Thread: I need a place to watch the Div game in Burlington VT... Any help?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I need a place to watch the Div game in Burlington VT... Any help?

I will be in Burlington VT for the divisional game. I have the option of watching the game at the B&B where we'll be staying but I'd rather be out in enemy territory.

Any suggestions?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burlington is a divided city between the Giants and the Patriots. I'd say that there are more Giants fans than Patriots.

My daughter lives up there so I'll ask her if she knows of any sports bars. Most would be crowded with college kids.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you go over to Plattsburgh, you just may find a friendlier atmosphere with all the college kids.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;3903230]If you go over to Plattsburgh, you just may find a friendlier atmosphere with all the college kids.[/QUOTE]

I was one of them back in the day, they will be DRUNK and fun. :yes: :D Just take the ferry ride over.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went to college there--definitely divided. I'd go to RJ's or what ales you if you're right in town. You'll find jets fans.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Banks81;3903187]I will be in Burlington VT for the divisional game. I have the option of watching the game at the B&B where we'll be staying but I'd rather be out in enemy territory.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Akes Place on Church street in Burlington always has a good chunk of Jets fans. Free pizza at half time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VERMONT JET;3903474]Akes Place on Church street in Burlington always has a good chunk of Jets fans. Free pizza at half time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to everyone for suggestions. I might try this place.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=j.man;3903472]I went to college there--definitely divided. [B]I'd go to RJ's[/B] or what ales you if you're right in town. You'll find jets fans.[/QUOTE]

I had to re-read this, it's my name. :eek: :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Banks81;3903187]I will be in Burlington VT for the divisional game. I have the option of watching the game at the B&B where we'll be staying but I'd rather be out in enemy territory.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Try a bar

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    you CANNOT watch a game at a b and b!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;3904637]Try a bar[/QUOTE]

Thanks momo. I would have never thought of that.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where in Burlington are you going to be? I'll be at the Buffalo Wild Wings in S. Burlington. A MUCH better place than any bar in the city IMHO. There are a ton of Jets fans there too.
    Last edited by vermonster; 01-10-2011 at 02:46 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=vermonster;3905014]Where in Burlington are you going to be? I'll be at the Buffalo Wild Wings in S. Burlington. A MUCH better place than any bar in the city IMHO. There are a ton of Jets fans there too.[/QUOTE]

I'll be staying on Willard Street in Burlington. I think is a short walk up the hill from Church Street.

How far is S. Burlington and Buffalo Wild Wings from there?

We were originally scheduled to leave on Sunday afternoon but I extended my stay an extra day so that I won't be driving back to Jersey while the game is on. My wife is convinced that I'll get my ass kicked wearing a Jets jersey in Pats* country, but I'll take my chances.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Banks81;3903187]I will be in Burlington VT for the divisional game. [B] I have the option of watching the game at the B&B where we'll be staying [/B]but I'd rather be out in enemy territory.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Stay in. Nothing says playoff football like a Bed and Breakfast.

This is the long weekend you were looking advice about, yes? Should be pretty up there with the snow.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3906141]Stay in. Nothing says playoff football like a Bed and Breakfast.

This is the long weekend you were looking advice about, yes? Should be pretty up there with the snow.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is the weekend I was asking for ideas about. I decided on Burlington VT rather than Newport RI. We can skii/snowshoe/dogsled in VT so I'd rather do that now and then go to Newport in the spring/summer when we can take advantage of the sailing and whatnot.

This is where we are staying:

[IMG]http://www.concierge.com/images/destinations/hotels/usa/vermont/willardstreetinn/vermont_hotel_001p.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Banks81; 01-11-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3903427]I was one of them back in the day, they will be DRUNK and fun. :yes: :D Just take the ferry ride over.[/QUOTE]

It's JANUARY. Banks can just drive across the lake. Alcohol makes you buoyant, so get really hammered before the short trip.

This would be a great time to drink grain alcohol. :yes: