Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WRs we'll look at; (u know.. those 4th rnd guys)

All Pro

WRs we'll look at; (u know.. those 4th rnd guys)

So with one pick (at this time) in the first 90 picks... hold on. F*CK. F*CK that sucks...

ahem, anyways so as i was saying, 1 pick in 90, so we'll probaby looking at a WR no earlier than the 4th. if at all. Which i do think we need to start grooming a couple guys. We have no one behind out starters.

So clearly we won't be taking Floyd, or Baldwin... or Jones... or Blackmon.. F*CK. F*CK. every freaking year we pass on the big name Wideouts...

sigh. sorry again.

SO:

Ronald Johnson? I like his size and speed. Make a good complement to Braylon. Makes plays in space.

Matt Szczur? I barely saw any of this guy, but he has the all purpose tag about him. A little Percy if you will. Any takers?

There's also that freak from S.Miss Deandre or some Brown, 6'6 and 220+, could be a PS guy for later on.

Thoughts?

Ryan Whalen frrom Stanford in the 5th/6th....though Brown falling to the 4th would be tempting.

IMO Ronald Johnson would be an outstanding pick at the end of third, the guy has speed, can return kicks, and the Jets seem to be drafting guys out of that USC program...
    My sixth round Pick is WR Cecil Short out of Mount Union, size and speed guy, and does everything...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Jeff Maehl is the guy I really like in the later rounds and he just had a huge performance in the National Championship game.

Perfect slot guy IMO.

All Pro

Ron John for the 3rd/4th

Randall Cobb

Greg Little

Devier Posey is my fav mid round guy but he prob won't come out.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 01-11-2011 at 10:40 AM.

All League
    I'm 100% in favor of the Jets looking at drafting a slot receiver in rd 4/5 or later

Here's a list of some of my favorites that will be later round picks:

Ryan Whalen, Stanford - Solid receiver that isn't afraid to go over the middle.

Dane Sanzenbacher, OSU - Tough SOB, smart player. Will sacrifice his body and never drops the ball.

Cecil Shorts, Mount Union - extremely fast and very productive. Sleeper!! might be better as an all purpose player.

Niles Paul, Nebraska - not very fast, awesome hands.

Jerrel Jernigan, Troy - small player that is electric and great returner.

Jeff Maehl, Oregon - underrated, catches everything. Love his potential, may go higher than Rd 4.

Gerald Jones - Tennessee - quick catches slants and crossing routes.

Marquis Maze, Bama - great hands, good returner.

Jeremy Kerley, TCU - IMO, an ideal slot receiver, runs great routes. One of the best returners in the country.

so... do we think the Jets resign only one of Holmes/Edwards? who is this draft pick replacing? Cotchery?

I could see a pick of a QB/slash/return type to replace Brad Smith. Someone like Tyrod Taylor VTech or Jock Sanders WVU. but overall WR doesn't seem all that likely of a pick if they spend alot of money on the vets.

All Pro
    Lots of Jeff Maheahahl love here hey...

Sure, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    so... do we think the Jets resign only one of Holmes/Edwards? who is this draft pick replacing? Cotchery?
    Holmes. Clearly. What... people actually think we're keeping both? C'mon... this isn't the landing strip.

I could see a pick of a QB/slash/return type to replace Brad Smith. Someone like Tyrod Taylor VTech or Jock Sanders WVU. but overall WR doesn't seem all that likely of a pick if they spend alot of money on the vets.
    I think most on the board think the Jets only sign one of Holmes or Edwards. Cotchery will only be gone in a trade, which IMO is unlikely, and his cap savings would be less than .5 a million with over 3 million still paid. If we go into the season with only Holmes or Edwards, Cotch, and Keller...that offense is a lot less scary, especially if Smith doesn't return (decent depth) and LT isn't brought back for his catches out of the backfield. Jets don't have much depth at WR and even if the Jets signed both Holmes and Edwards, I would be in favor of them drafting another guy to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

Ron John for the 3rd/4th

Randall Cobb

Greg Little

Devier Posey is my fav mid round guy but he prob won't come out.
    Johnson is alot like Cotchery or Smith from the Giants even...Posey is yet another OSU player I really like, though I think he can go in the 2nd if he came out.

Greg Little is going to be a steal...he'll be productive early IMO and be one of those typical late round WRs who has a strong rookie season.

I mentioned him in another thread, but I think Aldrick Robinson from Southern Methodist is going to be a player. His only problem is that he's not big and his school isn't big enough. I like him as a Holmes replacement.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 01-11-2011 at 11:08 AM.

All Pro
    what some small school guys? Some guys mentioned Cecil Short out of union, whom i've never heard of, but there's been some success, or rather attention paid to guys like Ramses Barden out of cal poly, Sanders & Roberts last year.

I'm starting to like Matt Szczur out of Villanova as that all purpose Percy role I was saying earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEV6Yr1r__w

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Johnson is alot like Cotchery or Smith from the Giants even...Posey is yet another OSU player I really like, though I think he can go in the 2nd if he came out.

Greg Little is going to be a steal...he'll be productive early IMO and be one of those typical late round WRs who has a strong rookie season.

I mentioned him in another thread, but I think Aldrick Robinson from Southern Methodist is going to be a player. His only problem is that he's not big and his school isn't big enough. I like him as a Holmes replacement.
    I agree. Little looks like one of those guys who is ready to break out.

All Pro
    Sorry i missed that bit about Robinson. Here i was asking about a small school guy....

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    what some small school guys? Some guys mentioned Cecil Short out of union, whom i've never heard of, but there's been some success, or rather attention paid to guys like Ramses Barden out of cal poly, Sanders & Roberts last year.

I'm starting to like Matt Szczur out of Villanova as that all purpose Percy role I was saying earlier
    Overrated at this point and not even close to the player Harvin is...maybe you can use him similarly but Harvin has top of the line speed and that makes a difference.

All Pro
    Overrated at this point and not even close to the player Harvin is...maybe you can use him similarly but Harvin has top of the line speed and that makes a difference.
    I'm definitely not saying this guy is in the same talent league as Harvin, merely one could design similar plays to be used.

You watched him play? Overrated hey.. its hard to be overrated when your given a 5-6th rnd grade.

Oh, Szczur would be awesome in that range. Seems like he was getting alot of 3/4 hype.

All Pro
    Oh, Szczur would be awesome in that range. Seems like he was getting alot of 3/4 hype.
    well i read somewhere mayock thinks he may get 4th rnd attention.. but over the last few years, it seems like that really becomes moot. He's not top 3-4 rnd guy, so really it comes down to if a team likes him enought to take him that early. I don't think he'll go in rounds 3 or 4 "just cause he's there", if that makes sense.

All League
    3rd Round guy with #1 potential, Juron Criner of Arizona.... (I've decided to write my posts like CBNY in the draft forum)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    well i read somewhere mayock thinks he may get 4th rnd attention.. but over the last few years, it seems like that really becomes moot. He's not top 3-4 rnd guy, so really it comes down to if a team likes him enought to take him that early. I don't think he'll go in rounds 3 or 4 "just cause he's there", if that makes sense.
    there's a better than average chance Szczur chooses baseball after the combine. Great player but he has options.

All Pro
    there's a better than average chance Szczur chooses baseball after the combine. Great player but he has options.
    Yah i was wondering about that actually. The cubs drafted him already, but I assumed that because there's all these scouting profiles on him, that he decided to declare for the NFL.. no?