Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post-Colts win it's 2:17 oh no no 2nd King Kong is on Mock

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Post-Colts win it's 2:17 oh no no 2nd King Kong is on Mock

Gone:

LT - I'm being a douche in this mock and treating this win as a sign of a SB run. I'm working with retirements.
    Ellis - See LT.
    Harris - He's worth more to another team than he is to the Jets.
    Holmes - Has all the signs of a mercenary type WR IMO...I like him I'm just not "omg this guy has to be a Jet" about him.

FA:

Braylon Edwards - I think he wants to be a Jet, and I think the Jets want to keep him.
    Cromartie
    DeAngelo Williams - Say hello to revamped running game.
    Dante Rosario - I like the idea of signing a talented 2nd TE.

Trade back with Houston for their 2nd, 4th, and 5th round pick.

2: Robert Sands - IMO has Adrian Wilson type upside. I think he'll be able to run with guys like Gronkwoski and Hernandez in the division. Or possibly I'm just saying that to make conversation.

3: Phil Taylor - Appears to have 15 minutes in the draft process coming up, and I'm down to join. He's big and he's got talent.

4: Pernell McPhee - Sleeper DE prospect for the 2nd day.

4: Nate Irving - ILB propsect from NC State. Hard hitter.

5: Greg Little - UNC WR has some sick skills, but I think there's stuff bad stuff that'll keep him from being a high end WR prospect.

5: Sam Acho - Solid, experienced pass rusher from the Longhorns. Maybe get a couple years of Mark Anderson-esque performance out of him early.

6: Aldrick Robinson - Small school WR...small and fast type.

7: Colby Whitlock - I'm going to have him in every mock as either a late pick or an UDFA.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    -Ugh, I hate losing a 2nd rounder for Cromartie- he's such a flawed CB. But you pretty much have to lock him up to help validate that trade. Nothing big though- 2 or 3 years...

-I want Tomlinson back. Still think he adds a lot of value in terms of his versatility and leadership, and he's had a very solid year.

-Cut Woody and let's roll with Hunter/Ducasse at RT. No big cap hit?

-I would rather tag Harris and then trade him then let him walk.

-Bye-bye Bryan Thomas.

-Please bring in a competent back-up QB to push Sanchez. He's still not good.

-Starting to favor Braylon over Santonio, even though that's based more on emotion than logic.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    -Ugh, I hate losing a 2nd rounder for Cromartie- he's such a flawed CB. But you pretty much have to lock him up to help validate that trade. Nothing big though- 2 or 3 years...

-I want Tomlinson back. Still think he adds a lot of value in terms of his versatility and leadership, and he's had a very solid year.

-Bye-bye Bryan Thomas.

-Starting to favor Braylon over Santonio, even though that's based more on emotion than logic.
    It's based upon logic as well. Holmes makes so many boneheaded plays, its unbelieveable. WTF was he thinking on that punt return?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

-Bye-bye Bryan Thomas.

Depends on how much he wants. No way in hell I pay him anything resembling elite money. Maybe a 2 year deal to allow Wilson to continue developing. Cro is a one trick pony, can only play press man and is only really good against tall deep ball receivers.

Tomlinson is under contract so we don't have to actually resign him.

Woody is a cap savings according to Jason, he was playing well prior to his injury.

Agree on Thomas we need an upgrade.

Sanchez... idk whether it's the shoulder or a technical issue... someone who can shed some light on WHY his accuracy is on and off would be greatly appreciated. I posted it on the Strip but well... you know how that place is lol.

Braylon over Santonio has always been my thought. Braylon may not be perfect, but Santonio has made way too many boneheaded plays to endear himself to me (god he lucked out with that punt... what the f*ck was he thinking)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

-Bye-bye Bryan Thomas.

Not many names...I wouldn't mind taking one of the Giants' backups Rosenfels/Sorgi...maybe Seneca Wallace or something.

I'd rather get something of value for Harris too...Woody and Thomas are two of the best cut candidates on the roster, no offense to either...wouldn't mind LT back at all.

