probably going to declare.

Why isn't anyone talking about him? Because Kentucky sucks? Well, he doesn't.

Great athlete, productive, and one of the most versatile offensive players in the country.

2nd rounder. Watch.

/real talk

All Pro
    Just had a very impressive return...

Watching Derrick Locke, please dont let this kid fall into the Pats hands. He would be just another midget speedster perfectly fitting their system. He should be a good offensive weapon on the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post

Watching Derrick Locke, please dont let this kid fall into the Pats hands. He would be just another midget speedster perfectly fitting their system. He should be a good offensive weapon on the next level.
    Forgot Kentucky's playing today- I'll be flipping all over the place today...

Yeah, Derrick Locke's extremely underrated also. He won't run over 4.45...very good fit for what we need back there.

the pats dont need derrick locke they have danny woodhead. Im not being sarcastic either.

instead of using high draft picks on RBs id prefer if the Jets found some gems and held on to them.

Besides any RB pick basically admits the McKNight pick is a waste, and Tanny isn't gonna do that.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    the pats dont need derrick locke they have danny woodhead. Im not being sarcastic either.

instead of using high draft picks on RBs id prefer if the Jets found some gems and held on to them.

Besides any RB pick basically admits the McKNight pick is a waste, and Tanny isn't gonna do that.
    Yeah, I could see Locke burning up the track and going higher than he's currently projected.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Cobb would be a solid pick if he comes out, though i hear phillips is on an all out blitz to keep him...

the jets should and can come out of this draft with a good WR...better yet WR/RS....there is going to be a sh!tload available at the top of round 2 which will push talented guys into rpounds 3/4....mostly third WR's, which they will need...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post

Well, you cant have enough of them if you are the Pats. But I see what you are saying.

We dont need him, I think we are more than fine with Greene/McKnight and maybe another late rounder/undrafted free agent next year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    Cobb would be a solid pick if he comes out, though i hear phillips is on an all out blitz to keep him...

the jets should and can come out of this draft with a good WR...better yet WR/RS....there is going to be a sh!tload available at the top of round 2 which will push talented guys into rpounds 3/4....mostly third WR's, which they will need...
    Yeah, I can also see third receiver becoming a need next year depending on what happens in free agency. We should also address our need for a second tight end next to Keller. A guy who can block and catch unlike Mulligan and Hartsock who are basically just extra linemen.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Yeah, I can also see third receiver becoming a need next year depending on what happens in free agency. We should also address our need for a second tight end next to Keller. A guy who can block and catch unlike Mulligan and Hartsock who are basically just extra linemen.
    i mentioned two names in another thread;

Charlie Gannt/Mich St/4th-5th round...good blocker/good pass catcher but an intermidate range threat...

Lee Smith/Marshall/5-6 round...solid pass catcher/tremendous blocker but just a short range target...

All Pro
    i mentioned two names in another thread;

Charlie Gannt/Mich St/4th-5th round...good blocker/good pass catcher but an intermidate range threat...

Lee Smith/Marshall/5-6 round...solid pass catcher/tremendous blocker but just a short range target...
    Yeah saw that. These are exactly the type of players we need. Nothing special but good blockers who can atleast catch a pass when they are open and be part of the offense. For a team that relies heavily on the run and on short passing it is criminal to not have a second tight end on the roster that can catch a pass here and there. Hope they correct that in the offseason...

All League
    Big Randall Cobb fan. Awesome playmaker and would be a perfect replacement for Brad Smith...

All Pro
    I like.

He really goes in the 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I like.

He really goes in the 2nd?
    That's where I see him ending up.

I'm no scout, but I did call another SEC player in the 2nd when people were calling me crazy.

We'll see if a) he comes out and b) what other JR WR's come out...

Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post

Great athlete, productive, and one of the most versatile offensive players in the country.

2nd rounder. Watch.

/real talk
    Sounds good.

I only vaguely remember hearing the name Randall Cobb before. I look forward to hearing more about him and possibly even seeing him. I got from YouTube just now that he doesn't panic when a play breaks down and he's left handed.

McCluster was of the awesome in college.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 01-09-2011 at 01:41 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Cobb enters...

As you say, Jets will be looking for a 3rd WR who can return kicks and play WR right away, and Cobb is not a bad choice at all.

Smart, polished players with skills and athleticism...that's the ticket...Please hold while I smoke my Lucky Strike cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post

2nd rounder. Watch.

/real talk
    The recent play of Jet Safeties has reduced the potential urgent need at that position IMHO, so wide receiver, especially a quick slot receiver, becomes a good choice in the third. Hoe does Cobb compare (in game and value) to Jernigan of Troy and Titus Young ?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    The recent play of Jet Safeties has reduced the potential urgent need at that position IMHO, so wide receiver, especially a quick slot receiver, becomes a good choice in the third. Hoe does Cobb compare (in game and value) to Jernigan of Troy and Titus Young ?
    i don't know- i'm not relying on the play of Eric Smith for the 2011 season based on a few solid games where he's primarily making plays in the box....

and Poole was not good against Indy...

Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    Young's a serious deep threat- kind of wish he had a QB with an arm...he would have done even better. He's a first day guy with better wheels.

Haven't seen much of Jernigan but he's apparently a really dangerous slot guy with serious speed as well.

Cobb's bigger and more versatile than both...

Cobb's really a great fit for anyone.

All Pro
    I've only seen two Troy games this year, but Jernigan sort of reminds me of Percy Harvin. He has some serious skills in the open field.