Thread: Wright interviews Jordan

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Wright interviews Jordan

http://www.draftcountdown.com/interv...ron-Jordan.php

He said he wants to be a pass rusher, that he likes playing the 5 tech, and that he'd play the 3 tech if he was asked.

I like this guy alot, as many do here. Great frame, and he lists himself at 6'4" 287...I think he could be a 3-4 DE in the mold of Ellis/Pryce, and I think he could make an excellent 4-3 DE.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really hoping that someone from the Jordan/Watt/Heyward crop falls to us. I'd be thrilled with any of the three.

I think it became all the more possible when Aldon Smith declared.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm really hoping that someone from the Jordan/Watt/Heyward crop falls to us. I'd be thrilled with any of the three.

I think it became all the more possible when Aldon Smith declared.
    Would you take Aldon Smith if he was there with two of the other guys you mentioned above there as well?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Would you take Aldon Smith if he was there with two of the other guys you mentioned above there as well?
    I'd probably take Aldon Smith over all of those guys.

We need a good DL prospect, but we need a good passrushing OLB as well.

Next to Robert Quinn, I'd say Smith is the best 3-4 OLB in the draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'd probably take Aldon Smith over all of those guys.

We need a good DL prospect, but we need a good passrushing OLB as well.

Next to Robert Quinn, I'd say Smith is the best 3-4 OLB in the draft.
    I'd take Heyward and Jordan over Smith. The first two guys can play DL right out of the box. Smith would have to convert to OLB, he's never done it before and there's no guarantee that he can do it. Robert Quinn's upside is such that it's worth the gamble but Heyward and Jordan both are sons of NFL'ers that's about as risk-free as it gets for high profile prospects.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I'd take Heyward and Jordan over Smith. The first two guys can play DL right out of the box. Smith would have to convert to OLB, he's never done it before and there's no guarantee that he can do it. Robert Quinn's upside is such that it's worth the gamble but Heyward and Jordan both are sons of NFL'ers that's about as risk-free as it gets for high profile prospects.
    The conversion doesn't mean much because Aldon would be used primarily to rush the passer...

It's about as off as the argument for Gholston's lack of success. Rushing the passer is a very simple concept. You are placed on the edge and have to beat your man. And I was a fan of Gholston but he couldn't do it.

Smith would be used on obvious passing downs to rush the passer.

Our biggest needs are pass rusher, and this year I don't think there are going to be any difference makers available. Because of that, the team should look to upgrade Ellis' defensive end position and replace him with a guy who could also rush the passer from the inside. If we can't draft a pass rusher for the outside, improve the inside. And because I don't think any of the difference makers at OLB will be available, look to guys like Jordan. Beal and Houston will not be making any differences at pass rusher in the NFL next year. Just don't see it.

I'm a fan of Jordan. Have watched him closely for a couple of games now and the guy's effort is fantastic. His pursuit even down field is impressive. Great motor that we could really use.