Completely agreed on Cromartie...mostly because of the 2nd...we could be alot worse off at the #2 CB position for the next 2-3 seasons. I wouldn't mind tagging and trading him but the 2nd rounder he already cost makes that way less likely with him.

That is one terrible mock I wrote.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Gone:

LT - I'm being a douche in this mock and treating this win as a sign of a SB run. I'm working with retirements. I agree
    Ellis - See LT. Keep him another year
    Harris - He's worth more to another team than he is to the Jets. I don't think Rex would let him go.
    Holmes - Has all the signs of a mercenary type WR IMO...I like him I'm just not "omg this guy has to be a Jet" about him. I agree

FA:

Braylon Edwards - I think he wants to be a Jet, and I think the Jets want to keep him. Absolutely must keep him. Probably my favorite Jet as well.
    Cromartie
    DeAngelo Williams - Say hello to revamped running game. I love it but can they afford him?
    Dante Rosario - I like the idea of signing a talented 2nd TE. Me too. Hartsock blows.

Trade back with Houston for their 2nd, 4th, and 5th round pick. Trading back would be nice for once

2: Robert Sands - IMO has Adrian Wilson type upside. I think he'll be able to run with guys like Gronkwoski and Hernandez in the division. Or possibly I'm just saying that to make conversation. I like the player, but I'd rather go with a different position in this spot and grab someone like Jarret a little later on.

3: Phil Taylor - Appears to have 15 minutes in the draft process coming up, and I'm down to join. He's big and he's got talent. Good call, hope he lasts this long.

4: Pernell McPhee - Sleeper DE prospect for the 2nd day. I don't know anything about his guy.

4: Nate Irving - ILB propsect from NC State. Hard hitter. Same with this one.

5: Greg Little - UNC WR has some sick skills, but I think there's stuff bad stuff that'll keep him from being a high end WR prospect. Love this guy's upside.

5: Sam Acho - Solid, experienced pass rusher from the Longhorns. Maybe get a couple years of Mark Anderson-esque performance out of him early. Like it.

6: Aldrick Robinson - Small school WR...small and fast type. No idea who he is.

7: Colby Whitlock - I'm going to have him in every mock as either a late pick or an UDFA.
    Responses are above.

Overall I really like it. I'd rather take the money you have alloted for D. Williams and spend it on Lawson then draft a RB like Graig Cooper in the 4th/5th

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Depends on how much he wants. No way in hell I pay him anything resembling elite money. Maybe a 2 year deal to allow Wilson to continue developing. Cro is a one trick pony, can only play press man and is only really good against tall deep ball receivers.

Tomlinson is under contract so we don't have to actually resign him.

Woody is a cap savings according to Jason, he was playing well prior to his injury.

Agree on Thomas we need an upgrade.

Sanchez... idk whether it's the shoulder or a technical issue... someone who can shed some light on WHY his accuracy is on and off would be greatly appreciated. I posted it on the Strip but well... you know how that place is lol.

Braylon over Santonio has always been my thought. Braylon may not be perfect, but Santonio has made way too many boneheaded plays to endear himself to me (god he lucked out with that punt... what the f*ck was he thinking)
    1) So we'll take a hit if we cut him? If so, keep him. If not, Hunter's barely a downgrade, if at all.

We need to steal Jason and keep him in this forum.

2) Landing Strip sucks. Everytime I go there I get some prick response. I'm just going to be going there to troll from now on...FYI if you see retarded posts from me.

Anyways, Sanchez accuracy? Over-striding for sure. Otherwise? IDK. I don't remember him being this inaccurate when he was at USC, but IDK.

We were so much more talented than the Colts, it's actually kind of shameful we had to win on a last second FG.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is one terrible mock I wrote.
    Nah, it's alright.

The Nate Irving pick rocks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Responses are above.

Overall I really like it. I'd rather take the money you have alloted for D. Williams and spend it on Lawson then draft a RB like Graig Cooper in the 4th/5th
    McPhee is a little like Alex Carrington from last year. Irving...well Irving's a good LB with some nice athleticism and production in college.

