Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ambien Tripping

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Ambien Tripping

I used to have a script for AMbien due to my 24/48 schedule wreaking havoc with my sleep schedule. Benadryl makes me feel like I was on a bender the night before and the othe OTC stuff like Valerian and melatonin is all B.S., so AMbien is the only stuff that helps me sleep....and unlike all the crazy stories I've heard about the stuff (sleep driving etc) I haven't had any over the top crazy stuff happen

That being said, I discovered a pleasant and fun "sideeffect" of the stuff. I found that when I take Ambien and then "fight it", its like a nice, peasant little "trip". Its funny that sometimes we'll be talking, and my wife will turn to me after aparticularly strange comment and call me out on it..."You're on AMBIEN!!" I also find that when on Ambien, the 'ol sex drive goes into high gear....

And an AMbien with a drink or two can be a LOT of fun. Just don't do it when you're alone.

Anyone else here having the occasional AMbien fun?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Crazy story indeed. Just be careful not to get hammered on the booze while AMbiening.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Makes sense.

The last time I mentioned having trouble sleeping to my Doc, he got that deer in the headlights look like I asked him for a tenth refill on an Oxy precription. (never had one)

He gave me six pills.:(

I couldnt understand what the big deal was and he mentioned that it could be abused. I was like, wtf, sleeping pills?

Now I know.

THANKS ALOT, RICHARD PRYOR!!!!!

:rolleyes::steamin:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3903973] I also find that when on Ambien, the 'ol sex drive goes into high gear....

[/QUOTE]
    are you saying it puts a Tiger Woods in your tank?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's freakin' scary - buddy of mine who was on chemo was prescribed Ambien to help him sleep....he was doing alright until one night his mom had to wake him because he was naked in the kitchen trying to fry up some eggs.....he had no idea how he got there.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe if I show the doc the bags under my eyes I can get some too.... [IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/fishooked/smilies/confused0006.gif[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3903973]I used to have a script for AMbien due to my 24/48 schedule wreaking havoc with my sleep schedule. Benadryl makes me feel like I was on a bender the night before and the othe OTC stuff like Valerian and melatonin is all B.S., so AMbien is the only stuff that helps me sleep....and unlike all the crazy stories I've heard about the stuff (sleep driving etc) I haven't had any over the top crazy stuff happen

That being said, I discovered a pleasant and fun "sideeffect" of the stuff. I found that when I take Ambien and then "fight it", its like a nice, peasant little "trip". Its funny that sometimes we'll be talking, and my wife will turn to me after aparticularly strange comment and call me out on it..."You're on AMBIEN!!" I also find that when on Ambien, the 'ol sex drive goes into high gear....

And an AMbien with a drink or two can be a LOT of fun. Just don't do it when you're alone.

Anyone else here having the occasional AMbien fun?[/QUOTE]

As long as you don't start hearing "All Along the Watchtower" I think you'll be OK.:D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    My unit and I used ambien a lot when we traveled overseas. It is EXTREMELY dangerous to mix ambien and alcohol. One guy hallucinated and injured himself. Do as you wish, but playing with drugs for "side effects" can just lead to nothing good.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3904164]My unit and I used ambien a lot when we traveled overseas. It is EXTREMELY dangerous to mix ambien and alcohol. One guy hallucinated and injured himself. Do as you wish, but playing with drugs for "side effects" can just lead to nothing good.[/QUOTE]

No sense in polluting a good trip with booze. Keep them seperate, very solid advice. Either that or you may never wake up again, scary stuff.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have extreme trouble sleeping and take Melatonin. It works some of the time but I'm scared to death of taking anything else. I dont trust doctors now a days and they'll prescribe me something I don't need or will have a bad reaction to it. Sleep meds are very messed up and can make you feel like you weigh 1,000 lbs when you wake up. That or I'm eating too much pizza before I go to sleep.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sleeping pills scare me. I feel like they could be incredibly addicting... is there any worse feeling than sleep deprivation?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3904232]Sleeping pills scare me. I feel like they could be incredibly addicting... is there any worse feeling than sleep deprivation?[/QUOTE]

Mondays

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you make threads when you are AMbiening? ;):P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol....haven't tried Ambien yet, but it seems like I should.

I took some pill over the summer to help me "sleep". Stuff was awesome....1/2 hour after I took it, I could no longer speak any words that had more than 2 syllables...no matter how had I tried, I just couldn't make my do it.

Good times....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3904164]My unit[/QUOTE]

Is it a big unit?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I work off hours (230a-1030a) and I am immune to the OTC stuff at this point. I could pop 4 Unisoms and still have trouble falling asleep.

I've thought about getting a script for Ambien, but it's stories like these that scare the hell out of me. It sounds more like something I'd try for kicks on a day off but never use to actually sleep when I have work.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3904232]Sleeping pills scare me. I feel like they could be incredibly addicting[/QUOTE]

what a ghey.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peebag;3904116] he was naked in the kitchen trying to fry up some eggs......[/QUOTE]

Crap, I should slip some in my wifes red wine. Two birds with one stone.

:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3904293]lol....haven't tried Ambien yet, but it seems like I should.

I took some pill over the summer to help me "sleep". Stuff was awesome....1/2 hour after I took it, I could no longer speak any words that had more than 2 syllables...no matter how had I tried, I just couldn't make my do it.

Good times....[/QUOTE]

My wife gave me some adavan(sp?) to help me relax and sleep once. I had very cosmic dreams and when I woke up I sensed I felt every inch of my mattress, which was possibly the most perfect mattress ever made. I then started babbling about how about you can never pay too much money for a quality mattress.

Rest of the pills were flushed, although my wife denies it. I tore apart our bathroom ten times looking for more of them. No dice.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3903973]I used to have a script for AMbien due to my 24/48 schedule wreaking havoc with my sleep schedule. Benadryl makes me feel like I was on a bender the night before and the othe OTC stuff like Valerian and melatonin is all B.S., so AMbien is the only stuff that helps me sleep....and unlike all the crazy stories I've heard about the stuff (sleep driving etc) I haven't had any over the top crazy stuff happen

Anyone else here having the occasional AMbien fun?[/QUOTE]

Since you are abusing Ambien, I suggest that you mail me the remaining Rx quantities immediately.