Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galatasaray's New Stadium

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Galatasaray's New Stadium

It's opening this weeken with a friendly against Ajax. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the opening match but it's really an awesome building can't wait for the first league match.

If the team wasn2t the absolute worst I've ever seen it would've been better but whaddya gona do...

Here's some pics

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    SO how's the midfield for your team? Apparently as a fan of the United States and their players, I'm going to start rooting for your boys....

The rumor is that Michael Bradley is joining your team. He was a solid midfielder for a struggling team in the German league. As the only fan of the Turkish league that I'm in touch with, what's your take?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    SO how's the midfield for your team? Apparently as a fan of the United States and their players, I'm going to start rooting for your boys....

The rumor is that Michael Bradley is joining your team. He was a solid midfielder for a struggling team in the German league. As the only fan of the Turkish league that I'm in touch with, what's your take?
    We've heard the same rumors over here as well.

First of all IMHO Bradley was one of the better players for you guys in the WC. I really liked his energy and the way he seemed to like to play both phases of the game.

It is true that we are going thru one of the worst seasons in our history we're currently 9th in the table which is almost unheard of and we are really struggling. Our biggest problems are central midfield and goalkeeper, so if he does come here he should be in the 11 regularly.

Since we are one of the big three in Turkish football it is a given that this year is an aborration and that we will get back to challenging for the championship next year. And we still have a chance to get to the euroleague next year via the domestic cup. So I think Bradley would be a good fit here. He should be able to help the team and in 3-4 seasons he may be able to make himself a name in eurpoe thru the champions league and euroleague.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    After I wrote that, they announced that he was going to Aston Villa instead.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    After I wrote that, they announced that he was going to Aston Villa instead.
    But apperantly another American has come to Turkey; Freddy Adu has signed for Rize, LOL

how the mighty has fallen, this kid was supposed to be special. Well at least Rize is a good team in the Turkish second divison that has a real chance at a promotion this year.

This guy must be the Gholston of US soccer where the hell did he go wrong?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    But apperantly another American has come to Turkey; Freddy Adu has signed for Rize, LOL

how the mighty has fallen, this kid was supposed to be special. Well at least Rize is a good team in the Turkish second divison that has a real chance at a promotion this year.

This guy must be the Gholston of US soccer where the hell did he go wrong?
    Wow.

I think he was in Monaco last year. Maybe played 15 minutes.

Next stop: Ouzbekistan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Year - Team - Games played (goals)

2004-2006 D.C. United 92 (12)
    2006-2007 Real Salt Lake 11 (2)
    2007- Benfica 21 (5)
    2008-2009 → Monaco !AS Monaco 10 (0)
    2009- déc. 2009 → Belenenses 4 (0)
    2010-jui.2010 → Aris FC 7 (1)

How did this kid ever get dubbed 'next Pélé'?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    How did this kid ever get dubbed 'next Pélé'?
    Football Manager (the game formerly known as Championship Manager or L'Entreineur to you frenchies)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    6 posts the same day in the soccer forum.

Lets keep this ball rolling!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Handball anyone?

World Champs
    Euro Champs
    Olympic Champs

...and World Champs again.

If we did that in football ...

BWAHAAHAHAHAA

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's opening this weeken with a friendly against Ajax. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the opening match but it's really an awesome building can't wait for the first league match.

If the team wasn2t the absolute worst I've ever seen it would've been better but whaddya gona do...

Here's some pics

i just got off the phone with benjamin6418, he thinks it's a dump.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i just got off the phone with benjamin6418, he thinks it's a dump.
    naaah, Benji would've said- and I quote;

"Dump generally refers to a place for disposal of domestic waste. See articles at midden and landfill. The word has other uses alone or in"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some crazy money flying around today.

35 Million Pounds for Andy Carroll
    50 Million for Torres

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    naaah, Benji would've said- and I quote;

"Dump generally refers to a place for disposal of domestic waste. See articles at midden and landfill. The word has other uses alone or in"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Wow.

I think he was in Monaco last year. Maybe played 15 minutes.

Next stop: Ouzbekistan.
    Maybe he could go to Chechnya and play under Ruud Gullit.

Jozy Altidore is going to Bursaspor. Some American fans are already calling him the next Adu (as in a total bust), but I think it's far too early, the dude is only 20, and he got some minutes in Villareal, also he showed flashes in the Confed cup last year, though couldn't score a goal in the World Cup.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jozy Altidore is going to Bursaspor. Some American fans are already calling him the next Adu (as in a total bust), but I think it's far too early, the dude is only 20, and he got some minutes in Villareal, also he showed flashes in the Confed cup last year, though couldn't score a goal in the World Cup.
    Going to Bursa is very very different than going to Rize. Bursa is one of only 5 teams that have won the Turkish championship since it started in the 1950s and they are the current defending champion. They played in the champions league this season and altough they didn't fare well to be fair it was their first time and their lack of experience was obvious. This year they are in second place and in a good position to challenge the leaders Trabzonspor. So if nothing else Altidore is going to learn how to play in high atmosphere games with a lot of pressure.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like

Nahh Besiktas all the way BOY.....Black and White for life TURK/....

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going to Bursa is very very different than going to Rize. Bursa is one of only 5 teams that have won the Turkish championship since it started in the 1950s and they are the current defending champion. They played in the champions league this season and altough they didn't fare well to be fair it was their first time and their lack of experience was obvious. This year they are in second place and in a good position to challenge the leaders Trabzonspor. So if nothing else Altidore is going to learn how to play in high atmosphere games with a lot of pressure.
    I had dinner with the coach of trabzonspor when i was in turkbulu a couple of summers ago...my uncle bejir eniste played pro futbol in turkey before coming here and we are family friends with oktay who played for besiktas...Biz istanbuleyez...lol findik sade

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed that it's far too early to label him a bust and personally, I think he's going to turn out just fine. Next WC I think we're going to see big things from him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    Nahh Besiktas all the way BOY.....Black and White for life TURK/....
    ruh-roh