My dream offseason still contains Manny Lawson and possibly Barry Cofield in FA.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) So we'll take a hit if we cut him? If so, keep him. If not, Hunter's barely a downgrade, if at all.
    Woody would save us 3.24 million against the cap if he was cut, but we would still be paying him 1.02 million. Keeping him would cost all 4.26 million.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    Woody would save us 3.24 million against the cap if he was cut, but we would still be paying him 1.02 million. Keeping him would cost all 4.26 million.
    I'll take it. Bye Woody.

P.S. You're hired as the draft forum's cap guru.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll take it. Bye Woody.

P.S. You're hired as the draft forum's cap guru.
    Don't credit me it's all here: http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary11.html

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gone:

LT - I'm being a douche in this mock and treating this win as a sign of a SB run. I'm working with retirements.
    Ellis - See LT.
    Harris - He's worth more to another team than he is to the Jets.
    Holmes - Has all the signs of a mercenary type WR IMO...I like him I'm just not "omg this guy has to be a Jet" about him.

FA:

Braylon Edwards - I think he wants to be a Jet, and I think the Jets want to keep him.
    Cromartie

Corners are always at a premium he will cost much more than Bodden Say 5 years 6 mill per with about 1/2 in a bonus.

DeAngelo Williams - Say hello to revamped running game.

Same as above, you got expensive taste

Dante Rosario - I like the idea of signing a talented 2nd TE.

Trade back with Houston for their 2nd, 4th, and 5th round pick.

Who is Houston trading up for and why is he worth 1/2 thier draft to a 5 win team?

2: Robert Sands - IMO has Adrian Wilson type upside. I think he'll be able to run with guys like Gronkwoski and Hernandez in the division. Or possibly I'm just saying that to make conversation.

I agree, but pick 42 is kind of early for him, how will he cover The Ray Rices, Woodhead type backs coming out, i just dont see him being able to cut break down than fast, I like him about a round later and just as a situational player.

3: Phil Taylor - Appears to have 15 minutes in the draft process coming up, and I'm down to join. He's big and he's got talent.

I dont see him lasting till pick 90.

4: Pernell McPhee - Sleeper DE prospect for the 2nd day.

Why do you think of him as a sleeper? I think he is one of the top 10 DE

4: Nate Irving - ILB propsect from NC State. Hard hitter.
    Nice pick, if your going to lose Harris.

5: Greg Little - UNC WR has some sick skills, but I think there's stuff bad stuff that'll keep him from being a high end WR prospect.

Again, no way he lasts till #150

5: Sam Acho - Solid, experienced pass rusher from the Longhorns. Maybe get a couple years of Mark Anderson-esque performance out of him early.

same as above

6: Aldrick Robinson - Small school WR...small and fast type.

What do you do with Smith?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    Don't credit me it's all here: http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary11.html
    I SAID YOU'RE HIRED

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I SAID YOU'RE HIRED
    Alright, I wont turn down a job.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What do you do with Smith?
    Like Harris, might/should outprice himself here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    D-Willy? I'd cry tears of joy and likely get homo erection if that happened. Him and Greene... oh god.. ohhh god yes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    D-Willy? I'd cry tears of joy and likely get homo erection if that happened. Him and Greene... oh god.. ohhh god yes.
    lmao

for Drew Willy?

haha jk. I think most of us would be sporting wood if the Jets signed DeAngelo. He's still in his prime and doesn't have many miles on those legs -- dude can run the rock.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I really want Stephen Jackson, but Williams will come cheaper and who knows if St. Louis would actually let Jackson go.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really want Stephen Jackson, but Williams will come cheaper and who knows if St. Louis would actually let Jackson go.
    fck Jackson, are you kidding me? That guy's got less tread on his tires than Al bundy's dodge. He's absolutely going to shaun alexander on us in the next year or so.

Williams has beasted in an offense that had no vertical game (much like Jackson) but with hardly any wear and tear. Behind our o-line? he might run for 2,500